Amazing Pearl Jam Milton Keyes Poster Artist Edition (Brad Klausen) on Sale Details - MLB/Andy Wood

Comments

• elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,047
    was able to help 2 fans get this amazing print. i can sit back and smile now and just hope our Aussie friend finds her stuff (see my other thread HELP HELP)
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,680
    +1 on Version A! :)
  • wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    Version B for me as A was sold out fast.

Also picked up an Ames I think. I kept getting a server error but then got an email order confirmation. So I hope that means it went through.
    NYPJ
  • RD101189RD101189 A distant time, a distant space Posts: 454
    I got version A. Liked that color blue a little better than the lighter blue although the image came out a little better on the lighter one. Agree Ames Bros need to talk to Brad's part time web designer for faster checkout without server issues.
    09/08/1992 - Phoenix, AZ
    07/08/1998 - Phoenix, AZ
    10/21/2000 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/19/2013 - Phoenix, AZ
    10/22/2014 - Denver, CO
    05/09/2022 - Phoenix, AZ
    09/22/2022 - Denver, CO
  • Mookie1Mookie1 Posts: 223
    Me too. Scored them both. Good poster day!
  • EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,506
    Am I the only one that preferred Version B based on his description that the picture opens up more (whatever that means)? Couldn't really see it on line to be honest, but it seemed to make artistic sense. that being said, A seemed to be the preference.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734
    edited July 2014
    got version B aw yeah
    Post edited by lotsalemon on
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• RD101189RD101189 A distant time, a distant space Posts: 454
    Glad to see Brad sell out of a PJ print. Still don't get why that 2013 Pendulum Worcester print isn't sold out.
    09/08/1992 - Phoenix, AZ
    07/08/1998 - Phoenix, AZ
    10/21/2000 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/19/2013 - Phoenix, AZ
    10/22/2014 - Denver, CO
    05/09/2022 - Phoenix, AZ
    09/22/2022 - Denver, CO
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,203
    RD101189 said:

Glad to see Brad sell out of a PJ print. Still don't get why that 2013 Pendulum Worcester print isn't sold out.

Yeah that thing is beautiful probably my favorite from last year (and I was at Pittsburgh).
  • CloudDog23CloudDog23 Posts: 147
    At the gig I went for the London Police one. I am short sighted and colour blind, and the posters were so far back in the merch stalls I couldn't see it was Andy. Having read it was, and the story behind it, and that they played the song last night (something I never thought I'd ever be lucky enough to see) which made the whole gig, in my hometown, so beyond special, I had to get this poster. Version B for me. So happy I snagged one.

2000/05/29 Wembley Arena, London, UK
    2006/04/20 The Astoria, London, UK
    2006/08/29 Gelredome, Arnhem, Netherlands
    2007/06/18 Wembley Arena, London, UK
    2009/08/18 O2 Arena, London, UK
    2010/06/25 Hyde Park, London, UK
    2012/06/20 MEN Arena, Manchester, UK
    2012/07/30 Hammersmith Odeon, UK (Eddie Vedder solo show)
    2013/02/10 O2 Academy Islington, UK (Brad)
    2013/09/19 O2 Academy Brixton, UK (Soundgarden)
    2014/07/08 first direct Arena, Leeds, UK
    2014/07/11 MK Bowl, Milton Keynes, UK
    2017/06/06 Hammersmith Odeon, UK (Eddie Vedder solo show)
    2018/07/17 O2 Arena, London, UK
    2022/07/08 Hyde Park, London, UK
    2022/07/09 Hyde Park, London, UK
  • F**k thought the sale would start in 15 min :-((
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
  • Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 910
    Version B for me. Love the print, the story, everything about it
  • bradklausenbradklausen Posts: 363
    edited July 2014
    3manstack said:

whats the significance of the 5 blue bands on chloes leg? Thanks

5 guys in the band... 5 guys "banded" together.... anyone remember during the self pollution radio show from years and years ago where Krist Novoselic was talking about "many bands make tight work" and was speaking about in construction how if you use multiple bands, it strengthens the construction of a structure, makes something stronger able to last longer... it also had something to do with etching some code into vinyl records, so M.B.M.T.W. many bands make tight work... but was also referring to how for that self pollution show they had many bands performing that night...

plus I've used similar banding on other posters whenever I draw a woman... in my head there's this tribe of shamanic mystical women and they all have the same sort of tattoos... very simple bands and stripes...

Like the shrouded, cloaked "Fate" on the Worcester poster.... when I was working on the MK design, she too is draped in cloth, but this time it's more of a bed sheet... and as I kept developing the design, it made me think of Fate from the Worcester poster and about how in Greek mythology, the gods would often come down to earth disguised as someone else to interact and influence the lives of the mortals... so I started thinking about how this was like Chloe in the MK poster... Fate had come down to earth and taken on the form of Chloe to influence the life of Andy... so while the worcester and mk posters are not supposed to be a set or a series, they share a theme...of the power of Fate in all of our lives... hence the same radial line pattern and the banding tattoos on Fates arms and Chloe's leg

Fate bound the guys in the band together... and banded us all to them and their music and all of us together... were all banded together...all one big "band"...that sorta thing....

Post edited by bradklausen on
  • boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Best of the 3 posters at yesterdays gig. Only 1 I bought. After the gig back in my hotel, I got the poster out and had a proper look at it. Amazing. Front and back. Brad knocked this one outta the park
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • P34RL J4MM3RP34RL J4MM3R Posts: 1,312
    GOT ONE and can't wait to see it. Amazing. Love everything about it.
    There's no need to say goodbye
  • SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,924
    That is a great poster!
    Nature drunk and High
  • JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,409
    Picked up Version A. First poster for a show I didn't attend that I've picked up in a long time.
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • leach7leach7 Posts: 402
    Was Just Able To Purchase One On Brad's Site at 3:00 EST. Sweet! Thought I was gonna be shutout!
  • 3manstack3manstack Posts: 202

3manstack said:

5 guys in the band... 5 guys "banded" together.... anyone remember during the self pollution radio show from years and years ago where Krist Novoselic was talking about "many bands make tight work" and was speaking about in construction how if you use multiple bands, it strengthens the construction of a structure, makes something stronger able to last longer... it also had something to do with etching some code into vinyl records, so M.B.M.T.W. many bands make tight work... but was also referring to how for that self pollution show they had many bands performing that night...

plus I've used similar banding on other posters whenever I draw a woman... in my head there's this tribe of shamanic mystical women and they all have the same sort of tattoos... very simple bands and stripes...

Like the shrouded, cloaked "Fate" on the Worcester poster.... when I was working on the MK design, she too is draped in cloth, but this time it's more of a bed sheet... and as I kept developing the design, it made me think of Fate from the Worcester poster and about how in Greek mythology, the gods would often come down to earth disguised as someone else to interact and influence the lives of the mortals... so I started thinking about how this was like Chloe in the MK poster... Fate had come down to earth and taken on the form of Chloe to influence the life of Andy... so while the worcester and mk posters are not supposed to be a set or a series, they share a theme...of the power of Fate in all of our lives... hence the same radial line pattern and the banding tattoos on Fates arms and Chloe's leg

Fate bound the guys in the band together... and banded us all to them and their music and all of us together... were all banded together...all one big "band"...that sorta thing....

Thanks for that explanation, one more reason to love the design, cannot wait to have it framed and on my wall. Was so glad to have Chloe Dancer & COT last night . Only ever had COT at previous gigs.

Appreciate the story and the time you took to answer my question.
  • CloudDog23CloudDog23 Posts: 147

3manstack said:

Thanks so much for this poster and taking the time to respond.

Could I be so bold as to ask why you chose to put Andy and Chloe on a poster for the Milton Keynes gig? Did you know the band were going to play Chloe Dancer and Crown of Thorns before hand, or were they inspired by your poster? Have I missed some significance with the date?

For me the song being played and the poster have made the night beyond my wildest dreams special, and I am searching for an answer to the question as to whether I got to experience it by pure cosmic chance or because there is a reason that I'm unaware of.

If there is a reason that I'm unaware of, and it needs to remain that way, that's cool.

2000/05/29 Wembley Arena, London, UK
    2006/04/20 The Astoria, London, UK
    2006/08/29 Gelredome, Arnhem, Netherlands
    2007/06/18 Wembley Arena, London, UK
    2009/08/18 O2 Arena, London, UK
    2010/06/25 Hyde Park, London, UK
    2012/06/20 MEN Arena, Manchester, UK
    2012/07/30 Hammersmith Odeon, UK (Eddie Vedder solo show)
    2013/02/10 O2 Academy Islington, UK (Brad)
    2013/09/19 O2 Academy Brixton, UK (Soundgarden)
    2014/07/08 first direct Arena, Leeds, UK
    2014/07/11 MK Bowl, Milton Keynes, UK
    2017/06/06 Hammersmith Odeon, UK (Eddie Vedder solo show)
    2018/07/17 O2 Arena, London, UK
    2022/07/08 Hyde Park, London, UK
    2022/07/09 Hyde Park, London, UK
    I am telling everyone this is my Hartford and Brooklyn I poster. They played Chloe there, too....
  • Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 910
    Version B for me. Love the print, the story, everything about it
    RiotZact said:

RD101189 said:

Yeah that thing is beautiful probably my favorite from last year (and I was at Pittsburgh).
    I agree. I think the Pendulum poster was the best of the US tour as well. It's symbolism, connection to the band and execution was beautiful. The Pitt is a nice connection to the city, but when you can connect to the band and interpret your own way, that's a HR in my book.

(and I too can't believe it's not sold out on his site)
  • JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,409

RiotZact said:

RD101189 said:

I agree. I think the Pendulum poster was the best of the US tour as well. It's symbolism, connection to the band and execution was beautiful. The Pitt is a nice connection to the city, but when you can connect to the band and interpret your own way, that's a HR in my book.

Agree.
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • NoWayNoWay St. Louis Posts: 347
    I like version B better just based on the side by side. But it's a small difference on a great print.
    St. Louis - 7/27/92, 4/22/03, 10/5/04, 5/4/10, 7/1/11 (EV), 10/3/14
    Chicago - 5/17/06, 8/21/08 (EV), 8/23/09, 7/19/13, 8/20/16
    Champaign - 4/23/03
    East Troy - 9/3/11, 9/4/11
    Kansas City - 5/3/10
    Las Vegas - 6/6/03
    Memphis - 6/20/09 (EV)
    Moline - 10/17/14
    Oklahoma City - 11/16/13
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,203

RiotZact said:

RD101189 said:

It's not sold out in the 10c store either, which is good for me cuz when I get a few bucks I'm snagging one for sure! And it's the colors that really win me over with most of Brad's stuff, the colors in last nights poster and the pendulum one are unreal.
  • P34RL J4MM3RP34RL J4MM3R Posts: 1,312
    Here's a little bit of trivia for the serious collector.
    Chloe Dancer and Crown of Thorns have been played together 12 times. Chloe Dancer has been played first 11 of those times, when is the only occurrence of Crown of Thorns being played first and transitioning into Chloe Dancer?
    There's no need to say goodbye
  • lastchild11lastchild11 Posts: 1,281
    Scored version A earlier. Only one I got from this tour, best of the tour. Really like the story behind it, makes it even better.
    Dallas TX 10/17/00
    Oklahoma City 4/3/03
    Dallas TX 6/9/03
    Memphis TN 6/20/09 (Eddie)
    Kansas City MO 4/3/10
    Little Rock AR 8/28/10 (Eddie, WM3 rally)
    St Louis MO 7/1/11 (Eddie)
    Dallas TX 11/15/12 (Eddie)
    Tulsa OK 11/18/12 (Eddie)
    Tulsa OK 11/19/12 (Eddie)
    Dallas TX 11/15/13
    Oklahoma City 11/16/13
    Tulsa OK 10/8/14
    St Louis MO 9/18/22
    Oklahoma City 9/20/22
    Ft Worth TX 9/13/23
    Ft Worth TX 9/15/23

• SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,924
    I grabbed Version A earlier too, not had an email confirmation though so unless the money comes out I guess the Internet gods hate me today.
    Nature drunk and High
  • bradklausenbradklausen Posts: 363
    edited July 2014

"Thanks so much for this poster and taking the time to respond.

Could I be so bold as to ask why you chose to put Andy and Chloe on a poster for the Milton Keynes gig? Did you know the band were going to play Chloe Dancer and Crown of Thorns before hand, or were they inspired by your poster? Have I missed some significance with the date?

For me the song being played and the poster have made the night beyond my wildest dreams special, and I am searching for an answer to the question as to whether I got to experience it by pure cosmic chance or because there is a reason that I'm unaware of.

If there is a reason that I'm unaware of, and it needs to remain that way, that's cool."

---------------------------------------------

that was the date i was given... no significance to milton keyes, would have done the same design for any date I was given... I had no idea they'd play it but was hopeful upon seeing the poster they'd be inspired to... makes me wonder if the believe you me snippet afterwards was inspired by the poster as that was one of ed's songs from before pj and would tie into the message of the design... but I don't know if the poster had any influence on that.

After doing pj posters for 10 years, I am finding it more interesting to do posters based off songs...i've done it before in the past, but I've come to realize I find it more fulfilling to try and make something directly related to the band... it's great if you can tie in some design element to the city and make the design something specific to the people who live in that city,.. but as time has gone by and I've done many pj posters, the song based designs are something I feel more compelled to try and create...it's made it more fun to sit down and try and encapsulate the message and music of a song.

the chloe/crown reference though is so much more then just referencing a song...

plus any time I do a design based off a song, it's like a fun little experiment to see if the band will then play that song... doesn't always work though... didn't work with Insignificance in LA... and with Pendulum for Worcester, I had no idea that would become a regular show opener, so it's tough to say if that poster influenced their decision to play it.... it's basically my way of requesting a song from far away and months in advance.... some fans hold up signs at shows, so it's like my sign asking for a song...
    Post edited by bradklausen on