Options

Pearl Jam Est. 1990 PJ hat & shirt

The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
PJ apparel typically doesn't fit me well. Especially one-size-fits-all hats. But it's been a few years since I've ordered clothing from here- I usually purchase merch at shows.

The model for that hat is just a teenager, looks like. I have a pretty big head. Might not fit, but I want one!

Did these just come out? Does anyone have them yet? Just want to know how they fit.
Another habit says it's in love with you
Another habit says its long overdue
Another habit like an unwanted friend
I'm so happy with my righteous self

Comments

• Options
    KV4053KV4053 Mike's side, crushed up against the stage Posts: 1,455
    Newly listed today
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
  • Options
    joergjoerg Austria Posts: 123
    i just ordered a hat yesterday, should i inform you about the size when i have it in my hands?

as far as hats go, i have to say, that the last hats they sold here in the shop were pretty big but nice to wear. last year i ordered the grey snapback hat with the crest and the saying pj 2013 in it. cool hat, fits perfect!!
    ... wind in my hair i feel part of everywhere ...
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    Thanks, but I ordered one. I guess I'll see how it fits when I get it. If I can't wear it I'm sure someone else will. I've never been a able to wear a PJ hat/toque before and I really like this one, so...
  • Options
    binaural2002binaural2002 Germany Posts: 2,367
    Would be nice to know if the hat is a "one size fits all" or if You can modify it. So, let us know if someone gets the hat. Thanks a lot!
    Pearl Jam 11 / 306 / 121
    96 Zurich - 00 RaR - 07 Munich - 10 Berlin - 12 Berlin² - 14 Amsterdam² Berlin - 18 Berlin - 22 Zurich
    Eddie Vedder 1 / 27 / 27
    19 Düsseldorf
    Watch my videos on YouTube
    Pearl Jam/ Eddie Vedder Setlist-statistics in Google Drive-document >>>click here<<<
  • Options
    Sorry to hijack your thread real quick, but I had to share...Some ass clown over on evilbay is already selling the new shirt, just announced YESTERDAY, for $55. I know by this point it shouldn't amaze/disgust me, but it still does.
    Again sorry, and please continue...
  • Options
    wpg pearlwpg pearl Posts: 1,258
    i love the hat
    ajb
  • Options

Would be nice to know if the hat is a "one size fits all" or if You can modify it. So, let us know if someone gets the hat. Thanks a lot!

It is one size fits all - it has the abbreviation "osfa" in the description.
  • Options

So, this means that the hat looks like this one at the back? Do I understand this correct?

Pearl Jam 11 / 306 / 121
    96 Zurich - 00 RaR - 07 Munich - 10 Berlin - 12 Berlin² - 14 Amsterdam² Berlin - 18 Berlin - 22 Zurich
    Eddie Vedder 1 / 27 / 27
    19 Düsseldorf
    Pearl Jam/ Eddie Vedder Setlist-statistics in Google Drive-document >>>click here<<<
  • Options
    No - that is the complete opposite of a one size fits all hat. The back of that hat allows you to adjust the size to your head. It'll just be complete all the way around and be broken in.
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,206
    edited July 2014

No - that is the complete opposite of a one size fits all hat. The back of that hat allows you to adjust the size to your head. It'll just be complete all the way around and be broken in.

Right before it says OSFA it says it's a snapback, so it should look just like the one pictured.
  • Options
    Well then you got me. If it has a SnapBack, then that kind of doesn't make it a osfa, doesn't it? I never heard of SnapBack before - I didn't know it had a name.

So maybe it's the "bowl" of the inside of the hat that is osfa?

I can picture it now - fitting good, but sitting too high up on my head, like how an old man with dementia would wear a hat, lol
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,206
    I don't want to dig on the ten club or anything but this could all be resolved if they just showed a picture from the back.
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    The grey lightning bolt hat that's been in the shop for awhile is also described as snapback, OSFA. I own this and it's like the one pictured above.
  • Options
    wpg pearlwpg pearl Posts: 1,258
    LOL
    ajb
  • Options
    joergjoerg Austria Posts: 123
    yeah as it is a snapback ,it should look just like the one on the picture
    ... wind in my hair i feel part of everywhere ...
  • Options
    wall05wall05 Posts: 304

So, this means that the hat looks like this one at the back? Do I understand this correct?

Love the Ewing snapback as the example, haha!

@The Waiting Trophy Man

Snapbacks have gotten better in more recent years and you might be pleasantly surprised with how it fits.
    2008 - Camden, NJ 1
    2009 - Philadelphia, PA x4
    2010 - Newark, NJ, New York City, NY x2
    2012 - Philadelphia, PA
    2013 - Chicago, IL, Philadelphia, PA x2, Hartford, CT
    2016 - Philadelphia, PA x2, New York City, NY 2, Fenway 2
  • Options
    Fifi_IrelandFifi_Ireland Posts: 576
    My understanding is a snapback cap is one with a flat peak that doesnt curve like some baceball caps. Its name is nothing to do with the back of the hat at all. Funny....had this discussion yesterday about the milton keynes hat.
    Heres what wiki says
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snapback_(hat)
    168dcfb.jpg
  • Options
    JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,413
    XXL shirt sold out.
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893

I dont mind this hat and I need one for fishing..
  • Options
    Thanks wall05, I hope so. Otherwise it's gonna sit on the top shelf of my closet lol
  • Options
    PapaljuicePapaljuice Jacksonville Posts: 502
    I am contemplating buying the hat but I want to see what the back looks like.

Has anyone received theirs yet and can they post a picture of the back?
    Pearl Jam - ST. PETERSBURG, FL 3-29-94 / WEST PALM BEACH, FL 9-22-98 / TAMPA, FL 8-12-00 / CHARLOTTE, NC 10/30/13 / ST. LOUIS, MO 10-03-2014 / TAMPA, FL 4-11-16 / JACKSONVILLE, FL 4-13-16
    Eddie Vedder - JACKSONVILLE, FL 11/24/12 / JACKSONVILLE, FL 11/25/12 / ORLANDO, FL 11-28-12
  • Options
    Mean JoeMean Joe Posts: 56
    Mine is due next Tuesday...will post pix
  • Options
    If anyone bought a large blue shirt and doesn't want it, please pm me. Thank you.
  • Options
    Mean Joe said:

Mine is due next Tuesday...will post pix

Mean Joe, that´s great! Thanks a lot!
    Pearl Jam 11 / 306 / 121
    Eddie Vedder 1 / 27 / 27
    19 Düsseldorf
  • Options
    Arrived early.....
  • Options
    green_girlgreen_girl Posts: 931
    It would be nice if the women's shirts were as cool as the men's shirts.
  • Options

It would be nice if the women's shirts were as cool as the men's shirts.

You don't like that. green 'Seattle' PJ shirt? I dig it.
  • Options
    Mean Joe said:

Arrived early.....

Hey how does it fit?
  • Options
    It fits fine....had to give the bill a little curve. May have to get a backup for this one!!
  • Options
    PapaljuicePapaljuice Jacksonville Posts: 502
    Thanks Mean Joe
    Pearl Jam - ST. PETERSBURG, FL 3-29-94 / WEST PALM BEACH, FL 9-22-98 / TAMPA, FL 8-12-00 / CHARLOTTE, NC 10/30/13 / ST. LOUIS, MO 10-03-2014 / TAMPA, FL 4-11-16 / JACKSONVILLE, FL 4-13-16
    Eddie Vedder - JACKSONVILLE, FL 11/24/12 / JACKSONVILLE, FL 11/25/12 / ORLANDO, FL 11-28-12