Options

Please stop assigning 10c tickets on the back of the floor if possible

my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
edited January 2016 in The Porch
just wanted to politely ask that the 10c stop assigning 10c tickets on the back of the floor if they can help it... ANYWHERE in the lower bowl is better than the back of the floor... my girlfriend won 10c tickets to Charlotte last year, as did my buddy and his girlfriend and both sets of tickets were WAY back in the back section of the floor... my GF is 5'3 and couldnt see ANYTHING the entire show, literally couldnt see anything on the stage.... my buddy and his GF couldnt see anything either... i am 6'4 and i barely saw anything at all on the stage and pretty much watched the entire show on the video screen... that sucks when you are a dedicated die hard fan and travel and make a vacation out of seeing the best band on the planet... the slightest of elevation that is gained by having a lower bowl seat is priceless, especially when you are vertically challenged :D

please negotiate for more lower bowl seating and less back of the floor seating if you can...

Thanks
Post edited by my2hands on

Comments

• Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,204
    Yeah this is a big fear of mine for Moline, my # is in the 400s and my uncles is in the 500s and we are bringing some vertically challenged people to the show, one of them a first timer so I would hate for him to get a sour taste in his mouth about PJ live just cus he got a shitty seat. Either way it will still be a great time but my fingers are crossed for anything but the floor.
  • Options
    jeff2040jeff2040 Des Moines, IA Posts: 1,588
    I agree, we got floor seats in OKC last year but I'm 6'3" so it wasn't too bad but my fiance is 5'1" so she couldn't see anything and had to watch the show on the projection screens.
    Sometimes you find yourself
    Having to put all your faith
    In no faith
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    10C what another opportunity for you to cash in.... PJ Foot Stools at the merch tents.... covered with leftover stickers from the tour.

Sorry i couldnt resist OP. :D
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,512
    Yes please. 10C should not be giving any 10C members the worst seats in the venues, which is what back of the floor seats are.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    Worst vision, but best sound.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Yes please. 10C should not be giving any 10C members the worst seats in the venues, which is what back of the floor seats are.

• Options
    DewieCox said:

Didn't know that, makes me a little less worried
  • Options
    GivenToLukinKPGivenToLukinKP Chicago Posts: 3,075
    I don't think they really get to "pick" where the seats they get assigned are....back of floor does suck, I would also prefer lower bowl ANYWHERE in the arena over it, but its still better that then to be outside or at home! :D
    Makes much more sense...

2011: East Troy, WI 1 & 2; Toronto ON 1 & 2; Hamilton ON
    2012: Berlin, Germany 1& 2; Stockholm Sweden; Oslo Norway; Copenhagen Denmark
    2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
    2014: Cincinnati, OH; St. Louis, MO; Moline, IL; Milwaukee, WI
    2016: Wrigley Field- Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    RiotZact said:

DewieCox said:

Sure, but it's pretty important to be able to see the show when you go to a show. Otherwise, maybe we could just wait for the official boot? ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    it is better sound indeed
    question is, with a 400 or 500 number, if you dont want back of the floor, would you rather be in the 200s?
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • Options
    GivenToLukinKPGivenToLukinKP Chicago Posts: 3,075
    i think you will be OK no matter where you are in Moline! that place is SO small.
    i looked at Stubhub and there are no seats for sale in section 115 or 103, or in the middle front section of the seated part of the floor "B". hopefully that is where the concentration of 10c seats will be, though i am sure there will be partial sections in other places as well.
    keep the faith!
    RiotZact said:

DewieCox said:

Makes much more sense...

2011: East Troy, WI 1 & 2; Toronto ON 1 & 2; Hamilton ON
    2012: Berlin, Germany 1& 2; Stockholm Sweden; Oslo Norway; Copenhagen Denmark
    2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
    2014: Cincinnati, OH; St. Louis, MO; Moline, IL; Milwaukee, WI
    2016: Wrigley Field- Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

RiotZact said:

DewieCox said:

Sure, but it's pretty important to be able to see the show when you go to a show. Otherwise, maybe we could just wait for the official boot? ;)
    I feel you, just saying though.
    nycrats said:

question is, with a 400 or 500 number, if you dont want back of the floor, would you rather be in the 200s?

Well I've never been on the back of the floor so I can't say but I've had a ton of fun in the 200s before.

i think you will be OK no matter where you are in Moline! that place is SO small.
    i looked at Stubhub and there are no seats for sale in section 115 or 103, or in the middle front section of the seated part of the floor "B". hopefully that is where the concentration of 10c seats will be, though i am sure there will be partial sections in other places as well.
    keep the faith!

RiotZact said:

DewieCox said:

That's a good guess, hope your right. And not to be a half empty type guy but even though the venue is really small it really wouldn't matte if your on the back of the floor, it would be the same as the back of the floor in a really big place.

And for the record I'm not complaining here I'm just saying I'd rather be on the wings than the floor. I'll be the happiest most energetic person in the building no matter where I'm at.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,873
    nycrats said:

I was in the 300 level balcony in Worcester (not 10c tickets) and the seats were awesome. Smaller venue, granted, but the balcony overhung the sections below and we were closer than many 100 level seats in larger arenas.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    RiotZact said:

Yeah this is a big fear of mine for Moline, my # is in the 400s and my uncles is in the 500s and we are bringing some vertically challenged people to the show, one of them a first timer so I would hate for him to get a sour taste in his mouth about PJ live just cus he got a shitty seat. Either way it will still be a great time but my fingers are crossed for anything but the floor.

I had reserved last fall in Pitts, my # 494, I was on the flat floor behind the pit, I couldn't see anything. I am 5'3 and watched the screen all night. My neck HURT! But I was there and was surrounded by kick ass people!
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    DewieCox said:

Yes. It should be the most balanced sound in the venue at that spot.
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    nycrats said:

Yes.

Also now I fear my st Louis seats cuz I'm pretty sure my number is high 400s.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    Back of floor is basically a show-ruiner for me. Im 5'5" so Im staring directly into people's backs. MSG was OK because there is/was risers in the back. I get the whole "its about the music" crowd, and the "just happy to be in the building" crowd... but staring into people's backs kind of sucks.
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,937
    MayDay10 said:

Back of floor is basically a show-ruiner for me. Im 5'5" so Im staring directly into people's backs. MSG was OK because there is/was risers in the back. I get the whole "its about the music" crowd, and the "just happy to be in the building" crowd... but staring into people's backs kind of sucks.

I was up on those elevated risers too, and as a 5'6-ish dude I was VERY thankful for that, same as you! To be honest, it doesn't take more than two rows of large people in front of me to be nearly as good as blind at a PJ show. Wings, front, or bust for me.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,616
    Nami said:

10C what another opportunity for you to cash in.... PJ Foot Stools at the merch tents.... covered with leftover stickers from the tour.

Sorry i couldnt resist OP. :D

What happens when the fans get butthurt about something else and decide to fling their footstools around? (Stickers and all!)

"Stools. Stools for my friends."
    "Jeff and I are going to wait by the gate and kick every one of you stool-less motherfuckers' asses "
    :)

At Philly 2 last year we were at front of the floor and my wife (5'3") could not see -- luckily I could @ 5'11" but floor seats are risky business depending who is in front of you.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,758
    DewieCox said:

This was exactly my experience last fall. For two shows, I was in the last rows of the floor seats just in front of the sound board (I think my number is somewhere in the 500,000's. I don't even care to know because it's that pathetic). I couldn't see jack in my seat, but dang if I didn't love what I was hearing. CRYSTAL CLEAR and LOUD, bass pulsing through my bones from head to foot all night. My whole body felt numb at the end of both of those shows.

For the second show, security was cool enough to let me hang behind everybody in the very back aisle behind 10C rows. The extra six feet or so opened up the sight line. I know they won't allow a bunch of people to do that -- or anybody at some venues -- but if only a handful try it, you could get lucky. Just be chill; don't dance and jump around like a maniac whooping and hollering, stand out of the walkway, and they might leave you alone. Better chance if you wait until they are occupied with someone else. At C-ville it was the girls on their boyfriend's shoulders, or the girls dancing on seats, or the one crazy girl trying to worm her way into GA (repeatedly) . . . thanks to all of them for making me look me look like a harmless bystander.
    :)>-
  • Options
    nycrats said:

Yes.
  • Options
    themessengerthemessenger Dallas Posts: 1,320
    jeff2040 said:

I agree, we got floor seats in OKC last year but I'm 6'3" so it wasn't too bad but my fiance is 5'1" so she couldn't see anything and had to watch the show on the projection screens.

Same here, except I got 6th row behind the pit in OKC and my 5'6" fiancee couldn't see a thing. I'm 6'3" so I was fine for the most part. I would have much rather have had any seat in the lower bowl, even if it was at the far end of the arena.
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    I'm worried about this for Cincinnati. I really want my son to be able to sit with me and not have to go up to the 200 level with my wife.

Do you guys think there are more ten club seats in the back of the floor now or before when there was no GA?
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    I was always on the wings, until 2010. Hartford 2013 I was on the floor behind GA (#308xxx). Would prefer the wings, but happy to be in the venue, especially with the popularity of the New England market.
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    mwplummwplum Posts: 1,509
    I got them in Vancouver last year, and completely agree, ANYWHERE else would be better. Upper bowl or behind the stage (or both) would be preferred to that blind spot on the floor!
    1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    1998-7-19 Vancouver, 7-21 Seattle, Memorial Stadium
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2009-8-17 Manchester, 9-25 Vancouver
    2011-6-16 Seattle (EV), 9-3/4 PJ20, 9-25 Vancouver
    2012-6-27 Amsterdam (#2!)
    2013-11-29 Portland, 12-4 Vancouver, 12-6 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Seattle x 2, Missoula, Fenway x 2
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,616
    Was talking tickets with my brother for our Cincy trip and said I was actually glad my 10C number was higher since the last time I went to a show I had awesome luck finding tickets from a generous 10C member with a much better # than mine...but they put me on the floor.

Hoping Cincy is not on floor!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    The AkkusThe Akkus Posts: 1,093
    Behind the pit on the floor stinks for any show, especially when they are the fan club tickets.
    1998 - Noblesville * Knoxville
    2000 - Noblesville * Cincinnati * Columbus
    2003 - Lexington * East Troy * Noblesville* Columbus
    2006 - Cincinnati
    2008 - NYC night 1 * NYC night 2
    2009 - EV Solo Nashville
    2010 - Columbus * Noblesville * Cleveland
    2011 - East Troy night 1 * East Troy night 2
    2014 - Cincinnati
    2016 - Greenville * Lexington
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    At a popular show on the 03 tour I was put a level higher but right near the stage and it was amazing. I was 20 feet from Stone all night.

Upper level near the stage beats the back of the floor everytime.
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,835
    When my friend and I are going to pick up our tickets we say a little prayer: 'Anywhere but back of the floor please.'
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I was corrected, my GF is vertically defiant :D