*** Leeds Fanviews Here 7/8/14 ***

Comments

• LBCLBC Posts: 74
    A week on, and I am still reliving it.

An awesome show.
    A truant finds home
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    edited July 2014
    An awesome poster as well. Just received my S/N (37/100) from Mark5 studio.

There's one there for you right NOW if you're lucky.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • KathiKathi Posts: 1,828
    love the poster, will incorporate it into my next tat idea...I was going to get an owl for the end of my PhD, so combining it with a PJ-themed tat will be great.
  • Comparing PJ gigs for me is like comparing all their studio albums, love them all in different ways. But this is in the top three I've been to and by far length wise for the 3hrs plus.
    96 Toronto 00 Manchester 06 Leeds 09 Manchester 10 Hyde Park 12 Manchester, Copenhagen, EV Manchester, 14 Leeds
  • LiveAtLeedsLiveAtLeeds Posts: 140
    It was my 7th time seeing them and was far and away my favourite PJ show.
    The set list was stunning, but what really made was how much they all seemed to be enjoying themselves. It really came through in their performance and made for a really special night.
    I'm not sure if it'll ever be topped for me personally..
  • Re-living the gig right now, got me a bottle of berberana reserva 2008, wifes out! could be a long night B-) . Nearly forgot idlewild i'm pretty sure I was standing right near yourself, short haired guy (bald Ha!) wearing WHO T Shirt. Currently on Tremor Christ , Little Secrets.......
    shows: Shepherds Bush 110809
    Hyde Park 250610
    Bridge School Benefit 23/241010
    Manchester MEN 210612
    Amsterdam Ziggodome 270612
    Berlin '02' 040712
  • OlivavuOlivavu England Posts: 1,683

Nearly one week later....still cant get this gig out of my head....! 4th time Ive seen them (including Hyde Park and Milton Keynes) but this blew the others away!

Much Respect !

Hyde Park was one of my least favourite PJ shows. It wasn't their fault, it's just a crap venue.
  • Olivavu said:

Nearly one week later....still cant get this gig out of my head....! 4th time Ive seen them (including Hyde Park and Milton Keynes) but this blew the others away!

Much Respect !

Hyde Park was one of my least favourite PJ shows. It wasn't their fault, it's just a crap venue.
    Yeah can understand why you think that....it was special for me though, it was the first time I saw them and my brother was in tow. I felt it was better than Milton Keynes (although Eddies rant made up for a lot of it) but then ill be biased simply because it was my first time!
  • OlivavuOlivavu England Posts: 1,683
    Fair play.

My favourite gig is probably Reading in 2006 because I hadn't seen them in six years and was busting to do so again!

My first gig at Wembley in 2000 was good, but I was seated and much prefer standing.

Last weeks two gigs were right up there though. They were awesome.

Arras in 2010 was great, but too short.

Paris in 2006 was excellent too.

They're all excellent because they are such an awesome band :)
  • JimmyjamhJimmyjamh Posts: 90
    Olivavu said:

Fair play.

My favourite gig is probably Reading in 2006 because I hadn't seen them in six years and was busting to do so again!

My first gig at Wembley in 2000 was good, but I was seated and much prefer standing.

Last weeks two gigs were right up there though. They were awesome.

Arras in 2010 was great, but too short.

Paris in 2006 was excellent too.

They're all excellent because they are such an awesome band :)

Paris 2006 was awesome. I was lucky enough to see them in Dublin that year too - they were two great shows.

Leeds was a stunner though
  • mcrokmcrok Posts: 628
    whoa, I just watched the youtube video of Baba...was that the best ending ever?
    96 - Ft Lauderdale
    98 - ATL; WPB I & II
    00 - WPB I & II
    03 - Boston I; Detroit I & II
    04 - Boston VFC I & II
    05 - Borgata II
    08 - WPB; NY MSG I & II
    10 - CLE
    12 - Music Midtown; EV Jax II; EV Orlando I&II
    13 - BWI; CVille; CLT
    14 - Memphis
    16 - Jax; Gville; Cola; Fenway II
  • IamTomIamTom Posts: 1,138
    mcrok said:

whoa, I just watched the youtube video of Baba...was that the best ending ever?

It was for me.

I saw this great look on Stone's face when Ed was windmilling. A look of sheer delight watching Ed having the time of his life. It was beautiful.
    Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

Inspired by Pearl Jam, making live music dreams come true.
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,650
    Hope the bootleg hurries up :)
  • CharliePCharlieP Copenhagen, Denmark Posts: 1,035
    Still thinking about this awesome night! I can´t wait for the boot!

Roskilde 2000, Berlin 2006, Athens 2006, Dusseldorf 2007, Copenhagen 2007, New York NY 1 + 2 2008, Berlin 2009, London 2009, London 2010, Berlin 2010, Manchester 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, Stockholm 2012, Oslo 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 (EV solo) 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 2014, Stockholm 2014, Oslo 2014, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Heartland Festival DK (EV solo) 2017, Berlin 2018, Barcelona 2018, Copenhagen 2022, Prague 2022 (Cancelled)

• Electro_UKElectro_UK Posts: 119
    I made a youtube playlist of the best recordings. Only thing that hasn't been filmed is Army Reserve, sadly. It'll hold until the real thing gets here.
    "Hey Eddie, great show-- fuck you!"
    PJ - London 25/6/10, Manchester 20/6/12 + 21/6/12, Isle of Wight 23/6/12, Seattle 6/12/13, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14, Boston 5/8/16 + 7/8/16
    Ed - London 31/7/12, Amsterdam 27/5/17 + 30/5/17, London 6/6/17 + 7/6/17
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,079
    Best looking show of the tour
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 884
    Any videos of the 'fernando' moment. Jeff just couldnt stop laughing and looked like he was loving it
  • Really can't wait for this boot. Would love to see a DVD made
    Dublin '06, Reading '06, Wembley '07, London '09, London '10, Manchester 1 & 2 '12, Leeds '14, Milton Keynes '14, MSG NY ‘16
  • +1 :)
    shows: Shepherds Bush 110809
    Hyde Park 250610
    Bridge School Benefit 23/241010
    Manchester MEN 210612
    Amsterdam Ziggodome 270612
    Berlin '02' 040712
  • tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,916
    Really looking forward to reliving the show with the boot. I found the leeds experience very surreal, just kept thinking I can't believe they're playing this...and then the next song starts and it's more of the same! Brilliant night.
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
    pretty psyched for the proper soundboard of this....
  • strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    tino_11 said:

Really looking forward to reliving the show with the boot. I found the leeds experience very surreal, just kept thinking I can't believe they're playing this...and then the next song starts and it's more of the same! Brilliant night.

Exactly, after every song we'd turn to each and be like What the fuck??
    Such a perfect night!
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,459
    edited July 2014

It was my 7th time seeing them and was far and away my favourite PJ show.
    The set list was stunning, but what really made was how much they all seemed to be enjoying themselves. It really came through in their performance and made for a really special night.
    I'm not sure if it'll ever be topped for me personally..

If you keep going to shows it will. That is the greatness of Pearl Jam.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Electro_UKElectro_UK Posts: 119
    My true 'Oh holy SH*T' moments were Don't Gimmie No Lip, All or None, The Real Me and Leaving Here.

I never even dreamed of hearing any of those anywhere other than a bootleg. Especially All or None. You just don't think the band's minds would even touch on them when drawing the setlist up.
    "Hey Eddie, great show-- fuck you!"
    PJ - London 25/6/10, Manchester 20/6/12 + 21/6/12, Isle of Wight 23/6/12, Seattle 6/12/13, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14, Boston 5/8/16 + 7/8/16
    Ed - London 31/7/12, Amsterdam 27/5/17 + 30/5/17, London 6/6/17 + 7/6/17
  • yarrzyarrz Posts: 3
    Seen pearl jam before 3 Times in the UK. Hyde. Every one was amazing...Leeds...brilliant. 35 songs....thank you. Please come to Scotland!
  • MollsterMollster Posts: 1
    Very late to this thread but I forgot my password and I'm lazy.

Leeds for me was just an amazing experience and full of random moments. I took my friend along with me who was about as far away from being a Pearl Jam fan that's humanly possible. Let's just say the next day I got a text saying "I'm a convert." He now rates Leeds as the best live show he's been to.

Another thing he also mentioned to me was how amazing the crowd was both singing along and how they treated other fans. Sadly I never got the names of the people who were infront and to the side of us. Two cool Irish guys to our left (discussions as to animal was hanging above the stage was amusimg) and a really nice group of Americans (from New York area?!) and a token Aussie. That's not including the awesome people we spoke to after the show in the local McDonalds.

The set list was superb, I think my mind was blown when fatal was played. Whoever the fan was with the sign asking for it to be played - thankyou!
  • A bit late to adding my view but better late than ever. There are some incredible fan views on hear and I enjoyed reading that Burnley Express review. This was my last show of 5 I saw on the Euro Tour and I went into this one on the back of four great shows. I had a feeling about this show when the tour was announced and I had heard great stories about the venue. Got rained on the way to the venue again (last time was at the Vienna show and that was incredible so maybe a good sign)

A lot has been wrote already but the set was amazing and the venue lived up to expectations. The band seemed to be really enjoying it and that is reflected in the length. Highlights for me - Tremor Christ (apologies if I annoyed anyone belting this out) Army Reserve (an underrated favourite of mine) All or None & Fatal. The Who covers especially with the references to them and the fact we were in Leeds. Another storming version of RVM which again seems to have taken on a new life.

People have talked about the length and I couldn't believe when I checked my phone on leaving and realised how long they played. For me it didn't quite top Vienna but hey this is Pearl Jam and we are talking fine margins. They just get better every tour and keep surprising us. What a night! This tour will live long in the memory.

2007 London
    2009 Manchester
    2010 Dublin / London
    2012 Manchester I & II / Berlin I & II / EV: Manchester
    2014 Amsterdam I & II / Vienna / Berlin / Leeds
  • PeArLgOoNeRPeArLgOoNeR Posts: 1,247

A bit late to adding my view but better late than ever. There are some incredible fan views on hear and I enjoyed reading that Burnley Express review. This was my last show of 5 I saw on the Euro Tour and I went into this one on the back of four great shows. I had a feeling about this show when the tour was announced and I had heard great stories about the venue. Got rained on the way to the venue again (last time was at the Vienna show and that was incredible so maybe a good sign)

A lot has been wrote already but the set was amazing and the venue lived up to expectations. The band seemed to be really enjoying it and that is reflected in the length. Highlights for me - Tremor Christ (apologies if I annoyed anyone belting this out) Army Reserve (an underrated favourite of mine) All or None & Fatal. The Who covers especially with the references to them and the fact we were in Leeds. Another storming version of RVM which again seems to have taken on a new life.

People have talked about the length and I couldn't believe when I checked my phone on leaving and realised how long they played. For me it didn't quite top Vienna but hey this is Pearl Jam and we are talking fine margins. They just get better every tour and keep surprising us. What a night! This tour will live long in the memory.

I read your other fanviews and was waiting for this one :) better late than never :)

what a tour it was !

Hamburg 2000, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, Berlin 2010, Berlin 1+2 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Vienna 2014, Berlin 2014, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018
    Chomping at the bit...
  • wolfamongwolveswolfamongwolves Posts: 2,402
    edited September 2014
    I didn't hear the Sirius broadcast, but apparently The Real Me is not being included on the boot because of technical issues with the recording. Is this true? Really disappointed if so...
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2