Options

Tonight's Pearl Jam Leeds '14 poster by Mark 5 .. S/N on sale NOW!!!

13»

Comments

• Options
    I love this one!
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    edited July 2014
    I would have been ecstatic to have anything close to that for Worcester 1 or Hartford last fall. An absolutely amazing poster. I will never understand why some posters sell out so quickly and other don't. This one is definitely one of the best of the European tour IMO.

On a side note, seeing some of his other work for EV and Pearl Jam over the years I can help but feel short changed with that EV solo Boston poster back in 2011. Especially compared to a beauty like this one.
    Post edited by jervin007 on
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    jervin007 said:

I would have been ecstatic to have anything close to that for Worcester 1 or Hartford last fall. An absolutely amazing poster. I will never understand why some posters sell out so quickly and other don't. This one is definitely one of the best of the European tour IMO.

On a side note, seeing some of his other work for EV and Pearl Jam over the years I can help but feel short changed with that EV solo Boston poster back in 2011. Especially compared to a beauty like this one.

Was that the weird Bridge one??
    Never understood that "art" either!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    derbydave said:

Yeah, it's the bridge going into Boston, but just a mediocre poster. He followed it up with chelios Detroit and Star Wars Oakland that tour. Could have been a much better theme to pick for Boston

PJ:
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

• Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    jervin007 said:

derbydave said:

Yeah, it's the bridge going into Boston, but just a mediocre poster. He followed it up with chelios Detroit and Star Wars Oakland that tour. Could have been a much better theme to pick for Boston

I LOVE the Detroit EV poster!!!

photo SDC11691.jpg

It was a GREAT show too!!!
    :-bd
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    Spot on with tonight's poster Bradley. Good job.

rssesq said:

more owls?!

the owl is a symbol of the Bohemian Grove/freemason/illuminati
    http://bohemiangroveexposed.com/
    say it aint so Eddie!

while the owl is used by the folks at Bohemian Grove...the symbol of the owl is not evil nor does it belong to any faction of "illuminati" or freemasons.

The symbolism of the owl predates bohemain grove by thousands of years. For example, the native americans were not freemasons or "illuminati" and used the symbol in their own art. The owl is often used as a symbol of wisdom, due to the fact that owls can see at night... they can see things in the dark, so this becomes symbolic of being able to see things that other people cannot... the owl is therefore "wise".

There are many symbols out there that get wrongly attributed to certain groups, and we as a society are conditioned to associate certain symbols with certain groups despite the fact that the symbols and their meanings predate the group(s) who is(are) using them. Examples would be the cross.. the cross predates christianity by thousands of years, but people see the cross and say that is a christian symbol... and while it has become associated with christianity, the christains didn't create it, they just started using it. Same with the star of david. Same with the swastika. But you can now never use those symbols without the connotations they now have... you can't use the star of david without people seeing it as the logo of judaism. The true meaning of the symbols has been altered.

These symbols that people associate with the "illuminati", like the all-seeing eye, don't belong to these groups, they did not create them, but they use them. So there is no trademark or copyright on these symbols meaning that they are the property of certain groups, in the way that a corporation or sports team logo is. The all-seeing eye is not an evil symbol representing the oppressive eye of big brother or the concept of a pyramidal hierarchy of control with the few at the top and the many at the bottom. It has taken on that meaning because we have been conditioned away from it's true meaning due to the powerful nature of the symbol that certain elements in the world don't want the masses to understand, so they condition us to look at certain symbols as evil to frighten us away from knowing their true meaning. These symbols are universal and have existed almost since man's beginning, so they can't be destroyed in the way that you can never remove the circle or triangle or cross from existence because they are embedded in the infrastructure of existence, but their meanings can be altered so as to hide their power... as with the swastika.. the swastika was a symbol of good fortune, also a symbol of rotation and spin in the way that a propeller spins symbolizing the spinning of a galaxy or atom or planet... but it was hijacked by the nazis and is now forever embedded in the psyche of society as an evil symbol of hatred and intolerance, death and destruction. It's almost next to impossible to reclaim that symbol due to how one group used it during a nano second of history in the grand scheme of time.The same is happening with many powerful symbols, they have been stolen from us and we are surrendering them over to these groups and losing them.

Symbolism is like any language, and languages are not good or evil. The good and evil only comes into play by the people who use the language. I can use the english language to write a love letter or a death threat. Mathematics is a symbolic language, and there are evil people who use that language to create atom bombs, but we would never say that mathematics belongs to a particular group in society.

Symbols get hijacked and have their meaning altered by the groups who hijack them and use them negatively. It's like star wars... there's the jedi and the sith... both use the same force. One uses it for good, the other for evil... but the force itself is neither good nor evil.

There is tremendous power in the language of symbolism, and there is an element in the world that wants to make sure the masses can't access that power and remain symbolically illiterate, so they purposefully paint certain symbols as evil, or satanic, to scare off the masses from utilizing that symbolic language that they themselves use to control and manipulate and remain in power. And then we, the masses, propagate and promote that deception and misdirection by giving away symbols that are our birthright and keys to our salvation to these nefarious elements. It's all a big manipulation to keep us in the dark without the eyes to see... we must be wise like the owl and learn to see through the darkness.

• Options
    jason_94jason_94 Toledo, OH Posts: 1,872
    I just got my order in now too. I can't believe I was still able to get one. I also think it's a great looking poster, along with all of his other work!

I had been checking his site since the day of the show waiting for this. I was out of town yesterday and I never checked. I feel very fortunate that I could still get it.

I missed out on his Buffalo A/P poster from last year. That was a show I was at. I ended up getting one on that auction site. I'm glad I didn't have to do that this time!
    3/22/94 Cleveland, OH
    9/21/96 Toronto, ON
    8/26/98 Cleveland, OH
    5/09/10 Cleveland, OH
    9/03/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    9/04/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    7/19/13 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 Buffalo, NY
    12/06/13 Seattle, WA
    10/16/14 Detroit, MI
    10/17/14 Moline, IL
    8/20/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
  • Options
    jgb233jgb233 Posts: 18
    I was at the Leeds show, but didn't buy a poster because I didn't want to have to carry it in GA (I had a backpack with me so was already burdened by that), and in my post show euphoria completely forgot to buy one on the way out. I am about to pull the trigger on the Mark 5 website for one, but with shipping to the UK ($30) it comes in at £48, pretty much double the price in Leeds! Does anyone know where I might be able to get a copy in the UK (apart from ebay of course). Also, it seems the one on the website says it is 1 of 100? Anyone know the difference between this one and the one at the show?

Thanks all!
  • Options
    jgb233 said:

I was at the Leeds show, but didn't buy a poster because I didn't want to have to carry it in GA (I had a backpack with me so was already burdened by that), and in my post show euphoria completely forgot to buy one on the way out. I am about to pull the trigger on the Mark 5 website for one, but with shipping to the UK ($30) it comes in at £48, pretty much double the price in Leeds! Does anyone know where I might be able to get a copy in the UK (apart from ebay of course). Also, it seems the one on the website says it is 1 of 100? Anyone know the difference between this one and the one at the show?

Thanks all!

The ones on his website are signed and numbered. The ones at the show aren't.

PJ:

• Options
    I just received mine in the mail yesterday (Monday)!!!

3/22/94 Cleveland, OH
    9/21/96 Toronto, ON
    8/26/98 Cleveland, OH
    5/09/10 Cleveland, OH
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 Buffalo, NY
    12/06/13 Seattle, WA
    10/16/14 Detroit, MI
    10/17/14 Moline, IL
    8/20/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
  • Options
    Mine arrived on Monday as well! #16
    ...just got a fresh bottle.
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    #37, super nice...
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    great metallics on this.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,696
    Mine just arrived from Mark5! :)
  • Options
  • Options
    demetrios said:

Very nice Demetrios. Love the clever use of the brazilian flag on eddie's poster

manchester 00
    manchester 09
    belfast 2010
    hyde park 2010
    manchester 2012 1&2
    amsterdam 2012 1&2
    EV manchester 2012
    EV london 31/7/12
    brooklyn 2013 1&2
    milano,leeds,milton keynes 2014

monkey driven call this living
  • Options
    rock4everrock4ever Posts: 237
    jgb233 said:

Thanks all!

Ask a very nice American to get you one , then ship it over in a tube for probably $10 tops

• Options
    WASTIDWASTID Posts: 150
    Need to get myself a good frame for this Leeds poster (oh, and for the Milton Keynes Crown of Thorns poster) so that they can take pride of place in the new house I am about to move into (which will have a great office / music / entertainment room where these can take pride of place).
    Wembley Arena, London, England 05-30-2000
    Astoria, London, England 04-20-2006
    Wembley Arena, London, England 06-18-2007
    MEN Arena, Manchester, England 08-17-2009
    Hyde Park, London, England 06-25-2010
    MEN Arena, Manchester, UK 06-20-2012
    Apollo, Manchester, UK 07-28-2012 (Ed Solo)
    San Siro, Milano, Italia 06-20-2014
    FD Arena, Leeds 07-08-2014
    National Bowl, Milton Keynes 07-11-2014
  • Options
    weebleweeble Bristol, England Posts: 133
    Love it, picked up a few different prints whilst I was there.
    This might pass, this might last, this may grow
  • Options
    10 left!!
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,996
    I like this poster design.
  • Options
    demetrios said:

10 left!!

How is this possible?

- Great artist.

- Awesome looking print

- S/N

- Reasonable price

- incredible show (on paper at least. I wasn't there but I can't wait for the boot!)

I have mine. Glad I got it & I am very happy with it!
    3/22/94 Cleveland, OH
    9/21/96 Toronto, ON
    8/26/98 Cleveland, OH
    5/09/10 Cleveland, OH
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 Buffalo, NY
    12/06/13 Seattle, WA
    10/16/14 Detroit, MI
    10/17/14 Moline, IL