Options

Do I make the trip?

SavageHenrySavageHenry Posts: 2
edited May 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Here's the first post. I've been visiting this site daily for the past 6 months in anticipation of the album, and very nearly made my first post a post of anger when everyone was complaining about Vedder's voice, but then there was the Letterman performance of "Life Wasted" and he proved its present tremendous quality himself.

Now, my dilemma, which is actually not a dilemma but I'm bored, it's late, and I, like many of you, am waiting for the bootleg to be available. I'm from NYC but currently living in the Boondocks of Western PA. Why you ask? I went insane, and decided to start a career out in the boondocks. No worries, my sanity has returned and I'll be moving back to NYC just in time for the June 3rd concert. Well, onto my point, if this rain cancels some sporting things I need to attend tomorrow I have the option of driving six hours to Albany, purchasing a ticket, and meeting up with some friends to see Pearl Jam for the second time.

Do I do it?

"Do I make the Trip Reprise": I'm definitely going if my afternoon opens up, I'm just interested in getting some direct feedback from the few, the insane, the members of the Pearl Jam Message Board.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    eddieved24eddieved24 Posts: 107
    I say go for it!! you know if you don't go....you will Jinx yourself...you will see the set list and say DAMN IT!!! why was I so stupid!!! I should have gone. Now is this 6 hours one way? That is pretty far....I guess you could always buy the boot...But I think you should go
    all those paper plates......
  • Options
    eddieved24eddieved24 Posts: 107
    also, unless there is a show, there are usually a lot more people posting on the other part of the board " Porch"....just so ya know...a little more action over there
    all those paper plates......
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    well of course you do - its saturday, the best day of the week for working people who have to travel to a show. skip the sporting stuff anyway, whether it rains or not.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    eddieved24 wrote:
    I say go for it!! you know if you don't go....you will Jinx yourself...you will see the set list and say DAMN IT!!! why was I so stupid!!! I should have gone. Now is this 6 hours one way? That is pretty far....I guess you could always buy the boot...But I think you should go

but if he's in pa, and has lived in ny, he's probably not afraid of distance. i'm not. i live in upstate and have to drive hours to anything good. i drove toronto to quebec c. last tour. about 9 hours. worth every mile.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    AmentsArmyAmentsArmy Posts: 78
    The answer to that question is always. Even if you regret it all the way to the venue for any multitude of reasons, the moment the band takes the stage you'll know you made the right call.
    Rapid City - June 23rd, 1998

"I will hold the candle, till it burns up my arm..."
  • Options
    Long distance driving is of no worry...in November I drove from Minnesota to NYC in just over 24 hours, which was insane...I'm a road warrior, now my car surviving the trip is another story...