*** Berlin Fanviews Here 6/26/14 ***

124»

Comments

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    there is noone that can NOT falling in love with that venue..impossiple..best place to see pj
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • binaural2002binaural2002 Germany Posts: 2,367
    edited July 2014

there is noone that can NOT falling in love with that venue..impossiple..best place to see pj

I totaly agree! But not only for PJ, also other bands would have a perfect evening there.

Pearl Jam 11 / 306 / 121
    96 Zurich - 00 RaR - 07 Munich - 10 Berlin - 12 Berlin² - 14 Amsterdam² Berlin - 18 Berlin - 22 Zurich
    Eddie Vedder 1 / 27 / 27
    19 Düsseldorf
    Watch my videos on YouTube
    Pearl Jam/ Eddie Vedder Setlist-statistics in Google Drive-document >>>click here<<<
  • This was the show out of my 5 I was initially not going to do. I'm glad I changed my mind. I have read a lot of things about this venue on these boards over the years but you really have to experience it to get it. I wondered how the show could top Vienna and in the end I don't think it did but what a great place to watch the band perform. You can tell why they love playing here. Tried to get to the venue as quickly as possible after checking into my hotel. I wanted to have a few hours soaking up the place before heading in to the actual venue. It feels so secluded as you approach the venue and walking up the path you could feel yourself relax as there was such a chilled vibe.

We took a spot on Mike's side in the seating are and had a great view. It is great you can just sit where you want without been ushered to where someone would like you to sit. There was a relaxed atmosphere throughout the whole place even when it got busy inside. Even the Merch and beer stand felt easy-going.

My 12th show and it was an incredible set. The band seemed relaxed and where having a lot of fun. Highlights were All Those Yesterdays, Sleight of Hand and Crazy Mary but that is just picking a few of many. You Are was great to hear especially as I remembered it been a request from here. (is it been a bit picky wishing he would go back to singing 'You are a tower of strength to me' - maybe, but I love that line)

Great memories of the night and I got some decent pics on my phone. I like to see the band in different cities each tour as I like to get to see new places but I think I would make the exception for Wuhlheide. I would recommend it to anyone.
    2007 London
    2009 Manchester
    2010 Dublin / London
    2012 Manchester I & II / Berlin I & II / EV: Manchester
    2014 Amsterdam I & II / Vienna / Berlin / Leeds
  • wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    Great looking venue...outdoors is always a great sounding show......Gods dice/Hold on......nice
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

This was the show out of my 5 I was initially not going to do. I'm glad I changed my mind. I have read a lot of things about this venue on these boards over the years but you really have to experience it to get it. I wondered how the show could top Vienna and in the end I don't think it did but what a great place to watch the band perform. You can tell why they love playing here. Tried to get to the venue as quickly as possible after checking into my hotel. I wanted to have a few hours soaking up the place before heading in to the actual venue. It feels so secluded as you approach the venue and walking up the path you could feel yourself relax as there was such a chilled vibe.

We took a spot on Mike's side in the seating are and had a great view. It is great you can just sit where you want without been ushered to where someone would like you to sit. There was a relaxed atmosphere throughout the whole place even when it got busy inside. Even the Merch and beer stand felt easy-going.

My 12th show and it was an incredible set. The band seemed relaxed and where having a lot of fun. Highlights were All Those Yesterdays, Sleight of Hand and Crazy Mary but that is just picking a few of many. You Are was great to hear especially as I remembered it been a request from here. (is it been a bit picky wishing he would go back to singing 'You are a tower of strength to me' - maybe, but I love that line)

Great memories of the night and I got some decent pics on my phone. I like to see the band in different cities each tour as I like to get to see new places but I think I would make the exception for Wuhlheide. I would recommend it to anyone.

yep..itas the only place i said to myself at 2009,first time i saw the band at this venue
    "ill never miss a pj show at Wuhlheide"
    and i saw all so far..and ill return there when they band will play at Wuhlheide
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,339
    I agree with Dimi. I was so happy to be able to make it to the show, and was especially excited to go there with my American hubs. Fingers crossed we can make it there again next time.

I also agree with diamond_marmalade saying that it was so cool to just sit where you wanted, together with friends. I think this made this one show the best I have been to so far. Well, and You Are being played :D
  • jumbojetjumbojet Posts: 1,484
    I shared the taxi from metro with 2 guys in their early 20's, from Faroe Islands.

They were fired up, they said they've been waiting for this show for 2 years. Apparently was their first.

Taxi left us far away from the buhne, so we had to walk like 10 minutes. We talked a bit, the guys haven't heard about 10-club nor the "Lost Dogs" record nor the bootlegs.

I told them whatever passion they had at the moment, would get doubled after the show. It is so refreshing to see the excitement of new generation for PJ music.

They wanted to be as close to the stage as possible. I tried to assure them it is possible.
    What's your part, who you are?

2012: Arras, Berlin 1-2
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires
    2014: Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: NY MSG 1
  • ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,877

This was the show out of my 5 I was initially not going to do. I'm glad I changed my mind. I have read a lot of things about this venue on these boards over the years but you really have to experience it to get it. I wondered how the show could top Vienna and in the end I don't think it did but what a great place to watch the band perform. You can tell why they love playing here. Tried to get to the venue as quickly as possible after checking into my hotel. I wanted to have a few hours soaking up the place before heading in to the actual venue. It feels so secluded as you approach the venue and walking up the path you could feel yourself relax as there was such a chilled vibe.

yep..itas the only place i said to myself at 2009,first time i saw the band at this venue
    and i saw all so far..and ill return there when they band will play at Wuhlheide
    one time wuhlheide...always wuhlheide!!! best location for a pj concert in europe!
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017

one time wuhlheide...always wuhlheide!!! best location for a pj concert in europe!
    oh yeah!!!
    hey buddy..,hope all ok!!:)
    Wuhlheide is absolutely the perfect location for PJ!
    Pearl Jam 11 / 306 / 121
    96 Zurich - 00 RaR - 07 Munich - 10 Berlin - 12 Berlin² - 14 Amsterdam² Berlin - 18 Berlin - 22 Zurich
    Eddie Vedder 1 / 27 / 27
    19 Düsseldorf
    Pearl Jam/ Eddie Vedder Setlist-statistics in Google Drive-document >>>click here<<<

Wuhlheide is absolutely the perfect location for PJ!

exactly..thats why they played so many times there
  • FhaydFhayd Posts: 1
    edited August 2014
    I can't find the bootleg or the poster for Berlin - I really hope both will be added soon!! I didn't buy the poster at the concert since I was traveling by bus and train, and feared it could be damaged or crumbled.
    The concert was fantastic! I'm a fan for more than 20 years but never had the chance to see them live. Wuhlheide 2014 was my first PJ concert, and THANK YOU, PJ - it was epic!
    Both - bootleg and poster - will be available in the next weeks in the 10c shop. So buy both there ...
    Pearl Jam 11 / 306 / 121
    Eddie Vedder 1 / 27 / 27
    19 Düsseldorf

Both - bootleg and poster - will be available in the next weeks in the 10c shop. So buy both there ...

yep..next thursday will e bootleg and poster ,at 7 pm central european time
  • sickofitsickofit Norway Posts: 780
    Oh, how I loved being at this show!! Made it there with a good friend, whom I then lost cuz she likes taking her time getting in :)) Spent the show next to another good friend (after I got medical help backstage for a mysteriously caused fat lip :-/ ...missed the first 4 songs! >:P) and dancing around madly with the gorgeous ppl in what became the "circle of love". You guys made this show special for me ;;)
    if I keep holding out,.... will the light shine through?
  • RoeghmannRoeghmann Posts: 968
    Just finished the boot again. Those first 5 songs is one of the Best openings of any PJ show!
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh see the world.
  • Hi friends!
    I finally uploaded my photos from Berlin & Stockholm to flickr. Here's the link, I hope you like them! It's not professional, but I tried to get a decent result, at least!!! I personally enjoy very much looking at each one's different angle!
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/yiota79/sets/72157646744040801/
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    U_it'sUUU said:

Hi friends!
    I finally uploaded my photos from Berlin & Stockholm to flickr. Here's the link, I hope you like them! It's not professional, but I tried to get a decent result, at least!!! I personally enjoy very much looking at each one's different angle!

Great pics ! :-bd
    U_it'sUUU said:

Hi friends!

awesome,thanbks
  • kamilaaakamilaaa Warsaw Posts: 44
    U_it'sUUU said:

Hi friends!

good job :)
    Berlin 2 2012 | Vienna 2014| Berlin 2014| Gdynia 2014| Berlin EV solo 2017| Heartland Festival EV solo 2017| Amsterdam 2 2018| Pinkpop 2018| Padova 2018| Rome 2018| Prague 2018| Kraków 2018| Berlin 2018| Rock Werchter 2018| Barcelona 2018| London 2 rescheduled 2018| Berlin EV solo 2019| Dusseldorf EV solo 2019