I cried tears of joy! ♥
    Post edited by Kriszti on
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,046
    mutobart said:

tino_11 said:

mutobart said:

they playe for almost 3 hours.
    on the other hand, it was already a bit too long and I didn't like that setlist very much imho.

This is a joke, right?

Wow, another amazing show. Anybody who's done the Milan, Trieste, Vienna run are so lucky, all look like amazing shows!

why? I may have my prefered songs no?
    what relates the length, good and not. I don't mind listening but in some parts the audience was slowly 'leaving' the show, slowing down the emotions. the band lifted it up always, but it was very very long.

Wow. I thought I had heard every dumb complaint possible around here. Pearl Jam played too long!?!?!? Really????
  • Options
    tachepiranhatachepiranha Posts: 399
    On the flight back to Berlin from Vienna, cabin crew from airberlin / niki made an official greeting to all PJ fans before showing safety instructions :P
    I feel very close to you all now; so close I could almost... loan you money. Really. it goes that deep.
    -Tom Waits-

Everybody should believe in something...I believe i'll have another drink - anonymous -

Ah that's just drunk talk, sweet beautiful drunk talk.
    -Barney Gumble-
  • Options
    kravickravic Serbia Posts: 1
    I watched only two PJ shows so far, in Prague 2012 and this one in Vienna. The greatest quote for the latter would be: Saw things so much clearer :)
    This time I was with my wife and I was truly happy that two things I love the most were combined that night.
    This was, without any doubt, the best show I have EVER watched in my life, and believe me, I was at plenty of them. I am still amazed with the set list, the length of the performance and the amount of energy the band exchanged with the crowd.
    There are some songs I still need to hear live so I will definitely attend few more shows on their next European tour, I just can't get enough :)
    2012 - O2 Arena, Prague 2014 - Wiener Stadthalle
  • Options
    crisr25crisr25 Rotterdam Posts: 27
    What a brilliant show! Standing fourth row at the right. It was amazing, setlist the best this tour .... till Berlin! Jealous of the ones who were there. I've been to 3 shows so far this tour, only one to go, Werchter festival. And then ... Try to go on with my life ;-)
    Arnhem 2006, Barcelona 2006, Nijmegen 2007, Rotterdam 2009, Nijmegen 2010, Werchter 2010, Amsterdam 2012 (I), Amsterdam 2012 (II), Berlin 2012 (I), Berlin 2012 (II), Amsterdam 2012 (EV solo), Amsterdam 2014 (I), Amsterdam 2014 (II), Vienna 2014, Werchter 2014, Amsterdam 2017 (EV solo I), Amsterdam 2017 (EV solo II), Amsterdam 2018 (I), Amsterdam 2018 (II), Landgraaf (Pinkpop Festival) 2018, Prague 2018, Barcelona 2018, Amsterdam 2019 (EV solo), Barcelona 2019 (EV solo), Amsterdam 2021 (I), Amsterdam 2021 (II), Werchter 2021, Copenhagen 2021, Krakow 2021, Prague 2021.
  • Options
    Vienna was my second show ever and it was breathtakingly good!!! The energy from the band, the crowd, the setlist..opening with Long Road and Can't Keep.
    I feel blessed to have been able to experience it.

By the way how do you get over the post-show blues??

I'm so tempted to book a ticket to London for the MK show right now!!!
  • Options
    pledgeagrievancepledgeagrievance Posts: 2,804
    edited June 2014
    This looks like the boot to get so far! Congrats to those who were there!
  • Options
    wow, great set...
    "If you're like me, then you know me"

2006: Camden 1
    2008: Washington DC
    2009: Philly 1, Philly 2, Philly 3, Philly 4
    2013: Philly 1, Philly 2, Baltimore
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2,
    2017: Temple of The Dog Philly 2
  • Options
    Louisa17Louisa17 Berlin Posts: 18
    Vienna was my very first Pearl Jam show. I can't even describe how amazing it was. The concert totally blew my mind.
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165

Vienna was my second show ever and it was breathtakingly good!!! The energy from the band, the crowd, the setlist..opening with Long Road and Can't Keep.
    I feel blessed to have been able to experience it.

By the way how do you get over the post-show blues??

I'm so tempted to book a ticket to London for the MK show right now!!!

That's exactly it, you figure out a way to get to the next show/tour. In the meantime, relive past shows every way possible (here, Facebook, pictures, reviews, boots) then go to see other bands and feel thankful that you have PJ to look to as your favourite band. Before you know it, the next fix has arrived.

Then repeat!
  • Options
    ItIsAllAboutPJItIsAllAboutPJ S.B., CA Posts: 829
    This set list leaves my jaw on the floor........must hear boot!! ^:)^

PS: Hi Dimi.....so glad you're having the time of your life at all these great shows.
    I'm sooooo jelly of you and everyone else there!!!!! :-h
  • Options
    Suziemay said:

That's exactly it, you figure out a way to get to the next show/tour. In the meantime, relive past shows every way possible (here, Facebook, pictures, reviews, boots) then go to see other bands and feel thankful that you have PJ to look to as your favourite band. Before you know it, the next fix has arrived.

Then repeat!

He he that's exactly what I ve been doing since I got home!!!

• Options
    REDVEDREDVED Posts: 65
    Definitely best gig of the tour so far for me, Berlin was good but vienna was amazing, glad to have been there
  • Options
    PeArLgOoNeRPeArLgOoNeR Posts: 1,247
    Been to 12 PJ shows andthis might just be the best of the lot! It was an out of body experience!

Hamburg 2000, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, Berlin 2010, Berlin 1+2 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Vienna 2014, Berlin 2014, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018
  • Options
    cocheese77cocheese77 Manchester UK Posts: 29
    edited June 2014
    Made the trip from the UK to Vienna. Yet again my wife and I got the chance to visit a new city as a result of our love for PJ! We once again met some great people and had a great time in a truly beautiful city.
    We had GA tix and spent the show 'Stone side' a couple of rows back from the barrier. The crowd and atmosphere was superb from our perspective and we loved every minute.
    The band are on top form again at the moment and they appeared to be loving this show too. Seeing the hall's back wall I thought we'd be in for some shocking sound but I have to say it all sounded good and we spend the evening fist pumping singing dancing and head banging!!

Loved Vienna, Loved the Show and as always loved meeting and chatting to fellow fans as we strolled through the town.

PS The Long Road - perfect show opener ever time :-)
    Post edited by cocheese77 on
    www.stickittoms.com

Birmingham 2009 582 Drummers
    Manchester 2012 798 Drummers!!

Raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis Society
  • Options
    giventofly69giventofly69 Vancouver Posts: 849
    Vienna was my 9th PJ show, and first ever show in Europe ... and it was an FANTASTIC night. Thank you to Pearl Jam and their wonderful fans for creating that amazing energy last Wednesday night!!!

The unstoppable energy of the band, the killer setlist, and seeing the entire GA crowd on fire all night made the show special for me. The first set was just brilliant - everyone (band and the fans) got so pumped up. I also really really loved Speed of Sound into Footsteps. Stunningly beautiful. Had goosebumps during Footsteps.

Thank you to Pearl Jam, the amazing European fans, and my 10C neighbours for giving this Canadian girl such a wonderful night!
    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
  • Options
    giventofly69giventofly69 Vancouver Posts: 849
    One more thing ... loved the placement of Black as the 3rd song in ... very unexpected (for me) and it just got the whole crowd in sync and raised the energy level through the roof.
    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
  • Options
    kein_geredekein_gerede Posts: 106
    I travelled there for 7 hours (form Switzerland) all by myself. I had brain surgery in january and when I regained consciousness, the first thing I did was buying a ticket for that show.
    one of the best setlist i saw so far.
    after berlin 2009 and berlin 2012 (twice)
    It was sooo worthwhile!

Thanks to Pearl Jam and the crowd.
    On Thursday I was at the Clapton concert and I was soo pissed, because people had nothing better to do than film the whole concert with their cellphones. I saw nothing except blue screens. It was the most expensive DVD I ever bought. I didn't see that at any Pearl Jam show. I guess Pearl Jam fans are more "honest".
    15.08.09 Berlin, 04.07.12 Berlin, 05.07.12 Berlin, 25.06.14 Vienna
  • Options
    RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,942
    edited June 2014
    Absolutely brilliant gig, all the members were on fire and the crowd was surprisingly good by the usual Austrian gig standards :P EVERYTHING was perfect (even the sound was quite good to me) and it was obvious Ed, Mike, Stone, Matt, Jeff and Boom did their best to make us feel the luckiest persons on Earth that evening!
    My best friend told me there it was the most intimate show he had ever attended and I could agree with that sentence.
    PJ is still the best live band in my opinion and the Vienna gig could overshadow the ultrabrilliant Soundgarden show a week before!!!
    Thank you Pearl Jam, you just can't disappoint me!
    Post edited by Ricsard on
    budapest.arnhem.antwerpen.vienna.madrid.katowice.nova_rock.nijmegen.rotterdam.berlin.dublin.belfast.london.venice.prague.stockholm.copenhagen.vienna.leeds.milton_keynes.padova.
    prague.seattle1.seattle2.chicago1
  • Options
    I'm still buzzing from this..

Hamburg 2000, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, Berlin 2010, Berlin 1+2 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Vienna 2014, Berlin 2014, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    This show completed our 3 show European Tour and I have to tell you, I was pretty surprised how good it was. The band had an epic show in Trieste three nights earlier but really brought it. The cover of Public Image was AWESOME! In fact two uncle Neil covers makes these Canadians proud. ;)
    We were lucky enough to be standing beside a nice German girl who was at her first ever show. Travelled by herself because none of her friends are fans. She had a blast.
    Another great setlist, it is a little surprising how few songs off Lightning Bolt they have been playing in Europe but that is what make Pearl Jam unique.
    Thanks to all the PJ fans in Europe for a wonderful time and sorry to the guy I bumped into at the door leaving, I just really needed some air lol.
    As for the sound at Stadhalle, I didn't think it was too bad, it's no ziggo dome but it is better than the Saddledumb in Calgary lol
    I'm sure that's the number one worst place the band has done a sound check, but Eddie didn't mention it specifically.
    Cannot wait for all three bootlegs. Only disappointment for me was not hearing Of The Earth. Someday I hope :D
    Cheers Vienna!

• Options
    kein_geredekein_gerede Posts: 106
    edited June 2014
    I was hoping for crazy mary, off he goes and man of the hour.
    But the setlist was awesome! So many songs I haven't seen live before
    Post edited by kein_gerede on
    15.08.09 Berlin, 04.07.12 Berlin, 05.07.12 Berlin, 25.06.14 Vienna
  • Options
    eladfrneladfrn Posts: 32
    Sorry but I have to share this with you and maybe you can tell me if I acted the right way or not.
    This was my wife and I 3rd show on the tour (Milan and Trieste). The set list was amazing but other stuff simply destroyed our experience.
    We were on the 5th row in front of Mike and there were two "nice" guys standing next to us. Before they show started they were very nice, telling everyone that this is their 80~ show.
    When the distortion songs started they started pushing and knocking everyone around them. I had to protect my wife from been pushed to the ground. We asked them to relax but they
    ignored us. After awhile we moved a bit and these guys moved again next to us and continue with their act. That pissed me off and when one of them jumped on me I grabbed him and
    pushed few meters away, almost starting a fight with both of them. Another guy separated us and then they started acting like assholes. they stood in front of us and blocked
    our view and every now and then turn around and gave me the finger :) We are talking about 35+ years old guys. This really ruined our show and I told my wife we have
    to move from there to enjoy the rest of the evening. we moved back but the experience really destroyed the show for my wife.I know this is a rock show and people feel energized.
    You can jump, you can shout but you cannot push other people and treat them like they don't exists.
    7.7.2012 Stockholm
    20.6.2014 Milan
    22.6.2014 Trieste
    25.6.2014 Vienna
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,726
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Sonja_SSonja_S Vienna Posts: 444
    eladfrn said:

You can jump, you can shout but you cannot push other people and treat them like they don't exists.

Couldn't agree more, but unfortunately there are always black sheep.

I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience in Vienna. Unfortunately I am not the least surprised. I used to work for a record label and more than once had to drag half-concious girls out that security didn't even notice or threaten guys with dragging them out by the ear if they didn't behave (strangely that actually worked) or even got some demoted from backstage security to bag check. Most just stand there trying to look menacing but don't actually do anything. I always thought instead of just at the front and at the wavebreaker, there should be guys walking up and down the sides calling out those endangering others and pull them out and send them to the back if they don't listen.

I don't feel safe at the front anymore either. Usually, I just stay way back now, but there is no way I'm doing this at a Pearl Jam show. As a 5'7 woman, my personal solution was to opt for seats this time. Thanks to the Ten Club we ended up in row 2 in the orange block (doesn't get much better) and of course it's a different experience to be up there instead of right in the middle of things, but we had a great view and our own little space. No one stayed seated anyway.

You can tell a man from what he has to say - Neil & Tim Finn
    They love you so badly for sharing their sorrow, so pick up that guitar and go break a heart - Kris Kristofferson
  • Options
    eladfrneladfrn Posts: 32
    Sonja_S said:

I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience in Vienna. Unfortunately I am not the least surprised. I used to work for a record label and more than once had to drag half-concious girls out that security didn't even notice or threaten guys with dragging them out by the ear if they didn't behave (strangely that actually worked) or even got some demoted from backstage security to bag check. Most just stand there trying to look menacing but don't actually do anything. I always thought instead of just at the front and at the wavebreaker, there should be guys walking up and down the sides calling out those endangering others and pull them out and send them to the back if they don't listen.

I don't feel safe at the front anymore either. Usually, I just stay way back now, but there is no way I'm doing this at a Pearl Jam show. As a 5'7 woman, my personal solution was to opt for seats this time. Thanks to the Ten Club we ended up in row 2 in the orange block (doesn't get much better) and of course it's a different experience to be up there instead of right in the middle of things, but we had a great view and our own little space. No one stayed seated anyway.

Thanks for sharing as well. What pisses me more about these guys is that they bragged that this is their 90 show but when eddie introduced a song they shouted at him to stop talking and just sing. This was so disgusting. I hope they will stop at their 100 show and let us enjoy the rest.
    Next time I will just call the security guys and hopefully they will kick them out.
    7.7.2012 Stockholm
    20.6.2014 Milan
    22.6.2014 Trieste
    25.6.2014 Vienna
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Stoke-on-Trent Posts: 2,839
    Easily the best of the four shows I did. Nice little venue and Vienna is a wonderful city.
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    eladfrn said:

Sonja_S said:

Thanks for sharing as well. What pisses me more about these guys is that they bragged that this is their 90 show but when eddie introduced a song they shouted at him to stop talking and just sing. This was so disgusting. I hope they will stop at their 100 show and let us enjoy the rest.
    Next time I will just call the security guys and hopefully they will kick them out.
    I'm glad I didn't stand where you did.. I was about 3 feet to the right of Ed and I've never experienced a better crowd! They were loud, they were jumping and they were well behaved..!

That's part of why this is my favorite show so far..

• Options
    I too got pushed around by those guys for a few minutes.
  • Options
    Sonja_SSonja_S Vienna Posts: 444
    eladfrn said:

Sounds like they are suffering from severe cases of head in own ass syndrome. Too bad there's no pill for this yet.

Hearing this really pisses me off. Your enjoyment should never come at the expense of others and it's just disrespectful to shout at the guys on stage. Let alone the fact that others are actually interested in what is said on stage. Security should notice guys like these and do something though. It's their job to keep people safe, not to stand around and wait until something happens. And I would have hoped fellow Jammers to have better memories of visiting my hometown.

Makes me glad I removed myself from the equation though, I got a bit nostalgic for a minute or two standing up there - until I remembered Why Go in Munich (2007 I think). Looks like I made the right decision.
    You can tell a man from what he has to say - Neil & Tim Finn
    They love you so badly for sharing their sorrow, so pick up that guitar and go break a heart - Kris Kristofferson