This has to stop

1171819202123»

Comments

• Beck..Beck.. Posts: 535
    PJ_Soul said:

Beck.. said:

Will never understand this List thing, although i am a 10c member i normally get GA tickets from TM so i don't have to stand with all the whiners in the 10c area that think there better than everyone else because there numbers lower than mine, as for queuing all night, i show up 1 hour before the band comes on,stand half way to the stage, have a great time then leave, anything more than that is a waist of time..

But all GA tix in North America are 10c tix and have nothing to do with seniority.....
    I was talking more about what the OP was saying,and i witnessed this shit myself at PJ20 when another 10c member said i was in there seat,made a big song and dance about it,called over security, only to find they where in the wrong row,and just the attitude i get from some people sort of made it a bad experience, i wouldn't care if i was at the front or the back id just be glad to be there, and it doesnt seem to be about the music anymore thats all i was saying..
  • dustinparduedustinpardue Las Vegas, NV Posts: 1,829
    This thread is entertaining. My only new contribution is the word "rail." I m tired of hearing it. It should really only be used in reference to trains or cocaine, not Pearl Jam. :))
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    CopperTom said:

JimmyV said:

Did it work? Did the list die somewhere between Stockholm and Oslo? Still waiting to hear a first hand report. If 10c has been handing out that flyer since Amsterdam and the list has continued unabated, I'm not sure the email alone will be enough to kill it.

This is what was handed out in Stockholm. image

That letter that the 10 Club is handing out is perfect and overdue. And if anyone tries to enforce the system that this letter clearly and specifically has ruled not allowed, those that either try to get in front after not being in line or those who try to keep those in line back by claiming they didn't sing up properly should be pointed out to security and have to answer for their actions. Definitely should have to at least go to back of line for this, although repeatedly doing this should get you booted from membership.
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    Thank god for this letter. To those entitled members now shaking their heads and washing the numbers off their hands I offer you this: shut up.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Think even if 10c didn't pass out letter there was enough back lash to stop it.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587

This thread is entertaining. My only new contribution is the word "rail." I m tired of hearing it. It should really only be used in reference to trains or cocaine, not Pearl Jam. :))

:)) :))
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Lukin19Lukin19 We The North Posts: 500
    edited July 2014
    F Me In The Brain"This thread is entertaining. My only new contribution is the word "rail." I m tired of hearing it. It should really only be used in reference to trains or cocaine, not Pearl Jam. :))

:)) :)) :)) !
    What if your doing rails on the train to a Pearl Jam show ?
    Post edited by Lukin19 on
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,084
    Does this mean if I have to go to the loo I lose my place in line?
  • djklambakedjklambake PHX, AZ Posts: 2,510
    Just keepin' it rail, yo!
    6/27/98 - East Troy, WI
    6/29/06 - Milwaukee, WI
    9/25/11 - Vancouver, BC
    11/4/12 - (Eddie Vedder) Phoenix, AZ
    11/1/13 - New Orleans, LA
    11/19/13 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/21/13 - San Diego, CA
    10/12/14 - Austin, TX
    10/22/14 - Denver, CO
    8/22/16 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley 2)
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    If you aren't willing to hold it all day then you don't deserve rail. Bathroom breaks aren't very rock n' roll, you know.

Just kidding. Make friends with those around you. Let them know you are going to the facilities. Most important...come right back. I'm betting you'll be fine.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,130
    JimmyV said:

If you aren't willing to hold it all day then you don't deserve rail. Bathroom breaks aren't very rock n' roll, you know.

Just kidding. Make friends with those around you. Let them know you are going to the facilities. Most important...come right back. I'm betting you'll be fine.

yeah i would not have a problem holding someone's spot in line to take a leak or get a drink or something. but to leave for a couple of hours is a no go.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,084
    JimmyV said:

Well, yeah, that seems logical and normal. But what happens when someone further back says "Hey buddy, the email from the 10C says if you leave the line you go to the back. You're just letting your friends in front of you. GA queue abuse!"
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited July 2014
    bazzer said:

JimmyV said:

Well, yeah, that seems logical and normal. But what happens when someone further back says "Hey buddy, the email from the 10C says if you leave the line you go to the back. You're just letting your friends in front of you. GA queue abuse!"
    I'm pretty sure literally everyone knows bathroom breaks are okay. That's a universal rule, since everyone has to go at least once while waiting in the line.

But they did a cool thing in Missoula. There were a couple of porta-potties set up specifically for the line.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    i'm all for showing up drunk, and super late, and insisting that my cousin is upfront somewhere and i have to get to him right away. i also have a number on my forehead it says i'm number one, so f o suckers.
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    yeah thats enough grounds for you to get sued
  • helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    i have no money and no possessions and nfa
  • rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    Hey Jillian, PHUCK YO LIST! :))
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rK7qd2dWHI
  • rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    Lukin19 said:

F Me In The Brain"This thread is entertaining. My only new contribution is the word "rail." I m tired of hearing it. It should really only be used in reference to trains or cocaine, not Pearl Jam. :))

:)) :)) :)) !
    What if your doing rails on the train to a Pearl Jam show ?

chop me out...
  • Blacksheep76Blacksheep76 Houston, TX Posts: 167
    I'm just happy that I'm at a point in my life that I can show up whenever the hell I want to, and enjoy my favorite band from any seat in the house.
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,860
    the list is just stupid, you either get in line and stay there, or you get out of line and lose your place. I waited from 6 am at the vic, and once everyone knew each other if you left to pee it was fine, no holding a spot either unless it is your ticket buddy.
    What if you dont have a ticket buddy at all, because she took a different turn, you be waiting a long time to pee for your stuff up
    bazzer said:

Does this mean if I have to go to the loo I lose my place in line?

Should not huh ??
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited September 2014
    Again, going to pee is okay. Just tell those ahead and behind you that you're going to the bathroom and come back in 5 minutes. That is universally acceptable. Only other reason to leave would be to go pick up your tickets and will call. Again, just inform those ahead of and behind you when you go to do that (and leave your ticket buddy there if you have one - if you don't that's okay). That's it. It's really simple.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    thats bollocks