Options

A Pearl Jam exclusive SIT poster on sale NOW!!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515

Shipping flat is great but it obviously poses that risk. A print I ordered from posters & toys was pretty much folded in half when I received it, but being the fine folks they are they replaced it immediately. Tubes are definitely the safer way.

Hmm. I figure this problem could be solved if they just sandwiched the posters between two pieces of cardboard or whatever that are bigger than the poster itself. That would keep the poster nice and safe. :)
    Seriously, I've had some posters in a portfolio for months now, and they STILL don't lie totally flat from being in the tubes, even the one that I took out of the tube within a few days of getting it from 10C.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    djklambakedjklambake PHX, AZ Posts: 2,510
    PJ_Soul said:

Shipping flat is great but it obviously poses that risk. A print I ordered from posters & toys was pretty much folded in half when I received it, but being the fine folks they are they replaced it immediately. Tubes are definitely the safer way.

Hmm. I figure this problem could be solved if they just sandwiched the posters between two pieces of cardboard or whatever that are bigger than the poster itself. That would keep the poster nice and safe. :)
    Seriously, I've had some posters in a portfolio for months now, and they STILL don't lie totally flat from being in the tubes, even the one that I took out of the tube within a few days of getting it from 10C.
    They did sandwich the poster bt several layers of cardboard larger than the poster... Corners were so badly dinged on tha package that it damaged the poster still

Never ever had this problem with posters shipped in tubes.

Very disappointed... And SIT is quite possibly my favorite designer...
    6/27/98 - East Troy, WI
    6/29/06 - Milwaukee, WI
    9/25/11 - Vancouver, BC
    11/4/12 - (Eddie Vedder) Phoenix, AZ
    11/1/13 - New Orleans, LA
    11/19/13 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/21/13 - San Diego, CA
    10/12/14 - Austin, TX
    10/22/14 - Denver, CO
    8/22/16 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley 2)
  • Options
    EnterThanmanEnterThanman London, ON Posts: 1,057
    edited July 2014
    PJ_Soul said:

I agree with that; with cardboard around both sides it should literally take the post people bending the entire package to damage the print, but crazy enough I think they actually do that sometimes. It seems that adding those fragile stickers to the outside helps to remind them that it's not towels in there or something.

And yes, I learned the hard way that posters ideally should never be in tubes, I have a couple prints that will forever have a nice roll to each end, even had one in a frame for a long time that popped out with that same curve. #-o
    Post edited by EnterThanman on
    The member formerly known as Scratched Vinyl