Farewell Tour?

joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,203
edited June 2014 in The Porch
I was just day dreaming on what the final tour might be like. I would like to see a tour that consisted of all former drummers. Example would be one day they play LA with Jack Irons. Songs covered would be the one's he drummed on. The next day they play San Diego they bring out Abbruzzse for songs on VS and Vitalogy. They could rotate drummers according to where they would be playing. So you would never know what the hell you could expect on a given day. If Krusen wasn't in town that day for New York,then the crowd would hear nothing from Ten. Again this is just a fantasy of mine as it would be impossible to pull off. Your thoughts please.
Post edited by joseph33 on
Tagged:

Comments

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,527
    It would be neat, but I think there is way too much loyalty to Matt for the band to ever let him sit out an entire show (or even half of one).
  • Haywood YablomeeHaywood Yablomee Posts: 608
    edited June 2014
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    I would love it if Matt sat out a show and they let Jack sit in
  • EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,506
    What you describe would truly be a farewell tour as Matt would rightfully say f you and the band would cease to exist as a result. I still don't understand why folks want former drummers that the band either can't get along with or can't match lifestyle desires with. Bizarre. The past is done. Live in the present tense.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • ryph raphryph raph Posts: 887
    I really don't think this band would make a big " farewell " message and then try to cash in on it with a big tour. :-&
    10-26-91 Cleveland
    4-2-92
    7-29-92
    5-4-95 Hovercraft / Cleveland
    8-26-98
    4-25-03
    5-20-06
    8-21-08 E.V. Chicago
    10-31-09 Philadelphia
    5-09-10 Cleveland
    5-10-10 Buffalo
    6-26-11 E.V. Detroit
    10-11-13 Pittsburgh
    10-12-13 Buffalo
    10-29-13 Charlottesville
    4-18-16 Hampton
    8-22-16 Chicago

• High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    Nahhhh wouldn't happen
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,071
    edited June 2014
    I don't think they would do a farewell tour. They don't seem to be a band that's big on the breakup/makeup shit. If they don't feel like touring or they want time away from each other they just take a break. When they feel like doing shows they play some. I've always thought PJ was unique in that way. So many bands feel the need to break up then make up years down the road. If PJ isn't into they just slow it down until they are. Farewell tours are gimmick and rarely endup being a final tour.
    Post edited by Zod on
  • evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,103
    edited June 2014
    This is obviously a hypothetical thread. C'mon, y'all. Have fun with the OP.

I'd like to see the sign language lady, the kid that was on Ed's shoulders and hitting the cymbals, the parents of the band members, Mrs. Williams, the actor from Into the Wild, Bruce, Uncle Neil, Tom Petty, Pete Townsend, all the old punk rockers they pay homage to, PDalowsky, PJ Soul, other crazy high posters, The Rob and Tim Beirman, ... it'd be like the ending scene on Big Fish :)>-
    Post edited by evsgjamm on
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,506
    edited June 2014

What you describe would truly be a farewell tour as Matt would rightfully say f you and the band would cease to exist as a result. I still don't understand why folks want former drummers that the band either can't get along with or can't match lifestyle desires with. Bizarre. The past is done. Live in the present tense.

I pretty much agree with this statement.
    I can see it being reasonable for maybe Jack Irons coming out just for In My Tree, since they were all on good terms when he had to leave, but that's it... and even that would be weird.

I totally get that this was a hypothetical for the OP. ;) Although i know some actually think it mightbe the right thing to do, too. I just personally don't really get the desire is all... Matt is the drummer. I really don't think of it in other terms, and it would be awkward for one of the old drummers to come along and take his place after 16 years. :)
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525

Yep.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    edited June 2014
    Matt Cameron 16 years all other drummers combined 7.5 years, the other guys broke down physically, both Jack and Dave A had issues with numbness in their hands and wrists, they wouldn't of been able to hold up, Matt Cameron is a machine, period, end of story. Plus I respect Matty because he is way more of a talented drummer than he gets a chance to exhibit except when they let him do the drum solo on Even Flow, but he took a back seat to let the focus be more on Eddie and the guys up front
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYhquRwKxdI
    Post edited by Big Bank Hank on
  • joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,203
    edited June 2014
    I opened a can of worms with this thread,lol. Im not trying to take anything at all from Matt's talent. If i were to label all drummers to bombs. Matt is by far a nuclear weapon. With Dave A. as a MOAB, Jack a cluster bomb and Dave K. as a precision guided missile. It was just a fantasy,nothing more than that.
  • wpg pearlwpg pearl Posts: 1,258
    The last thing I want to think of right now is a farewell tour . Last night they played in front of what 70 000 people.This tour you dream of is premature even to dream.
    ajb
    None the less. I doubt they will be permorming when their in their mid 70's.
  • wpg pearlwpg pearl Posts: 1,258
    Are you a Supertramp fan? ;)
    ajb
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,417

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,417
    edited June 2014
    And the band should arrive for the press conference in hearses like Motley Crüe just did when they announced their final tour. They can even put tombstones with all their names on them in the front of the room where they're making the announcement. Not.

Post edited by on2legs on
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• KV4053KV4053 Mike's side, crushed up against the stage Posts: 1,436
    No offense but this is a depressing thread.
    A thread on the financial forums about my economic destruction would be less depressing.
    A thread on the marriage and family forums about my wife leaving me would be way less depressing
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
    All good things must come to an end friend. Whether you want them to or not. But i will say that i would like to see them 20 or 30 more times before that happens.
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,845
    I thought Mick mars had been dead for years. Ooops.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • jonposeyjonposey Posts: 138
    Seriously, hope they just release a statement. Watching the Stones, and I'll admit if I could I would go, but don't want to see PJ go out like that. An album, a tour, and a statement. And the Ten Club filling up with clips and testimonials of the memories.
    \m/ \m/
    www.jonposey.us
  • evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,103
    edited June 2014
    joseph33 said:

It was just a fantasy,nothing more than that.

I certainly understood this thread and treated it strictly as you intended. Picture Pearl Jam doing a farewell tour and discus what you'd like to see. Fair hypothetical thread that doesn't deserve anything but hypothetical answers.

I'd also like to see them play their farewell tour in cities, towns, parks where they've never played. Northwest Territories, the Yukon, Nunavut, ISRAEL (anywhere in Israel) and to have opening acts that no one has ever heard of. New bands - like... garage bands of teens just starting out. Fuck, that'd be so sweet. And then PJ comes on and rocks out. Man..... what a dream!
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • indifferentmanindifferentman Goshen, IN Posts: 731
    edited June 2014

^THIS^
    There are good reasons why these other guys are no longer with the band anymore. And the nostalgia factor for them is baffling to me too. Why?

Matt Cameron is more talented then any of the past drummers IMO anyway.

I do find it funny too that if you really look at it a drummer is an overlooked "guy in the back of the stage" that can be easily overlooked, but if you look at truly great drummers like Matt or Dave Grohl look at how often they get asked to step in and drum for people in other bands or projects. At one point a friend of mine in my small hometown was drumming for like 5 different bands because talented drummers were hard to find.
    Post edited by indifferentman on
    I won't change direction, and I won't change my mind - E.V.
    06 Chicago I, 06 Chicago II, 06 Grand Rapids, 07 Lollapalloza, 08 DC, 08 MSG I, 08 MSG II, 08 EV Solo Milwaukee, Chicago I & II 09, Portland 09, Nobelsville 10, Cleveland 10, PJ20 I & II, Wrigley 13, Brooklyn I & II '13, St. Paul 14, Moline 14, Milwaukee 14
  • EB218946EB218946 Posts: 3,821
    would love to see dave and jack play one more time with the boys.
  • EnterThanmanEnterThanman London, ON Posts: 1,057
    edited June 2014
    In a hypothetical world I would be happy to see Dave A behind the drums again for a song, even if just to publicly burry the hatchet.
    However, there will never be a farewell PJ tour, I don't dare say it, but we all know the only thing that will stop this band.
    The member formerly known as Scratched Vinyl
  • FrankY59FrankY59 Posts: 1,048

I thought Mick mars had been dead for years. Ooops.

Could just be a propped up scarecrow on the platform...as they all look half dead.