Options

Desperate to know if they are hitting NY again

jmdjmd Posts: 2
edited May 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Missed Irving Plaza. I do not really like NJ. So I need to know if anyone hear anything about them coming back to NY. Otherwise I am going to NJ
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,217
    I would go to NJ and the if they come to NY you get to see more shows. Thats what I am doing.

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,775
    jmd wrote:
    Missed Irving Plaza. I do not really like NJ. So I need to know if anyone hear anything about them coming back to NY. Otherwise I am going to NJ

what's your problem with Jersey? You obviously don't want to see the band that badly if you can't bring yourself to cross the fucking bridge

I'm so sick of people slamming Jersey
  • Options
    homeratbathomeratbat Posts: 219
    not trying to rip anyone from nyc but pj isnt playing philly this year either if you want to get technical...they are playing camden nj which is right across the bridge also! of course id rather them play in the city itself but suck it up and go to the shows! the band will probably hit the actual cities on another tour!
  • Options
    StrykerStryker Upstate, NY Posts: 585
    Pearl Jam is playing Albany, NY. I think its kind of funny how their giving us some Upstate love but no full shows in the city. Mabye they figured SNL, Dave, and IP were more than enough. And I would agree 100% :D:D
  • Options
    idratherbeidratherbe Posts: 366
    Good God. Worried about making a few hour drive when the band isn't even coming CLOSE to any of the fans in the South.

Spoiled spoiled spoiled.

~peace~
    Never allow someone to be your Priority,
    While allowing yourself to be their Option.

‹^›_‹(ô¿ô)›_‹^›

Please visit daily: www.theanimalrescuesite.com
  • Options
    GeorgeinNYGeorgeinNY Posts: 113
    plus should be mentioned- much better sightlines in Meadowlands than MSG.

Bus 351 to Meadowlands, $9 round trip...
  • Options
    George, did you work everything out for your Camden shows?

As far as Jersey goes, the Tweeter in Camden is one of the best venues in the country. You have a beautiful view of the Philadelphia skyline, it's right on the water and it's one of the best tailgaiting parties around. Anyone that comes from out of town to see these shows will definately feel a difference between the crowds.
  • Options
    applenutapplenut Posts: 67
    GeorgeinNY wrote:
    plus should be mentioned- much better sightlines in Meadowlands than MSG.

Bus 351 to Meadowlands, $9 round trip...

Are you kidding me? The meadowlands is one of the worst arenas for musical performances.
  • Options
    I don't think so, it depends on your seating of course. I had great seats for Bruce there.
  • Options
    GeorgeinNYGeorgeinNY Posts: 113
    pureandeasy I sent you PM. I was there for Bruce last year too, first night only though. Had great seats that I picked up day of the show...

edit- Meadowland may have issues as far as sound/echo, but as far as distance to stage from "bad" seats, Id much rather be at Meadowlands...
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    go to NJ. as of right now, there is no indication that they will come back to NY. sure, there have been rumors of october msg shows, but that's it, rumors. i wouldn't hang my hopes on that. go to jersey, have a blast...and if they do come back to NY...enjoy again! that's my plan. :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    oxypoetoxypoet Posts: 55
    jmd wrote:

I almost didn't buy NJ tickets because I wanted to see them in the Garden. I live in South Brooklyn and am car-less. I figured, what the hell? It's not like they're playing every weekend at the corner bar, so I'm not going to let a 45-minute subway ride and a $9 bus trip discourage me. Fans have made far longer, more inconvenient trips to see the band they love. I'd recommend that you see them when you can, not based on a rumor or guess that they might come back to NYC. Between Letterman (lucky me) and Irving Plaza (didn't even try), there was an opportunity to see them here in historic settings. Granted, they were longshots, but once in a while you hit the lottery. In this world, don't take anything for granted and see them when you can, even if it means jumping through hoops, or going to Jersey. I'm sure there are fans who feel likewise about coming to New York. In the end, you're in a building with the band, and the only state you're in is euphoria.
    7/9/03, MSG II
    5/4/06, Letterman Aftershow
    6/1/06, East Rutherford
    6/3/06, East Rutherford
    6/25/08, MSG II
  • Options
    oxypoet wrote:
    I almost didn't buy NJ tickets because I wanted to see them in the Garden. I live in South Brooklyn and am car-less. I figured, what the hell? It's not like they're playing every weekend at the corner bar, so I'm not going to let a 45-minute subway ride and a $9 bus trip discourage me. Fans have made far longer, more inconvenient trips to see the band they love. I'd recommend that you see them when you can, not based on a rumor or guess that they might come back to NYC. Between Letterman (lucky me) and Irving Plaza (didn't even try), there was an opportunity to see them here in historic settings. Granted, they were longshots, but once in a while you hit the lottery. In this world, don't take anything for granted and see them when you can, even if it means jumping through hoops, or going to Jersey. I'm sure there are fans who feel likewise about coming to New York. In the end, you're in a building with the band, and the only state you're in is euphoria.

very nicely put :)