America's Gun Violence

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,877
    edited February 2018
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    Disagreeing with you doesn't mean I "don't know jack shit" RYME.

Shooting sitting ducks is fucked up, shooting birds on the wing isn't very safe. 
    Eating wild game birds sounds like fun, until you do it.  Stringy, gamey, and biting into birdshot is not the minor inconvenience bird hunters want to pretend it is.
    Buying farmed pheasants, starving them without food and water for a few days, and then spinning them around to disorient them and keep them close has become the norm in most of the country where pheasant and grouse aren't abundant enough.
    Generally, hunting dogs aren't acceptable pets and pets aren't good hunting dogs.  That's all fine except that all the bird and rabbit dogs I know of live in kennels and only get attention on the hunt.
    Turkey hunting is ok by me, it takes serious patience and skill.
    I have no clue how shooting ducks is fucked up. To me that is some of the hardest bird hunting as shots can be straight at you or waaay up high. Your explanation of pheasant hunting is  to me hunting “preserves” when you pay to hunt. This is not the case when hunting in a wildlife management area. 
    Shooting sitting ducks is fucked up and shooting them on the wing is dangerous is what I thought I said.
    Not just paid hunts, people buy the birds from the "preserves" and hunt them on their own land.  Very common in the Great Lakes region at least.
    People still hunt with ethical practices, I'm not saying they don't, but it's truly a sport hunt more than a sustenance hunt.  Most people only eat the breast anyways!
    I don't own land so I can't comment on that.  How is shooting them on the wing dangerous and how is shooting ducks fucked up?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:

Shooting sitting ducks is fucked up, shooting birds on the wing isn't very safe. 
    Eating wild game birds sounds like fun, until you do it.  Stringy, gamey, and biting into birdshot is not the minor inconvenience bird hunters want to pretend it is.
    Buying farmed pheasants, starving them without food and water for a few days, and then spinning them around to disorient them and keep them close has become the norm in most of the country where pheasant and grouse aren't abundant enough.
    Generally, hunting dogs aren't acceptable pets and pets aren't good hunting dogs.  That's all fine except that all the bird and rabbit dogs I know of live in kennels and only get attention on the hunt.
    I have no clue how shooting ducks is fucked up. To me that is some of the hardest bird hunting as shots can be straight at you or waaay up high. Your explanation of pheasant hunting is  to me hunting “preserves” when you pay to hunt. This is not the case when hunting in a wildlife management area. 
    Shooting sitting ducks is fucked up and shooting them on the wing is dangerous is what I thought I said.
    Not just paid hunts, people buy the birds from the "preserves" and hunt them on their own land.  Very common in the Great Lakes region at least.
    People still hunt with ethical practices, I'm not saying they don't, but it's truly a sport hunt more than a sustenance hunt.  Most people only eat the breast anyways!
    I don't own land so I can't comment on that.  How is shooting them on the wing dangerous and how is shooting ducks fucked up?
    I'm not sure where you're coming from here...
    We are in a thread which has been derailed by talk of bird hunting accidents (one a first hand account by a poster here) and it's just common knowledge that taking birds on the wing is why bird hunting is risky for people and their dogs.  I'm not saying it's certain death or anything, but swinging your firearm up suddenly to make a quick shot at a low flying bird is obviously a maneuver with a high margin of error.  It was one of the first things I learned about hunting and I'm surprised, frankly, that you would contest something so fundamental.
    Speaking of fundamental hunting knowledge... Sitting ducks?  You can't possibly be ignorant to the millennia old ethical debate around shooting ducks on the water, aside from the safety concerns, yet people still do it all the time where it's legal.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    RYME said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    Modern bird hunting is just ridiculous from top to bottom.
    How so bud? My dad and I hunt together with a Brittany spaniel.  Two birds a day per person. I have a 20 gauge pump and my dad uses a side by side 12 gauge. 

Ridiculous to those who don't know Jack Shit about what they're talking about.   
    We like Labradors. B). Labradors flush, & Brittanys point.  Both are amazing to watch.
    Some here, don't know what we're talking about when they say "Modern bird hunting is ridiculous."
    Maby a wood fire to keep warm is outdated to.
    Pretty darn arrogant to say that those who disagree with you don’t know jack shit. 
    So tell me about your bird hunting experiences. What gun do you use? Bird dog or just go out with fellow humans and drive/flush? Favorite recipe?  Grouse? Pheasant? Quail?
    I’m not claiming to know anything about bird hunting, am I?  But I think anyone paying attention on here knows that rgambs knows a thing or two about living in the country, so probably best not to assume he knows jack shit. 
    Ok so you admit not knowing anything about bird hunting. Got ya. It was just a very odd statement. 

To me, yours is an odd statement. I’m commenting on ryme’s comment to rgambs. Not sure why my own knowledge on bird hunting affects that. 

which was about bird hunting which you admittedly know nothing about.  am I missing something?
    Yes, you are, but deliberately so, I think. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:

We are in a thread which has been derailed by talk of bird hunting accidents (one a first hand account by a poster here) and it's just common knowledge that taking birds on the wing is why bird hunting is risky for people and their dogs.  I'm not saying it's certain death or anything, but swinging your firearm up suddenly to make a quick shot at a low flying bird is obviously a maneuver with a high margin of error.  It was one of the first things I learned about hunting and I'm surprised, frankly, that you would contest something so fundamental.
    Speaking of fundamental hunting knowledge... Sitting ducks?  You can't possibly be ignorant to the millennia old ethical debate around shooting ducks on the water, aside from the safety concerns, yet people still do it all the time where it's legal.
    Shit bud, i’d Never shoot a duck on water, only in the air.  Any hunters I have ever come across did the same.  
    And on the wing has a different meaning to me. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:

Shit bud, i’d Never shoot a duck on water, only in the air.  Any hunters I have ever come across did the same.  
    Ok, it's just a language difference, that makes sense.
    I am in a different region/culture than you, even though it's not so far.  There's probably more shitty unethical hunters around here, all these rednecks.
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:

I am in a different region/culture than you, even though it's not so far.  There's probably more shitty unethical hunters around here, all these rednecks.
    Open invitation to you and thirty: when you guys are in New Jersey we can shoot ar’s, handguns, hunt with Brittany s then drink massive amounts of ipa’s while listening to live pj. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:

Open invitation to you and thirty: when you guys are in New Jersey we can shoot ar’s, handguns, hunt with Brittany s then drink massive amounts of ipa’s while listening to live pj. 
    I'm in.

My father and I used to shoot grouse. The meat could be tough.., this is true.

But I respect someone killing their bird in the wild and eating it more than I can respect the average joe supporting factory farms and buying big bags of chicken breasts from Costco.

"My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,832
    i loved duck hunt for nintendo. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    rgambs said:
    dudeman said:
    I always assumed it was never funny when anyone got shot.
    Agreed.
    It says a good bit about the character of someone who thinks it's funny when someone gets shot in the face.  
    i just did a search for 'cheney hunting'. you should too. many people, mostly left leaning on this forum, thought it was fucking hilarious and continued to use it as a talking point about who they thought should go hunting with him next, among other things. 
    A bird gets dropped from the sky, lands on a hunters head and sends him to the hospital. That’s comparable to shooting someone in the face and laughing? And did fucking Dick “kill all Muslims” Cheney pay a price? Being the “responsible “ gun owner he is/was? Did he even care? Maybe if he had a heart?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    RYME said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    How so bud? My dad and I hunt together with a Brittany spaniel.  Two birds a day per person. I have a 20 gauge pump and my dad uses a side by side 12 gauge. 

We like Labradors. B). Labradors flush, & Brittanys point.  Both are amazing to watch.
    Some here, don't know what we're talking about when they say "Modern bird hunting is ridiculous."
    Pretty darn arrogant to say that those who disagree with you don’t know jack shit. 
    So tell me about your bird hunting experiences. What gun do you use? Bird dog or just go out with fellow humans and drive/flush? Favorite recipe?  Grouse? Pheasant? Quail?
    Were you bragging not too long ago about shooting yourself? Or did I misread something on here? About a “gruesome” wound?

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    RYME said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:

Were you bragging not too long ago about shooting yourself? Or did I misread something on here? About a “gruesome” wound?

That definitely wasn’t me. 
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:

Is it even legal to shoot them on the water?  I’ve never actually hunted geese or ducks.  Awesome that you hunt behind a Brittany spaniel, great dogs!  I actually have a Springer spaniel (my avatar pic) that I take out on pheasant and quail.  It’s a sight watching her work and she is the best family pet I have ever had.  Hunting dogs can definitely make great family dogs, although I cannot attest to all breeds.
  • Options
    RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    rgambs said:
    Arrogant?  Just read your own statement.
    Modern bird hunting is just rediculous from top to bottom.
    To my knowledge, bird hunting hasn't changed in a long long time.
    That's one heck of a generalization.
    To generalize about an activity that you have no interest in is silly.
    I have no interest in golf, I never played golf, I don't watch golf.  I think I know the difference between a putter, a driver, & a wedgie, I mean wedge, lol.  But that's about it.
    Yet I'm gonna come out and declare that Modern day golf is just rediculous from top to bottom.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:

I'm in.

My father and I used to shoot grouse. The meat could be tough.., this is true.

But I respect someone killing their bird in the wild and eating it more than I can respect the average joe supporting factory farms and buying big bags of chicken breasts from Costco.

I dunno, wouldn't you guys rather pick blueberries and burn fatties?  Sounds like more fun to me lol
    I can shoot anywhere, anytime, but the Barrens are prime pickin' territory.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:

Is it even legal to shoot them on the water?  I’ve never actually hunted geese or ducks.  Awesome that you hunt behind a Brittany spaniel, great dogs!  I actually have a Springer spaniel (my avatar pic) that I take out on pheasant and quail.  It’s a sight watching her work and she is the best family pet I have ever had.  Hunting dogs can definitely make great family dogs, although I cannot attest to all breeds.
    Springer's are a breed that does well in the field and the home for sure, good dogs they are.
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    dudeman said:
    I always assumed it was never funny when anyone got shot.
    Agreed.
    It says a good bit about the character of someone who thinks it's funny when someone gets shot in the face.  
    i just did a search for 'cheney hunting'. you should too. many people, mostly left leaning on this forum, thought it was fucking hilarious and continued to use it as a talking point about who they thought should go hunting with him next, among other things. 
    A bird gets dropped from the sky, lands on a hunters head and sends him to the hospital. That’s comparable to shooting someone in the face and laughing? And did fucking Dick “kill all Muslims” Cheney pay a price? Being the “responsible “ gun owner he is/was? Did he even care? Maybe if he had a heart?
    I wasn't comparing the bird dropping incident whatsoever. I was comparing laughing at Cheney shooting another human to a woman being shot in the face. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited February 2018
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:

I know that you hunt pheasants and quail, so some of my response is for people here who may not know about shotgun shells BBs and shot patterns.
    I  think it's legal to shoot a duck on the water.  I never would.  For a few reasons, shotgun shells shoot out a bunch of BBs, called shot.  If you were to shoot a sitting duck, you'd have a real tight shot pattern about the size of a golf ball, or a grapefruit hitting the bird.  That would basically ruin the bird.  Shooting a Sitting Duck is also unfair in my mind.  I like them to have a flying chance.  So when you are shooting at a flying bird you have to aim lead the bird a little bit and follow through just like a golf swing, or a free throw you got to follow through or you will miss.  So the bird flies into your shot pattern, the shot pattern is spread out more cuz the birds flying 30, 40 yards away.  Anything much over 40 yards is a pretty long shot that I wouldn't take anyway.  It only takes one or two BBs to knock it down. 
     So if they're too close your blow the bird up and it's a waste, if they're too far you risk crippling it, there's a lot of skill involved and judgment.
    Hacky Sacks and bean bags takes skill so does hunting.
    I'm responding to a few other people as well.
    There's nothing easy about duck hunting, there's nothing easy about deer hunting, there's nothing easy about grouse hunting. 
    If you know how to cook these things, it's the best organic meet you can get.
    I also like rabbit stew.  Rabbits aren't easy to get either.
    It takes a fair amount of hard work, effort and skill to succeed at being a good hunter.
    Post edited by RYME on
  • Options
    RYME said:
    rgambs said:
    I have no interest in golf, I never played golf, I don't watch golf.  I think I know the difference between a putter, a driver, & a wedgie, I mean wedge, lol.  But that's about it.
    Yet I'm gonna come out and declare that Modern day golf is just rediculous from top to bottom.
    I made my case, I stand by it.  
    Read the rest of the thread if you want to see how it was an error to assume that I know nothing just because I have a different opinion.
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:

Springer's are a breed that does well in the field and the home for sure, good dogs they are.
    I’m such a fan of Springers after bringing this one into our family.  Thinking about it, though, most breeds were originally bred for hunting of some sort.  Labrador Retrievers (for another example) are some of the best family dogs out there and are primarily bred as hunting dogs.  
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    RYME said:
    rgambs said:
    I made my case, I stand by it.  
    Read the rest of the thread if you want to see how it was an error to assume that I know nothing just because I have a different opinion.

You never actually 'made' your case. You stated it. Your sweeping generalizations were off base.

There's no question that some bird hunters (Carson Wentz) are assholes, but to basically say all are is uncool. 
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    RYME said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:

I know that you hunt pheasants and quail, so some of my response is for people here who may not know about shotgun shells BBs and shot patterns.
    I  think it's legal to shoot a duck on the water.  I never would.  For a few reasons, shotgun shells shoot out a bunch of BBs, called shot.  If you were to shoot a sitting duck, you'd have a real tight shot pattern about the size of a golf ball, or a grapefruit hitting the bird.  That would basically ruin the bird.  Shooting a Sitting Duck is also unfair in my mind.  I like them to have a flying chance.  So when you are shooting at a flying bird you have to aim lead the bird a little bit and follow through just like a golf swing, or a free throw you got to follow through or you will miss.  So the bird flies into your shot pattern, the shot pattern is spread out more cuz the birds flying 30, 40 yards away.  Anything much over 40 yards is a pretty long shot that I wouldn't take anyway.  It only takes one or two BBs to knock it down. 
     So if they're too close your blow the bird up and it's a waste, if they're too far you risk crippling it, there's a lot of skill involved and judgment.
    There's nothing easy about duck hunting, there's nothing easy about deer hunting, there's nothing easy about grouse hunting. 
    It takes a fair amount of hard work, effort and skill to succeed at being a good hunter.
    I agree, although I have never actually tried rabbit stew.  I’ve heard it’s good, though, so share a good recipe if you have one!  Quail tastes better than chicken in my opinion and pheasant hunting can be some of the hardest work you’ve ever done.  There is something to be said about appreciation for a meal that you have actually busted your ass to put on the table.  Same can be said with gardening or fishing.  We made some venison stuffed jalapeños last night for super bowl and they were delish!  Any real hunting requires work above and beyond going to the store and buying a chicken breast.  You must learn how to butcher/prepare the meat on top of just shooting it out of the sky.  It is very rewarding and way healthier than probably any store bought meat. 
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    edited February 2018
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,241
    dignin said:
    Nobody has done anything for 20 years now. 4 Presidents with an alternating politically controlled senate and house have done ultimately zero, but the shooters have evolved and adapted to kill more people, even though Columbine could happen again the same as it ever did. That is pathetic. Yet we went to war and spent trillions to be safe from "terror".
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    dignin said:
    Nobody has done anything for 20 years now. 4 Presidents with an alternating politically controlled senate and house have done ultimately zero, but the shooters have evolved and adapted to kill more people, even though Columbine could happen again the same as it ever did. That is pathetic. Yet we went to war and spent trillions to be safe from "terror".
    "turrerrr"
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    dignin said:
    fuck. I simply cannot imagine sending my kids to school in the States. Sure, the likelihood of one of them being yours is minimal, but that shouldn't stop anyone from trying to figure out a way to stop this senseless killing. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJPOWER said:
    RYME said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:

I agree, although I have never actually tried rabbit stew.  I’ve heard it’s good, though, so share a good recipe if you have one!  Quail tastes better than chicken in my opinion and pheasant hunting can be some of the hardest work you’ve ever done.  There is something to be said about appreciation for a meal that you have actually busted your ass to put on the table.  Same can be said with gardening or fishing.  We made some venison stuffed jalapeños last night for super bowl and they were delish!  Any real hunting requires work above and beyond going to the store and buying a chicken breast.  You must learn how to butcher/prepare the meat on top of just shooting it out of the sky.  It is very rewarding and way healthier than probably any store bought meat. 
    Maby there should be a hunting thread.
    I'm turning America's gun violence thread into the food channel.  Sorry but I'm answering PJ powers request. I have a wild game cook book that I often use.  I found a recipe on the web that's similar to what I do.  Rabbit stew in a crock pot slow cooked.  I promise this will be the last recipe that I post here.
    http://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/crock-pot-rabbit-stew-192100?ftab=reviews
    Your Venison stuffed jalapenos sounds good.
    We made stuffed bell peppers 3 red 3 yellow and 3 green with
    Spanish rice/venison filler  yesterday for the game.

• Options
    RYME said:
    PJPOWER said:
    RYME said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:

Maby there should be a hunting thread.
    I'm turning America's gun violence thread into the food channel.  Sorry but I'm answering PJ powers request. I have a wild game cook book that I often use.  I found a recipe on the web that's similar to what I do.  Rabbit stew in a crock pot slow cooked.  I promise this will be the last recipe that I post here.
    http://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/crock-pot-rabbit-stew-192100?ftab=reviews
    Your Venison stuffed jalapenos sounds good.
    We made stuffed bell peppers 3 red 3 yellow and 3 green with
    Spanish rice/venison filler  yesterday for the game.

Thanks!  I’ll have to give that a try!
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    Rob Gronkowski should never be allowed to own purchase or handle a gun again
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,542
    CM189191 said:
    Rob Gronkowski should never be allowed to own purchase or handle a gun again
    Why not?
This discussion has been closed.