America's Gun Violence

Comments

• mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,988
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I agree it's totally stupid to say that guns bought for protection should be locked up. If they're locked up with the ammo kept separate then they aren't really for home defense anymore, so what's the point? Gun advocates know that. They just spew that shit as a defense mechanism.
    I believe this came up again recently in response to a kid getting a hold of a gun and accidentally shooting it. I 100% believe guns should be locked up with kids in the house. Most gun owners I personally know who have guns for protections have a small hand gun safe under the bed or near by, which would prevent access from a kid but allow access for self defense.
    Personally I dont both, I lock all mine up in the safe. But I'm not worried about people breaking in my house in the middle of the night either. I have no problem admitting my gun collection is for sport
    Yes, and I think that those whose interest in guns is related to sport/collecting are usually the most responsible gun owners. The thing is, those folks are usually the ones advocating for guns, based on their specialized perspective. I feel like they may often have a somewhat skewed view simply because they are the ones mired in the whole issue of gun safety, while those who are dangerous with guns or doing it irresponsibly are the problem in terms of death and crime stats (though not so much in terms of American gun culture, which is the biggest problem of all).
    If you are concerned with the "culture", the best place to start pointing fingers might be Hollywood and toy manufacturers...
    There are a lot of places to point. I think I'd personally rather start with the NRA.
    The NRA is always painted by the left as this big bad monster. I don't get it. Especially when it comes to blaming gun culture. 
    Maybe I just don't pay close enough attention, but I never give the NRA a second thought until someone anti-gun brings it up.
    I've never seen them advocate for gun violence or unsafe practices. Yes, they do advocate for gun rights that most anti-gunners would deem unnecessary (like high capacity mags). But I don't think that makes them this evil empire. 
    At least in my experience the only pro-gun people who care about the NRA are those who fear losing their gun rights. Not people who want to expose everyone to gun culture. NRA and pro gun people don't care if you don't want a gun, they don't try to sell the gun image on people.
    So to me it seems like they have zero impact on gun culture, and get a lot more attention by the anti-gun that pro-gun people.
    Am I wrong? I just view them as fighting for gun rights, and you can agree or disagree with what they want. But they have little impact on gun culture and image, and therefore no impact on gun violence.
    I would agree that the NRA helps with the gun rights phobia and helps spread the fear of losing your gun rights. But I don't see a connection between that and gun culture and/or violence.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822
    mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I agree it's totally stupid to say that guns bought for protection should be locked up. If they're locked up with the ammo kept separate then they aren't really for home defense anymore, so what's the point? Gun advocates know that. They just spew that shit as a defense mechanism.
    I believe this came up again recently in response to a kid getting a hold of a gun and accidentally shooting it. I 100% believe guns should be locked up with kids in the house. Most gun owners I personally know who have guns for protections have a small hand gun safe under the bed or near by, which would prevent access from a kid but allow access for self defense.
    Personally I dont both, I lock all mine up in the safe. But I'm not worried about people breaking in my house in the middle of the night either. I have no problem admitting my gun collection is for sport
    Yes, and I think that those whose interest in guns is related to sport/collecting are usually the most responsible gun owners. The thing is, those folks are usually the ones advocating for guns, based on their specialized perspective. I feel like they may often have a somewhat skewed view simply because they are the ones mired in the whole issue of gun safety, while those who are dangerous with guns or doing it irresponsibly are the problem in terms of death and crime stats (though not so much in terms of American gun culture, which is the biggest problem of all).
    If you are concerned with the "culture", the best place to start pointing fingers might be Hollywood and toy manufacturers...
    There are a lot of places to point. I think I'd personally rather start with the NRA.
    The NRA is always painted by the left as this big bad monster. I don't get it. Especially when it comes to blaming gun culture. 
    Maybe I just don't pay close enough attention, but I never give the NRA a second thought until someone anti-gun brings it up.
    I've never seen them advocate for gun violence or unsafe practices. Yes, they do advocate for gun rights that most anti-gunners would deem unnecessary (like high capacity mags). But I don't think that makes them this evil empire. 
    At least in my experience the only pro-gun people who care about the NRA are those who fear losing their gun rights. Not people who want to expose everyone to gun culture. NRA and pro gun people don't care if you don't want a gun, they don't try to sell the gun image on people.
    So to me it seems like they have zero impact on gun culture, and get a lot more attention by the anti-gun that pro-gun people.
    Am I wrong? I just view them as fighting for gun rights, and you can agree or disagree with what they want. But they have little impact on gun culture and image, and therefore no impact on gun violence.
    I would agree that the NRA helps with the gun rights phobia and helps spread the fear of losing your gun rights. But I don't see a connection between that and gun culture and/or violence.
    https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/post-nation/wp/2017/06/29/the-nra-recruitment-video-that-is-even-upsetting-gun-owners/

How about this video? Remember that?
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,818
    RiotZact said:
    PJPOWER said:
    RiotZact said:
    In their defense I do live in Pennsyltucky, or northern West Virginia as I like to call it. So their experience is likely one extreme and mine is the other, so the average and the reality is somewhere in the middle. 
    Very likely.  Seriously, though, I would hound the shit out of your stepdad to secure that firearm.  Just freaking irresponsible of him.
    I have, he is very defensive and I like having a free place to live until I finish college, so I try not to piss him off too bad. 
    Oh man that sucks and I am truely sorry. Serious question; does he hunt? 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    If you are concerned with the "culture", the best place to start pointing fingers might be Hollywood and toy manufacturers...Many movies show plenty examples of normalized irresponsible gun usage.  Hell, even Joe Biden said you should just go outside and fire a gun in the air...which is highly illegal and unsafe.  I'll stick with law enforcement professionals for my advise on firearm usage and storage and whether or not the general public should be armed.
    And since you added, I'll add a point too... Canada and many other countries are are just as exposed to Hollywood and toy companies as America is, and they don't have this gun culture. So I really don't think this has as much of an impact on the formation of the problem as you think it does. I'm not saying it doesn't play a role, but I'd say that the way Americans in particular respond to or absorb this information because of the gun culture is the issue, not the content on its own.
    And how do you suggest that a culture be changed?  

RiotZact said:
    PJPOWER said:
    RiotZact said:
    In their defense I do live in Pennsyltucky, or northern West Virginia as I like to call it. So their experience is likely one extreme and mine is the other, so the average and the reality is somewhere in the middle. 
    Very likely.  Seriously, though, I would hound the shit out of your stepdad to secure that firearm.  Just freaking irresponsible of him.
    I have, he is very defensive and I like having a free place to live until I finish college, so I try not to piss him off too bad. 
    Oh I see, in other words you are dependent on him so you enable/accept his behavior.  You must not feel very unsafe, because if you were concerned for your or someone else's life, I'm hoping that safety would outweigh convenience.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822
    PJPOWER said:

RiotZact said:
    PJPOWER said:
    RiotZact said:
    Oh I see, in other words you are dependent on him so you enable/accept his behavior.  You must not feel very unsafe, because if you were concerned for your or someone else's life, I'm hoping that safety would outweigh convenience.
    That's kind of a shitty response. It seems that Riotzact made clear his/her efforts around changing the situation.  How would you suggest forcing someone to change their behaviour around gun use and storage?

People live in unsafe situations all the time if they don't have much choice. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,607
    edited September 2017
    There is no "average gun owner". If you're measuring average, then you pick a variable. Say how much do you lock up your gun. Some all the time. Some part time. Some never do. If you plot that in a graph, the average would fall in the some of the time range. 
    edited September 2017
    PJPOWER said:

RiotZact said:
    PJPOWER said:
    RiotZact said:
    That's kind of a shitty response. It seems that Riotzact made clear his/her efforts around changing the situation.  How would you suggest forcing someone to change their behaviour around gun use and storage?

I don't suggest him force the guy, but I would refuse to live in unsafe conditions if I could... Maybe he cannot, but "I like living there for free" sounds like convenience over necessity.  Maybe threatening to move out would bring more awareness, who knows...It's his decision to make as only he knows the real situation.  But if I thought my life was in danger, that would take president over free rent...and college too for that matter.  
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,988
    mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/post-nation/wp/2017/06/29/the-nra-recruitment-video-that-is-even-upsetting-gun-owners/

How about this video? Remember that?
    No. Apparently I don't pay close enough attention to what the NRA does.                  

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,507
    edited September 2017
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    If you are concerned with the "culture", the best place to start pointing fingers might be Hollywood and toy manufacturers...Many movies show plenty examples of normalized irresponsible gun usage.  Hell, even Joe Biden said you should just go outside and fire a gun in the air...which is highly illegal and unsafe.  I'll stick with law enforcement professionals for my advise on firearm usage and storage and whether or not the general public should be armed.
    And since you added, I'll add a point too... Canada and many other countries are are just as exposed to Hollywood and toy companies as America is, and they don't have this gun culture. So I really don't think this has as much of an impact on the formation of the problem as you think it does. I'm not saying it doesn't play a role, but I'd say that the way Americans in particular respond to or absorb this information because of the gun culture is the issue, not the content on its own.
    And how do you suggest that a culture be changed?  
    I've already said it is no easy feat to say the least. I actually don't think it will change, but if it does, it will take at least a couple hundred years, and will simply be through the very slow process of phasing out the current brand of underlying fear and aggression that I think Americans kind of feast on as a culture and represent through this love of guns. And it will take the enlightenment of government and the death of the GOP and the NRA. It will also take a serious softening of the extreme brand of militaristic nationalism that is still held dear by so many Americans and that is a constant thread through American culture. So yeah... it probably isn't ever going to happen, even in 1000 years. But that is what it will take.
    ......... And if you're looking for the short answer, a culture changes only through huge upheaval. Revolution or war or complete devastation.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I was just about to say something similar.

We watch the same movies. Play the same video games. Listen to the same music. Blah blah blah.

Ted, Just admit it... there's a gun problem in the US. Obsession, irresponsibility, inadequate regulation, corporate marketing, and a rash of other variables has the US in a real situation that many refuse to admit to (just like those junkies on 'Intervention' that deny problems exist). 
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    all the answers are here in the pearl jam forums
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,203
    PJPOWER said:

RiotZact said:
    PJPOWER said:
    RiotZact said:
    I'm really not sure if I should respond to this with anything but a middle finger, but I will. Here I was thinking we were having a civil conversation on a topic that doesn't usually stay very civil, but then you randomly insult my integrity and put words in my mouth. 

First of of all I never said I felt unsafe, the point of my post was to inform that not everyone secures their guns in the manner that you suggest. I do not feel particularly unsafe, my sisters are old enough now that they would never mess with it, and he never keeps one in the chamber and always has the safety on. But he doesn't do all of the things you suggested, so I felt the story was relevant. Also, it was unsafe years ago when my sisters were young, but I was in high school and didn't really have a say in the matter, not to mention that I wasn't very well informed on the issue at the time. 

In addition to that, I happen to love my Mother, my stepdad and my sisters, and if I were to give the household a big "fuck you!" And leave just becuase of some bone-headed decisions that my stepdad makes, that's going to, at least temporarily, ruin my relationship with my family, and I wouldn't think that would be fair to anyone. It's an insanely small chance that something bad would happen, which sounds like I'm going against my original point, but I'm not becuase "insanely small chance" happens pretty often when you're talking about a country with 350 million people in it. 
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,507
    Responding with a middle finger would have been entirely appropriate and justified, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    all the answers are here in the pearl jam forums
    You just realized this?
    PJPOWER said:

RiotZact said:
    PJPOWER said:
    RiotZact said:

IF i feel like I am living in an unsafe area/living condition I would bust my ass by working three jobs and then move. 
    RiotZact said:
    PJPOWER said:

RiotZact said:
    PJPOWER said:
    RiotZact said:
    I'm really not sure if I should respond to this with anything but a middle finger, but I will. Here I was thinking we were having a civil conversation on a topic that doesn't usually stay very civil, but then you randomly insult my integrity and put words in my mouth. 

First of of all I never said I felt unsafe, the point of my post was to inform that not everyone secures their guns in the manner that you suggest. I do not feel particularly unsafe, my sisters are old enough now that they would never mess with it, and he never keeps one in the chamber and always has the safety on. But he doesn't do all of the things you suggested, so I felt the story was relevant. Also, it was unsafe years ago when my sisters were young, but I was in high school and didn't really have a say in the matter, not to mention that I wasn't very well informed on the issue at the time. 

In addition to that, I happen to love my Mother, my stepdad and my sisters, and if I were to give the household a big "fuck you!" And leave just becuase of some bone-headed decisions that my stepdad makes, that's going to, at least temporarily, ruin my relationship with my family, and I wouldn't think that would be fair to anyone. It's an insanely small chance that something bad would happen, which sounds like I'm going against my original point, but I'm not becuase "insanely small chance" happens pretty often when you're talking about a country with 350 million people in it. 
    Have you talked about this with your mom?  Any way you could live in campus?  
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,203
    mcgruff10 said:
    RiotZact said:
    PJPOWER said:

RiotZact said:
    PJPOWER said:
    RiotZact said:

I've talked about it with all of them. Listen it's not that big of a deal. I reiterate, I don't feel unsafe. The point of my post was that not everyone has had the same experiences as you and pjpower. That's it, I never even said definitively that I thought my stepdad was doing anything wrong, becuase it has nothing to do with the point of the conversation that's being had.
  • 09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    RiotZact said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    RiotZact said:
    PJPOWER said:

RiotZact said:
    PJPOWER said:
    RiotZact said:

I've talked about it with all of them. Listen it's not that big of a deal. I reiterate, I don't feel unsafe. The point of my post was that not everyone has had the same experiences as you and pjpower. That's it, I never even said definitively that I thought my stepdad was doing anything wrong, becuase it has nothing to do with the point of the conversation that's being had.
    Sorry for overreacting, it just seems as though many around here feel that any firearm in a home automatically makes it unsafe, but clearly you do not feel that way.  It's hard to differentiate between people like you and the "errrm, guns are bad mmmmmkayyy" crowd.  
    I can tell the author is full of shit by getting no further than the second sentence:
    They will load their automatic weapons with armor-piercing bullets, strap on silencers, head off to the picnic grounds on nearby public lakes — and start shooting.

Get a legit article please.  A very very very very small amount of people own automatic weapons.
    PJPOWER said:
    RiotZact said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    RiotZact said:
    PJPOWER said:

RiotZact said:
    PJPOWER said:
    RiotZact said:

Sorry for overreacting, it just seems as though many around here feel that any firearm in a home automatically makes it unsafe, but clearly you do not feel that way.  It's hard to differentiate between people like you and the "errrm, guns are bad mmmmmkayyy" crowd.  
    Read the bs article above you.  I look forward toward toward your comments.
  • mcgruff10 said:
    I can tell the author is full of shit by getting no further than the second sentence:
    They will load their automatic weapons with armor-piercing bullets, strap on silencers, head off to the picnic grounds on nearby public lakes — and start shooting.

Get a legit article please.  A very very very very small amount of people own automatic weapons.
    Sure, it's tongue and cheek but that doesn't negate the NRA's support of a bill that allows for silencers and armor piercing bullets. I'd love to see the reaction if BLM marched with those accrutuments to their persons, legally of course.

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
    mcgruff10 said:

You have to read the whole article to get the author's point. 
    edited September 2017
    mcgruff10 said:

It s full of false information and pure bull shit. People like yourselves who have zero to little knowledge in firearms will believe it, post it as fact, or support it. 
    Halifax I m guessing without google you have no clue how loud a gun would be before or after a silencer is applied. 
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,790
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

It s full of false information and pure bull shit. People like yourselves who have zero to little knowledge in firearms will believe it, post it as fact, or support it. 
    Halifax I m guessing without google you have no clue how loud a gun would be before or after a silencer is applied. 
    You can get suppressors super easy in England. Or gun laws should be more like theirs....
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
    CM189191 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

You can get suppressors super easy in England. Or gun laws should be more like theirs....
    So move to England, you d like their very restrictive gun laws. I think all of the firearms I own would be illegal there. 

• mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Again, you failed to see the truth through the tongue and cheek humor of the "opinion" piece and how the NRA is fucking ridiculous. Please enlighten me on why you need silencers and armor piercing bullets, please. And for the record, I don't google to troll like some on here but to offer a differing opinion based on articles I've read a few days or decades ago. Somebody's been "triggered."

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Further, maybe that nut job who showed up at the congressional baseball game could have taken the law enforcement officers out as well as been more efficient in killing had he had both things "legally" in his possession when he arrived and started shooting. And, I've been a little too fucking close to victims of gun violence, including some who didn't fucking make it so I could give a fucking rats ass how loud guns are and whether you lose your fucking hearing.

Brilliantati©
  • 09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
This discussion has been closed.