Bipolar PJ fans???

124»

Comments

• So if someone is on medical leave/disability from their job, can they essentially be let go by that employer because the return to work status is "unknown"?
    Asking for a friend...who is me.
  • whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527

So if someone is on medical leave/disability from their job, can they essentially be let go by that employer because the return to work status is "unknown"?

Depends on where you live. In California, they could'nt. But here in Colorado, they can.
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

So if someone is on medical leave/disability from their job, can they essentially be let go by that employer because the return to work status is "unknown"?

Depends on where you live. In California, they could'nt. But here in Colorado, they can.
    I thought the same about in my state of Californication.

And, FMLA is federal, no?

ledvedd, I really hope you don't get fucked by something outside of your control. If so, you have avenues to rectify. Either way, hang strong.
  • whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    hedonist said:

I thought the same about in my state of Californication.

And, FMLA is federal, no?

ledvedd, I really hope you don't get fucked by something outside of your control. If so, you have avenues to rectify. Either way, hang strong.
    Yes, FMLA is Federal. But in a right to work state, if at the end of the FMLA's pre-stated time, the company determines that it is better to keep the person that has fulfilled your position, than you, they can do that. And they don't even have to give you a reason.
  • PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    In Oregon they only have to hold your position for 6 months...I went through this.
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!