New to Colorado!

I just moved to Colorado and wondering what the PJ scene is like in the Denver/Colorado Springs area? Looks like I picked the right year to move with the recent tour announcement.

Comments

• eddieceddiec Posts: 3,834
    It was big when I lived Breckenridge but that was 20 years ago. I did talk to my friend in Denver and he's pumped for the show and judging by that 'Odds' thing there will be high demand for this show.
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,631
    Hey Eddie

I lived in Breckinridge 20 years ago
    Worked at the golf course and cooked in some dive

Small world
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• mookieb10mookieb10 Posts: 930
    I have many times wanted to ski breck...
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,537
    What is a "PJ scene"?
    ed243421 said:

Hey Eddie

I lived in Breckinridge 20 years ago
    Worked at the golf course and cooked in some dive

Small world

Great little town. I worked on the mountain.
  • bethwalker1987bethwalker1987 Washington Posts: 122
    What is a PJ scene.......lol sorry had to chuckle a tad,
    TL275870 said:

I just moved to Colorado and wondering what the PJ scene is like in the Denver/Colorado Springs area? Looks like I picked the right year to move with the recent tour announcement.

Just did a little search. There's a cover band in Denver performing Ten on June 20th so I guess this is a bit of a 'scene'. https://www.facebook.com/events/708687085857326/

It's funny, on the Gin Doctors FB page the most recent post is 'Holy shit, they're coming!!!' https://www.facebook.com/gindoctors

• i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007

What is a "PJ scene"?

Is it in Seattle ;) lol

Im moving to Seattle, Im tired of living in Bumfucked Egypt (Prescott valley AZ) I need the ocean.......was raised in so cal, whatdaya expect.
  • tscholletscholle Denver, CO Posts: 36
    Welcome. I live in Lakewood and find Colorado to be a nice place. PM me some time and we can grab a beer or watch for me..

• whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    Hi welcome!! I live down in The Springs.. ( Colorado Springs) and I believe I am
    The only 10c person here. But if you're ever down here let me know, we'll grab a beer, or shoot some pool,hike GOG.. :-)

Im moving to Seattle, Im tired of living in Bumfucked Egypt (Prescott valley AZ) I need the ocean.......was raised in so cal, whatdaya expect.

I was born and raised in So Cal too! I hated it! Only things I miss from there, are the ocean,and my family. I grew up in the I.E. Riv.Co. ( mostly Idyllwild, Hemet, Riverside, and Moreno Valley.. Oh can't forget Hesperia, Phelan,and Victorville, and stupid Apple Valley) you?
    I grew up in El Segundo and Redondo Beach......I love the beach and miss it terribly, but in Washington, I can at least run the dog without the worry of a bobcat eating him ;-)
  • jmuscatellojmuscatello Colorado Posts: 332
    edited May 2014
    Hey TL275870, welcome to CO, and I hope you love it here! I live up in the foothills.
    PJ scene just got so much better with last week's tour announcement. It's great that there are so many distant 10c members ready to come to town for this show.
    Post edited by jmuscatello on

I grew up in El Segundo and Redondo Beach......I love the beach and miss it terribly, but in Washington, I can at least run the dog without the worry of a bobcat eating him ;-)

Hahaha!! Right?? We used to party down there as teenagers! And I used to do the Redondo Regional Western Horsemanship show every year! Lol so I know that spit! Hahaha!

Anyhow OP.. Where did you end up in our beautiful state?
  • guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    tscholle said:

Welcome. I live in Lakewood and find Colorado to be a nice place. PM me some time and we can grab a beer or watch for me..

My sister in-law lives off 285 & Wadsworth Ave & we share a condo up the mountain in Frisco. Wish I lived up there instead of Florida, but I'm not complaining :>
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • jmuscatellojmuscatello Colorado Posts: 332

My sister in-law lives off 285 & Wadsworth Ave & we share a condo up the mountain in Frisco. Wish I lived up there instead of Florida, but I'm not complaining :>

Florida/Frisco a nice combination - beach and mountains both covered.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,133
    PJ scene. That's funny! My bedroom and college dorm rooms were PJ 'scenes' from 1992-2001.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • AndoAndo Denver Posts: 410
    Welcome to Denver i feel like there are alot more fans here then we realize. Last year before Wrigley we tried to organize a hang out and it bombed haha. 15 people said they would show and we eneded with 6. We could give it another go sometime maybe?
  • CH82258CH82258 Monument, CO Posts: 21
    I would love to catch a beer with everyone sometime. Anyone ever go to Pikes Peak Brewery in Monument? My local hangout and would be a good "middle ground" for Denver & Springs dwellers.
  • Welcome to Colorado! If anyone is interested in some pj bootlegs PM me I'm always looking to meet some pj fans & trade pj stories with!
    -kilo
    7-7-98- New Mexico
    4-19-03 Atlanta
    7-5 & 6-06 Denver
    7-19-13 Wrigley!!
    Kilo from Denver :)
    Ando said:

Welcome to Denver i feel like there are alot more fans here then we realize. Last year before Wrigley we tried to organize a hang out and it bombed haha. 15 people said they would show and we eneded with 6. We could give it another go sometime maybe?

Yeah.. That was crazy.. Lol
    CH82258 said:

I would love to catch a beer with everyone sometime. Anyone ever go to Pikes Peak Brewery in Monument? My local hangout and would be a good "middle ground" for Denver & Springs dwellers.

This place is actually pretty good. Ate there last year.
  • .lovethepj..lovethepj. Posts: 117
    Welcome! Moved to the springs 8 years ago from California!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...

Welcome! Moved to the springs 8 years ago from California!

Wait... There's another PJ fan down here? YAY!! I'm not the only one!!
  • .lovethepj..lovethepj. Posts: 117
    Whispering...that's too funny! I thought I was the only one!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
    Haha! Nope I'm South side, just before you start getting into Fountain.
  • jd44jamminjd44jammin Posts: 66
    I just moved to Colorado in February from Florida.

I just moved to Colorado in February from Florida.

Welcome!! Hope you're enjoying it out here! From Florida eh? Be prepared for some crazy cold. We're supposed to get a severe winter this year supposedly!

Haha! Nope I'm South side, just before you start getting into Fountain.

Although I'm currently residing west side COS now!