Options

Petition for 2015 Canadian Tour, because Pearl Jam fucking loves Canada

Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
edited March 2015 in The Porch
I am doing this because my Canadian PJ friends feel shafted, Canada has always been very loyal to Pearl Jam even through the leanest times. In my opinion the 2005 Canadian Tour was the best ever, and I have never heard one person say one bad thing about any of the shows on that Tour. What better way to commemorate that awesome Tour than another Canadian Tour in 2015 to mark the 10th anniversary? I would not be able to go to any of the shows, so this is just for our friends north of the Border. Here are the reactions over on Facebook
https://facebook.com/groups/pearljamgtajammers/293756950784058/?notif_t=group_comment_reply
Post edited by Big Bank Hank on

Comments

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,420
    Welcome back.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    pearljamdude420pearljamdude420 Posts: 1,380
    I think there will be Canadian shows next year. don't know if they hit all those places like 05 though, some of those places were weird I went to London, and to Kitchener. it nice that it was a small venue in Kitchener. along with the usual Ottawa, montreal, Toronto for east coast. but I go to usa shows too, and a lot of major city did not get shows for long time now, there has been no vegas show since 2006 which is shocking considering they did the 10 year anniversary show there. id rather they not go to those small places in Canada like London and Kitchener, but just play more shows in Toronto or montreal In bigger cities. besides the pj shows, those little cities like Kitchener is really boring to visit, when they play cool cities though you can do other things when the show is not on, montreal only ever gets 1 show , it be cool if they play 2 or 3 nights in row, and they played Toronto I think 2x in that tour, Kitchener,london, and Hamilton? that 5 showsi n greater Toronto area, it just be better imo to have all 5 shows at the acc or another Toronto venue there, don't know whats good in Toronto besides where maple leafs and nba plays, because that Molson amp venue is really crappy, I saw pj there before too it was good show but that venue sucks balls , I been to over 100 amps outdoors and that one might be the worse one lol that on the lake ontario
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    Well anything Pearl Jam Related and to Help Good Pearl Jam Fans I'll Sign it :)
  • Options
    barbiesbarbies Posts: 14
    I had heard from at least two different sources that they'd be coming to Winnipeg.... so I'm still hoping that more will be added in Nov. Only thing that keeps nagging at me is the fact that they'll have been touring for a long time by then (as PJ and otherwise) so may want a break, but I want to believe it will happen!!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    barbies said:

I had heard from at least two different sources that they'd be coming to Winnipeg.... so I'm still hoping that more will be added in Nov. Only thing that keeps nagging at me is the fact that they'll have been touring for a long time by then (as PJ and otherwise) so may want a break, but I want to believe it will happen!!

Well yeah they might Take a Couple of Weeks Break then head up to Canada in November you never know :)

• Options
    yeah because November is the best time to visit Canada
  • Options
    when they do their 2015 Canadian Tour, maybe they can finally hit New Brunswick
  • Options

Nice :)

• Options
    i_lov_it said:

lol people hoping for November Canadian shows are not being realistic especially after Calgary was almost snowed out this year, and the band will be needing a break as well
  • Options

i_lov_it said:

lol people hoping for November Canadian shows are not being realistic especially after Calgary was almost snowed out this year, and the band will be needing a break as well
    I don't know the Idea of Seeing Pearl Jam in the Snow being a Whole New Experience :P lol

• Options
    this was a picture of a Pearl Jam fan who was going to the show with her husband 12.02.2013
  • Options
    the next morning in Calgary after the Pearl Jam storm, lol
  • Options

this was a picture of a Pearl Jam fan who was going to the show with her husband 12.02.2013

You could Caption that Photo to something along the lines of..."I wouldn't be doing this if it wasn't Pearl Jam" :P lol

• Options
    so true, lol
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,463
    bring Pearl Jam to Canada 2015!!!!!!!
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    I'm in, 10 year Canadian anniversary tour
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Didn't they do some Canadian dates last year?.....

Sure the response will be it wasn't a proper tour and only 2 dates but that is the same as England is getting this summer. Lets have a petition for the UK to have more dates. Or Spain or Portugal.

I don't get these petition things, I don't feel one country is more deserving than another. No one is getting 'shafted', Pearl Jam can't play everywhere.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options

the next morning in Calgary after the Pearl Jam storm, lol

Looks like Fun...and by the way I've Never seen Snow ;)

• Options
    chainchain Montreal Posts: 336
    I'm in for the petition!!! Montreal / Quebec City!!!
    Toronto 96-09-21 / Montreal 98-08-20
    Barrie 98-08-22 / Montreal 00-10-04 / Montreal 03-06-29
    Montreal 05-09-15 / Quebec 05-09-20 / Montreal 11-09-07
    Worcester 13-10-15 / Denver 14-10-22 / Quebec 16-05-05
    Ottawa 16-05-08 / Ottawa 20-03-20 / Quebec 20-03-22
  • Options
    nippleholicnippleholic Toronto Posts: 1,083
    edited May 2014

I think there will be Canadian shows next year. don't know if they hit all those places like 05 though, some of those places were weird I went to London, and to Kitchener. it nice that it was a small venue in Kitchener. along with the usual Ottawa, montreal, Toronto for east coast. but I go to usa shows too, and a lot of major city did not get shows for long time now, there has been no vegas show since 2006 which is shocking considering they did the 10 year anniversary show there. id rather they not go to those small places in Canada like London and Kitchener, but just play more shows in Toronto or montreal In bigger cities. besides the pj shows, those little cities like Kitchener is really boring to visit, when they play cool cities though you can do other things when the show is not on, montreal only ever gets 1 show , it be cool if they play 2 or 3 nights in row, and they played Toronto I think 2x in that tour, Kitchener,london, and Hamilton? that 5 showsi n greater Toronto area, it just be better imo to have all 5 shows at the acc or another Toronto venue there, don't know whats good in Toronto besides where maple leafs and nba plays, because that Molson amp venue is really crappy, I saw pj there before too it was good show but that venue sucks balls , I been to over 100 amps outdoors and that one might be the worse one lol that on the lake ontario

They played Toronto only once on the 2005 tour, so they did 6 shows in Ontario that tour (Thunder Bay, Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto, Ottawa). They did come back 8 months later and play another two shows in Toronto, so maybe that's what you were thinking. As someone who lives only 10 minutes by bike from the ACC, I'd love it if they played 5 nights in a row there. However, I also understand why they would rather play more intimate places like Kitchener and London. It's also notable that they didn't play smaller places like Kitchener during the 2011 Canadian tour and mostly stuck to the bigger cities like Toronto, Hamilton and Ottawa.
    I actually don't mind the Amphitheatre when it's a nice day. You didn't provide any explanation as to why it sucks, but I used to work there for a couple years and never thought it was any worse than any other given amphitheatre. The ACC is an acceptable venue for arena acts, but I don't see it any better or worse than the Amp.
    Post edited by nippleholic on
    2003: Buffalo, Toronto
    2004: Boston (x2), Toledo, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto (x2), Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit
    2008: New York City (x2), Hartford, Boston II
    2010: Buffalo, Newark, New York City (x2), Nijmegen, Berlin, Werchter
    2011: Alpine Valley I, Alpine Valley II, Montreal, Toronto (x2), Ottawa, Hamilton
    2012: Amsterdam (x2), Berlin (x2)
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Brooklyn (x2)
    2014: Detroit
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto (x2), Chicago (x2)
    2018: Amsterdam (x2), Padua, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: San Diego, Los Angeles (x2), Oakland (x2), Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Fort Worth (x2), Austin (x2)

• Options
    VarzinczakVarzinczak Curitiba, Brazil Posts: 71
    Please! We all hope and beg for a tour like 2005 and 2011:

Canada -> South America.
    It would be sweet. We are faithful and we all believe!!!
    'It's funny when things change so much, it's all state of mind.'
  • Options
    Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,492
    I think they will do a similar tour to 08 centered around a festival or two (bonnaroo/firefly) and hit Toronto and Montreal next year
  • Options
    IgotshitIDIgotshitID St.john's Newfoundland Posts: 894
    sign me up! hopefully the exact same tour as 2005 all the way too Newfoundland
    St.John's 9/24/2005
    St.John's 9/25/2005
    Toronto 9/11/2011
    Toronto 9/12/2011
    Quebec City 5/5/2016
    Ottawa 5/8/2016
  • Options
    wpg pearlwpg pearl Posts: 1,258
    put my name on the list
    ajb
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,116
    edited May 2014
    Would we get a tour like '05 again? They played some really small markets on that tour. The band tours/plays alot less now. They sort of have to pick and choose where they play a bit more.

If they did tour Canada again, I would expect something more akin to the 2011 Canada tour opposed to the 2005 Canada tour. They played the larger cities and skipped the East Coast on that one.

I'm closer to Vancouver so obviously I'm always up for another Canadian tour that starts or ends in Vancouver. If they're going to play small markets I would love to see them play a show in Victoria. I've never seen Pearl Jam play where I live. I always travel to Seattle/Vancouver for shows. How epic would that be. We're totally small market though. I think the Arena holds maybe 7000 people. PJ doesn't seem to play venues that small anymore :(
    Post edited by Zod on
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,351
    I'll sign it.
  • Options
    nevmilesnevmiles Ottawa, ON Posts: 1,363
    Pearl Jam @ Bluesfest 2015! That would be amazing. http://ottawabluesfest.ca/
    Barrie 08/22/98
    Montreal 10/04/00
    Toronto 10/05/00
    Toronto 06/28/03
    Kitchener 09/11/05
    Ottawa 09/16/05
    Toronto 08/21/09
    Toronto 09/11/11
    Ottawa 09/14/11
    Buffalo 10/12/13
    Ottawa 05/08/16
    Chicago 08/20/18
    Ottawa 09/03/22
    Nashville 09/16/22
  • Options

Please! We all hope and beg for a tour like 2005 and 2011:

Canada -> South America.
    It would be sweet. We are faithful and we all believe!!!

+1
  • Options
    HP24632HP24632 Montreal, Canada Posts: 41
    I attended Montreal and Quebec City in that tour! I was old enough in the Club to be sitted in 3rd row right in front of Mike! One of my best show ever, along the other PJ shows ;) Please do another Canadian Tour!!
    1998 Montreal
    2005 Montreal, Quebec City
    2011 Montreal
    2013 London, Buffalo
    2016 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2

To come :
    2016 Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto 1, Toronto 2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2, Wrigley 2

• Options
    edited May 2014
    HP24632 said:

I attended Montreal and Quebec City in that tour! I was old enough in the Club to be sitted in 3rd row right in front of Mike! One of my best show ever, along the other PJ shows ;) Please do another Canadian Tour!!

here are the bootlegs from Quebec City and Halifax
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yweOGlzlWFA
    Post edited by Big Bank Hank on