Options

GA or Reserved Seat?

Comments

• Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    I had Ga for Phoenix, got there at 7a, waited all day, was on rail between Ed and Mike.
    Had reserved for Vancouver, was 3 rows back from back of GA barricade.
    Had GA for Seattle, got there at 6-6:30p, was about 10-12 rows back on Mike's side.
    My number 34xxxx joined in 2005.
    I'm going to try for GA again, as I think it was better being closer. If you have number prior to 2004 or so, chances are you would be in lower bowl on flanks of stage, with awesome seats.
    If you joined in 1992-1994 then you're prob backstage with the band.
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    edited May 2014
    Joe118 said:

mikelittl said:

I really do not want to get shut out for tickets for my hometown show at Joe Louis Arena. Would prefer GA, but given the odds am I better off listing reserved as my first choice and GA second?

This is my first lottery. Only going to one show. St Louis. My sixth time seeing the band but I have never been close. I don't have a great member #. If I pick GA as my first priority and reserved as my second, is there a chance I get shut out for both? The above post confused me. It seems like I would be almost gauranteed somethig if I chose both correct? What's the benefit of making reserved your #1 priority?

You could definitely get shut out for both, it depends on the demand. All scenarios are possible. Last year, people got GA tickets that they listed as their 8th or even more priority. It all depends on the demandand the allotment that tenclub has. I like the lottery cause it gives me more time to think things through, but the downside is that there is no guarantee at all, no matter what plan you choose to follow.
    We had GA for Philly last year and it was spectacular. We were not lining up all day, just got there from the preparty and went in. We were like six rows back on night one and a little closer on night two. I didn't catch sweat pearls from Ed or wine, but it felt like you were seeing them in a small club. It was really cool. However, we also had reserved seats for Pittsburgh, and they were on Mike's side right next to the stage, on the second tier. These were pretty cool seats. My member number is in the 460's.
    In GA, you will have to stand the whole show, no sitting in between encore breaks. It is not getting super rough, but it can. What is cool is that if there are people who are annoying you, you can just go to another spot. Which is not possible in Reserved.

Detroit is our hometown show, so we put in GA first. Reserved second, as the backup. If you want GA, choose it as first prio.

Post edited by Leezestarr313 on
  • Options
    daydaydayday Michigan, USA Posts: 93

dayday said:

252XXX number here. trying for joe louis arena. don't see any reason to prioritize reserved over g.a. when the best reserved seats are on the flat floor behind g.a. if reserved seats were side stage i may entertain prioritizing reserved first.

i thought reserved seats were side stage too. ??

FoxyRedLa said:

Fall 2013 side stage = low member #'s

Seemed a lot of reserved in Pitts behind GA on the floor was 400xxx and beyond.

hmmm so maybe with a 252xxx i could land on the side in the first couple rows, elevated a bit. i just don't want to be behind the pit in reserved on the flat floor.
    "i'll ride the wave~where it takes me"

Detroit, Michigan 08-01-1992
    Charleston, South Carolina 10-05-1996
    East Lansing, Michigan 08-18-1998
    Auburn Hills, Michigan 08-23-1998
    Greenville, South Carolina 09-04-1998
    Auburn Hills, Michigan 10-07-2000
    Clarkston, Michigan 06-25-2003
    Clarkston, Michigan 06-26-2003
    Grand Rapids, Michigan 10-03-2004
    Grand Rapids, Michigan 05-19-2006
    Chicago, Illinois 08-05-2007
    Detroit, Michigan 10-16-2014
    Chicago, Illinois 09-07-2023
  • Options
    bethwalker1987bethwalker1987 Washington Posts: 122
    Im 514XXX........poo, are the reserved behind pit cool seats most of the time..? \m/
  • Options
    chicagoJamchicagoJam Posts: 48
    Wish they would get rid of the GA....those bozos with their GA lists drive me crazy.....who the hell do those people think they are...
    WHITE SOX WHITE SOX GO GO WHITE SOX
  • Options
    ponytdponytd Nashville Posts: 653
    My # is like 420xxx and for Philly 1 we were about 10 rows up on the side right about in line with the start of floor seats. For night 2, I sat with my buddy whose # is about 200xxx I think and we were on the floor about 7-8 rows back of GA.
    For Charlotte, both us went and sat in our seats and I was on the side again and he was on the floor, but we were about in perfect line with each other. For all those shows, our seats were awesome. but even if they were far back, we weren't going to complain much because we were lucky enough to get GA to Wrigley and were about 3 people off the rail
  • Options
    CreedFeedCreedFeed West Allis, WI Posts: 37
    Yea I have the same questions as others here.... I'm going for the Milwaukee show. The seating chart on TM is this:

http://media.ticketmaster.com/tm/en-us/tmimages/venue/maps/ch5/55249s_a.gif

So half the floor is GA and the other half is reserved seats. I'm going for reserved, but am concerned about where the reserved would be. By TM standards, the best-available reserved usually is center of the building (section 200 or 214 in that link). Does the 10 Club use that same scenario or are they different? I bought Muse tickets for both Milwaukee and Chicago shows through a Muse presale and they gave you the dead center sections in both cities (basically the red line for a hockey game). While those seats are good, I'd think a section or two over, closer to the stage would be better?

So for the 10Club lottery, would they consider the sides of the bowl greater than the floor reserved? I don't remember my member # off hand, but I signed up when they announced the PJ20 show @ Alpine Valley in 2011. So I have no idea where that would put me :( Ugh, decisions, decisions... #FirstWorldProblems :)
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine" 9/4/2011 Alpine Valley, WI -PJ20-
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    Of course everybody wants to be as close as possible... But on the other hand just be happy if you get in and are able to enjoy a fun night with the soundtrack provided by your fave band. If you are with fun people, you can even have a great time in the shittiest seats in the house. The music is loud enough to transport throughout the whole arena and they have monitors above the stage now, so you can even see them in close-up now.
  • Options
    Bruins24Bruins24 Posts: 103
    If you knew that you had the best member number at a show, would you choose GA or reserved?
    '95 - San Diego '98 - Phoenix, San Diego, Las Vegas, Inglewood 1-2 '00 - San Bernardino '03 - Denver, Council Bluffs '06 - Denver 1-2, Los Angeles 1-2 '09 - Universal City, San Diego '11 - PJ20
  • Options
    Bruins24 said:

If you knew that you had the best member number at a show, would you choose GA or reserved?

Considering the best number really only applies to reserved seating, I'd go reserved. Anyone can/will win GA, no matter their 10Club #

• Options
    jdopjjdopj Posts: 647
    Bruins24 said:

Mine is a pretty great number as well.
    There are more reserved seats to be had, and you would have the best ones so guarantee your attendance and pick Res.

I am 93xxx. I had 3 rows off the floor in SD the first section next to the change.

• Options
    jdopj said:

Bruins24 said:

Mine is a pretty great number as well.
    There are more reserved seats to be had, and you would have the best ones so guarantee your attendance and pick Res.

I am 93xxx. I had 3 rows off the floor in SD the first section next to the change.

jdopj- How was it sitting off to the side of the stage after being used to sitting in front of the stage? I'm 28xxx so I'm used to being in front as well. That's why I'm leaning toward going for GA so that I can still be in front of stage. But I'm curious what your experience was in SD being to the side for the first time.
    '95 - San Diego '98 - Phoenix, San Diego, Las Vegas, Inglewood 1-2 '00 - San Bernardino '03 - Denver, Council Bluffs '06 - Denver 1-2, Los Angeles 1-2 '09 - Universal City, San Diego '11 - PJ20
  • Options
    -Buru--Buru- Santa Barbara, CA Posts: 1,292
    GA is my first choice, always!
    I am just a dreamer, but you are just a dream...
    If I knew where it was I would take you there.

• Options
    jfconnorjrjfconnorjr Posts: 518
    Bruins24 said:

Choose Reserved and trade for GA...
  • Options
    cifrancgxcifrancgx Columbus, OH USA Posts: 350
    I was at the Pittsburgh show last year and got Reserved. I have a 105xxx. I was in the lower level (section 114) 11 rows up (row K).

Here is a shot of the stage from my seat...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ao625sxo7cugw15/1147.JPG
    George

Toledo, OH 1996 | Cuyahoga Falls, OH 1998 | Columbus, OH 2000,2003,2010 | Cleveland, OH 2003,2010 | Kitchener, London, Hamilton, ON 2005 | Pittsburgh 2013 | Cincinnati, OH 2006, 2014 | Lexington, KY 2016 | Indianapolis, IN 2023 (POSTPONED)
  • Options
    cifrancgx said:

I was at the Pittsburgh show last year and got Reserved. I have a 105xxx. I was in the lower level (section 114) 11 rows up (row K).

Here is a shot of the stage from my seat...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ao625sxo7cugw15/1147.JPG

Thanks, that's very helpful.
  • Options
    pearlgirl52pearlgirl52 At a Pearl Jam show, hopefully. Posts: 653
    Everyone please humor me...since GA is 10c only, is winning the lottery the only way to get GA seats? Someone experienced? I'm terrified that I will get shutout again! Thanks!
  • Options
    tribejammer05tribejammer05 W'Ville, OH Posts: 693

Wish they would get rid of the GA....those bozos with their GA lists drive me crazy.....who the hell do those people think they are...

Agree with you on the list. This has potential to boil over.
    "There's a $10,000 bill in it for you."
    "Oh yeah? Which president's on it?"
    "Uh, all of them. They're having a party. Jimmy Carter's passed out on the couch."

Columbus 2000
    Columbus 2003
    Hershey 2003
    Toledo 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Chicago/Lollapalooza 2007
    Columbus 2010
    Chicago/Wrigley 2013
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Portland 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
  • Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630

Everyone please humor me...since GA is 10c only, is winning the lottery the only way to get GA seats? Someone experienced? I'm terrified that I will get shutout again! Thanks!

I think I remember GA is club only
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544

If you don't win the lottery you can look for somebody with an extra ticket on here. But you're correct, no GA tickets will be sold on Ticketmaster.

1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    cbeitingcbeiting Posts: 71
    I prefer a reserved seat. I like popping a squat between after the opener. But I put in for both in Cincy...I don't want to get shut out. This is my first go-round with the lottery system. If I do get GA tix, I'll just put on my most comfortable shoes and suck it up...and work my way to the front. :D

I remember the old days where you'd get the list of dates in the mail, you got to choose a pair of tickets for ONE show and you'd send in your money order and hope for the best.

A small part of me misses the one show per year rule. It gave most people a shot at being in fantastic seats.

Good luck everyone.
    Member since 1996...
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,822
    FWIW, I put in for Reserved (first) and GA (Second) for St. Paul, Moline, and Milwaukee. If I get GA for any of those shows, I'll trade 'em for someone's reserved.

GA:
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    PP193448 said:

I had Ga for Phoenix, got there at 7a, waited all day, was on rail between Ed and Mike.
    Had GA for Seattle, got there at 6-6:30p, was about 10-12 rows back on Mike's side.
    I'm going to try for GA again, as I think it was better being closer. If you have number prior to 2004 or so, chances are you would be in lower bowl on flanks of stage, with awesome seats.

I joined 10C Junior year of high school in 1993, so have number 28xxx. It's never gotten me backstage with the band... but many amazing up close experiences at shows. But I love GA, and haven't been at a GA Pearl Jam show since Yield tour so really looking forward to it this year (if I win the lottery).
  • Options
    RD101189RD101189 A distant time, a distant space Posts: 454
    Wish I would have chosen GA over reserved for the Phoenix show last year.
    09/08/1992 - Phoenix, AZ
    07/08/1998 - Phoenix, AZ
    10/21/2000 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/19/2013 - Phoenix, AZ
    10/22/2014 - Denver, CO
    05/09/2022 - Phoenix, AZ
    09/22/2022 - Denver, CO
  • Options
    pearlgirl52pearlgirl52 At a Pearl Jam show, hopefully. Posts: 653
    dougfloyd said:

If you don't win the lottery you can look for somebody with an extra ticket on here. But you're correct, no GA tickets will be sold on Ticketmaster.

ANXIETY!
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,766
    cbeiting said:

I prefer a reserved seat. I like popping a squat between after the opener. But I put in for both in Cincy...I don't want to get shut out. This is my first go-round with the lottery system. If I do get GA tix, I'll just put on my most comfortable shoes and suck it up...and work my way to the front. :D

I remember the old days where you'd get the list of dates in the mail, you got to choose a pair of tickets for ONE show and you'd send in your money order and hope for the best.

A small part of me misses the one show per year rule. It gave most people a shot at being in fantastic seats.

Good luck everyone.

A smaller ten club, more shows, one show per tour.

A larger ten club, fewer shows, unlimited shows per tour.

Huh?
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    I'm new to the lottery and hope to go to the Cincy show. We live in Dayton and this is the first Ohio show in forever. My number is 490X. I have a tiny bladder and so picked reserve with the hope of getting a fairly decent seat in a venue that is pretty much GINORMOUS. So help me understand. Does reserved just mean a flat floor behind a pit??? If so, and given the odds should I go GA for this one and be thrilled with the back of the GA area? Girls always have to worry about the height/view issue. Thanks!
  • Options
    whitepantswhitepants Posts: 718
    Those days of wasting my life for the perfect spot are long gone. I enjoy eating, using the bathroom freely, jumping up and down like a crazy woman and having fun. If you're along the rail, you have to fend off people and babysit it all night long. Just not worth it.
    PP193448 said:

~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281

I'm new to the lottery and hope to go to the Cincy show. We live in Dayton and this is the first Ohio show in forever. My number is 490X. I have a tiny bladder and so picked reserve with the hope of getting a fairly decent seat in a venue that is pretty much GINORMOUS. So help me understand. Does reserved just mean a flat floor behind a pit??? If so, and given the odds should I go GA for this one and be thrilled with the back of the GA area? Girls always have to worry about the height/view issue. Thanks!

Behind the pit will be rest of floor. They will likely be seats. Hope you don't get stuck behind some tall persons. In Missoula the floor behind the tenclub GA pit was also GA.
    I would prob recommend GA but stay in back. You can move at free will back there, come and go to likely be back to same spot. Plenty of dancing room. Less jerks pushing you from behind to get to the rail. I'm in Springboro, so maybe see you there.
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    jonsey30jonsey30 Rochester Hills, MI Posts: 998
    mikelittl said:

I really do not want to get shut out for tickets for my hometown show at Joe Louis Arena. Would prefer GA, but given the odds am I better off listing reserved as my first choice and GA second?

Just so you know, if you want any chance of GA, it has to be your first choice. They do a lottery for everyone with GA first choice, and if there are any left, lottery for those who put GA second. There won't be any left after the first lottery
    7/19/13 - Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL
    10/11/13 - Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014 - Detroit, MI
    5/10/2016 - Toronto, ON
    3/24/2020 - Hamilton, ON
    9/7/2023 - Chicago, IL