Options

I Guess We Now Know When The Bridge School Benefit Weekend Is Taking Place This Year

darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,476
October 25+26

Comments

• Options
    Beaverhausen209Beaverhausen209 Central Valley, CA Posts: 60
    That's what I was thinking, too...
  • Options
    iamloco724iamloco724 Brooklyn NY Posts: 1,441
    Ive never done one of them before does 10c usually have tickets?
  • Options
    Beaverhausen209Beaverhausen209 Central Valley, CA Posts: 60
    No 10C tix for those. But they are usually great shows!
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,919
    They played Fuckin' Up in Hartford last year because the band "fucked up the schedule" and missed the Bridge School event. (Eddie's words.) Kinda figured they might make an appearance this year.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,551
    They should have a show in Santa Barbara like they did after Bridge in '03 too
  • Options
    PJForceofNaturePJForceofNature Posts: 3,087
    I love the Bridge School shows! I hope PJ do play there this year.
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    Anyone know when the dates/lineups for this are usually announced?

• Options
    lastexit78lastexit78 Posts: 614
    When I saw the tour dates Bridge School was the first thing I thought of. Was really hoping the timing would fit and it does perfectly. I'd be shocked if they did not play this year. I'd say the dates will be announced in July and the lineup in early September.
    06/22/95, 11/04/95, 11/15/97, 07/16/98, 10/30/99, 10/30/00, 10/31/00, 10/20/01, 10/21/01, 12/08/02, 06/01/03, 06/06/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 09/28/04, 03/18/05, 09/01/05, 07/15/06, 07/16/06, 07/18/06, 07/22/06, 07/23/06, 10/21/06, 10/22/06, 08/28/09, 09/21/09, 09/22/09, 05/20/10, 05/21/10, 10/24/10, 11/26/13, 12/06/13, 06/28/14, 10/26/14, 07/10/18, 08/10/18, 10/02/21, 
  • Options
    It's official!

Mark your calendars!! The 2014 28th Annual Bridge School Benefit Concert will be Saturday and Sunday, October 25th and 26th!
  • Options
    EnterThanmanEnterThanman London, ON Posts: 1,057
    JimmyV said:

They played Fuckin' Up in Hartford last year because the band "fucked up the schedule" and missed the Bridge School event. (Eddie's words.) Kinda figured they might make an appearance this year.

I imagine that one hurt especially bad when Tom Waits was added to the line up.

The member formerly known as Scratched Vinyl
  • Options
    I may end up disappointed but until then I am operating under the assumption that this is happening.

• Options
    JimmyV said:

I may end up disappointed but until then I am operating under the assumption that this is happening.

Same here...I'll be very shocked if this doesn't happen.
  • Options
    Does anyone know when the line up will be announced? I heard that tix go on sale on September 13!
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    MissPennyLaneMissPennyLane Redondo Beach, CA Posts: 687
    They usually announce the lineup after labor day weekend
  • Options
    Thanks! I am hoping PJ will be there, and I'm also wondering who else is in the line up.
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options

Does anyone know when the line up will be announced? I heard that tix go on sale on September 13!

Where'd you hear that? They went on sale on September 13th last year.
  • Options
    I saw it on Live Nation, but it could have been last year-didn't think of that! At any rate, I sure hope the line up is announced soon.
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options

I saw it on Live Nation, but it could have been last year-didn't think of that! At any rate, I sure hope the line up is announced soon.

The only thing that gave me pause was that tickets for the BSB have gone on sale on Fridays the last couple of years. That would mean they might go on sale the 12th this year.

The lineup was announced on September 6th last year, so we definitely should be hearing soon.
  • Options
    evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,848
    edited September 2014
    I wonder if Pegi will be involved in any way. :-/
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Options

I wonder if Pegi will be involved in any way. :-/

I think everybody is wondering that at this point.
  • Options
    I was thinking about that today. I know she's been a huge part of the school for many years. I hope she is still involved.
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,709
    Would love to get over for this
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,836
    I would love if they could broadcast this again on YouTube. Ed played back in 2011. Night 1 was aired. But they didn't broadcast Night 2 on YouTube. :(
  • Options
    I keep thinking the line up will be announced today. Well, the day isn't over yet! :)
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    Just checked flights & really dunno I'll be able to do this after all. Flights just too expensive now. Dammit for having the announcement so late :-(
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    I'm thinking I may have to miss it this year too-a shame they are taking so long to announce the line up. ):
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options

I'm thinking I may have to miss it this year too-a shame they are taking so long to announce the line up. ):

Don't lose hope. I haven't done one and would love to go out there this year. Agree, just announce it already.
  • Options
    Bridge School benefit 2010 was where I first discovered PJ! I have such fond memories of that time! I do hope you can get out there, bootlegger10, because it will be a week-end you will never forget! :)
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    A couple posts about donating and asking who should play the Benefit on the Bridge School Facebook page today. I'm thinking we're getting really close to an announcement.

I don't know why, but I have a feeling Soundgarden might be in the lineup this year.