Options

Official Memphis Ten Roll call - 10/14/14

1121314151618»

Comments

• Options
    aumfcaumfc Posts: 85
    At Peabody. Going to find food. Not sure where or where we are going after that. If you see a guy in a black stickman hat say hey.
  • Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734
    edited October 2014
    BinFrog said:

Pouring here most of the day - spending the afternoon eating and drinking on Beale St.

We just had an early dinner at Pig On Beale. God damn that was good.

Where are you and are there fans hanging out there?
    We were at BB Kings. It seemed relatively quiet this afternoon - but things are starting to pick up, seeing a lot of PJ shirts and a small group in line for GA.
    Post edited by lotsalemon on
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    Driving from ATL tomorrow morning gonna leave about 4-5 am. My sons first concert and he is a huge fan. He is wishing for Of the Earth in Memphis.
  • Options
    yellowwhoyellowwho Posts: 1,661

Driving from ATL tomorrow morning gonna leave about 4-5 am. My sons first concert and he is a huge fan. He is wishing for Of the Earth in Memphis.

Hope he has a great time ! And I'm
    Pretty sure no one would have a problem with them playing that one !
  • Options
    dogtowndogtown Posts: 118
    I had a great time in Memphis, I think that was the perfect city for a PJ show. I could have spent another 3 days there sightseeing, there is so much to do.

I haven't seen anyone mention something that happened Monday night -- was anyone in the Peabody lobby for the impromptu Stevie Wonder half hour set? I was up in my room sick after a bad flight but the next morning the bell hop told me Stevie Wonder had been in town recording and stayed at the Peabody. Apparently he came in around 10:45 pm, saw a woman playing the piano, and asked to join her. Then he played for 30 minutes. That must have been amazing for people just hanging out in the lobby Monday night.
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    dogtown said:

I had a great time in Memphis, I think that was the perfect city for a PJ show. I could have spent another 3 days there sightseeing, there is so much to do.

I haven't seen anyone mention something that happened Monday night -- was anyone in the Peabody lobby for the impromptu Stevie Wonder half hour set? I was up in my room sick after a bad flight but the next morning the bell hop told me Stevie Wonder had been in town recording and stayed at the Peabody. Apparently he came in around 10:45 pm, saw a woman playing the piano, and asked to join her. Then he played for 30 minutes. That must have been amazing for people just hanging out in the lobby Monday night.

I got into town on Tuesday around noon. I saw a photo posted on FB. Couldn't believe that I missed it by a few hours. But then again I probably wouldn't have been in the lobby at 10:45 pm so probably would have missed it even if I had arrived on Monday. I wish we could hear from someone who witnessed it.

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    Memphis is an awesome place for a concert so much to do there, I sure hope Pearl Jam goes back, next time, I am going for a whole week
  • Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734
    edited October 2014
    dogtown said:

Missed the amazement by about 15 minutes...so pissed!
    It was a great few days away, tons of music-related things to do. Graceland, Stax museum, Sun studios, Gibson, all the great clubs in the area, Civil Rights Museum, and FOOD!
    Post edited by lotsalemon on
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    aumfcaumfc Posts: 85
    dogtown said:

Aw damn! I was across the street at Huey's. Must have left before I got back over.

Anyone have a link to any photos?
  • Options

Missed the amazement by about 15 minutes...so pissed!
    It was a great few days away, tons of music-related things to do. Graceland, Stax museum, Sun studios, Gibson, all the great clubs in the area, Civil Rights Museum, and FOOD!

Oh, shit, that's even more heartbreaking than my miss. Let's just pretend we saw him.
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    dogtown said:

Apparently he came in around 10:45 pm, saw a woman playing the piano, and...

Ummmm.....
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    ponytdponytd Nashville Posts: 653
    BinFrog said:

dogtown said:

Ummmm.....
    HE'S CURED!!
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    ponytd said:

BinFrog said:

dogtown said:

Ummmm.....
    HE'S CURED!!
    Pretty sure you know what I meant but if you have to get pedantic, then go ahead. :)
    Post edited by dogtown on
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    Oh cmon, it was funny.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"