Options

Official Memphis Ten Roll call - 10/14/14

Comments

• Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    PhishNoC said:

I always liked the Flying Saucer, but then it became a cigar bar or something. Is it back to a regular bar now?

Also, if you are a runner, check out the Wolf River Trails, Shelby Farms, Shelby Forest, etc. Lots of good natural trail running in town. Paved greenline as well.
    Thanks. I am a runner. I remember one year when we were at the Beale St. Music Fest staying downtown we brought our bikes. We attempted a ride out to Shelby Forest but the four lane road we got on was so trashed we had flat after flat and when we used our last spare tube we decided we had better turn around and come back. So we never made it. We should have driven there I imagine and then rode. I'll have to check out the Wolf River Trails sometime. Although I doubt I will have time in October. It will be a quick trip. Drive down on Monday for the pre-party and show, and then get up Tuesday morning and drive straight to the office in Paducah.

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    PhishNoC said:

I always liked the Flying Saucer, but then it became a cigar bar or something. Is it back to a regular bar now?

There is no smoking in the bar anymore. I think that some bars still can allow it, but I can't remember. The Saucer has an area that opens up to the street, so smoking might be allowed there, but not in the enclosed part. 70 on tap, not to mention the number of bottles they have too.
    Sounds good to me. I love trying different beers. And the Peabody is nice. We stayed there a couple of years ago for my husband's bday weekend and we were glad we did it - once. But it wasn't so special that we are dying to go back. Although, I did get the $115 Priceline rate so will be happy to be there n October. (we paid WAY more than that when we stayed before). I think trying to have a party there would be a lot of trouble. And the drinks are expensive. Nor do they have a large beer selection. And that's important. :)

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    wbutler29wbutler29 Posts: 911
    Anyone with Memphis connections/Flying Saucer specifically, may want to gauge their interest in hosting the Wishlist Pre-Party. We can then share with Kat or whoever is organizing the parties for the fall U.S. tour. I am sure she will be looking for local volunteers to help coordinate setup the event.
  • Options
    wbutler29 said:

Anyone with Memphis connections/Flying Saucer specifically, may want to gauge their interest in hosting the Wishlist Pre-Party. We can then share with Kat or whoever is organizing the parties for the fall U.S. tour. I am sure she will be looking for local volunteers to help coordinate setup the event.

I think my friend Mindi is sponsoring the party. I will tell her about this thread.

• Options
    mindimindi Posts: 1,858
    Yep I am helping with the party. We actually are already talking to the Hard Rock about a location. We did a party there before an EV show and they let us have the whole upstairs. It was a nice time.
    Ideas, suggestions, donations, message me or email me whythelapin@yahoo.com
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • Options
    Alright Locals . . . . mindi is your gal. Hard Rock sounds good. Any other locales that are close enough (walking or rail distance) to the fourm, big enough to house a solid size group of folks, and gives the yankees and west coasters a taste of the south. Thanks for coordinating mindi
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,631
    Who is going to the memphis show, and is planning on getting a poster, and would like a chance to win up to 6 posters from the 12 show fall tour?

Check this out

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/233751/2014-u-s-fall-tour-poster-pool-giveaway-to-help-elwayvedder#latest

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    wbutler29 said:

Alright Locals . . . . mindi is your gal. Hard Rock sounds good. Any other locales that are close enough (walking or rail distance) to the fourm, big enough to house a solid size group of folks, and gives the yankees and west coasters a taste of the south. Thanks for coordinating mindi

Thanks we can use all the help we can get! The EV Memphis party was pretty great, I know we can make this one even better!

To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • Options
    Bumping this back up. We need donations! If you got something in your mystery box that you don't need or want, consider donating it!
    Also any locals know of some places we could get some donations from?
    And if anyone wants to volunteer to help the day of the party, that would be great.
    You can message me here, or email me at whythelapin@yahoo.com
    THANKS!
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Get those donations folks!
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    SS9981SS9981 Posts: 1,729
    My wife & myself are going to be there. Also have an extra set of 10 club reserved tickets through lotto. Any one have extra 10 club reserved Cincinnati & want to make a trade?
    Scott A. Setser
  • Options
    BlredyellowBlredyellow Posts: 843
    ISO: 1 Memphis GA

Have 1 Tulsa GA and 2 Memphis reserved (8X,XXX) available as trade.
  • Options
    alizmializmi Baltimore...MD Posts: 196
    I'm coming solo to Memphis so I'd love to hook up with some folks. How about that southern hospitality for a fellow PJ fan.
  • Options
    alizmi said:

I'm coming solo to Memphis so I'd love to hook up with some folks. How about that southern hospitality for a fellow PJ fan.

I will be solo, but will have friends there to meet up with for the pre-party. You will be welcome to join us, and don't worry there will be plenty of people to hang out with. I won't be there until the day of the show, but planning on getting there fairly early. Where are you staying?
  • Options

alizmi said:

I will be solo, but will have friends there to meet up with for the pre-party. You will be welcome to join us, and don't worry there will be plenty of people to hang out with. I won't be there until the day of the show, but planning on getting there fairly early. Where are you staying?
    Thats AWESOME of you to offer! I am flying in the morning of the show from Baltimore and have a return flight back the next morning. Gotta cram it all into a very short trip.
  • Options
    TonyBTonyB Posts: 114
    I just got the Peabody also for $115 plus tax $142 total
  • Options
    KingJeremyDKingJeremyD Posts: 2,313

Who all wants to meet up the day before the Memphis concert?....Probably at bar on Beale street...
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    yup
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    alizmi said:

alizmi said:

Thats AWESOME of you to offer! I am flying in the morning of the show from Baltimore and have a return flight back the next morning. Gotta cram it all into a very short trip.
    Closer to time we can exchange info. I will be at the Peabody with lots of other fans who are getting the $115 Priceline rate. I will be there around noon or 1pm and hoping the hotel will allow early check in.
  • Options
    dogtowndogtown Posts: 118
    I'm coming in Monday afternoon and hoping people will be around maybe to do happy hour at the Peabody then hit a cool place on Beale street for blues. I'll be doing the full Graceland tour on Tuesday morning. At least one tour company picks up at the Peabody so that's convenient.
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,485

wife and I coming from northern Indiana for a few days. Need a babysitter!!!!
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    SO37031 said:

Can I take it to the show with me?
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    timmay44212timmay44212 Posts: 107

SO37031 said:

Can I take it to the show with me?
    Tambourine whore! Jk
    10/11/13 consol energy center pittsburgh
  • Options
    pulling69pulling69 KIAD Posts: 982
    I will be coming in some time on Monday as well, at the Peabody. I may have an extra reserved ticket.
    "Populated with every reject and cutthroat from Bombay to Calcutta. It's worse than Detroit."
  • Options
    Anybody? As far as I know we have no donations yet for the fundraiser :(
    I think we've decided we're raising money for a local no kill animal shelter.
  • Options

alizmi said:

alizmi said:

Closer to time we can exchange info. I will be at the Peabody with lots of other fans who are getting the $115 Priceline rate. I will be there around noon or 1pm and hoping the hotel will allow early check in.
    Will do! I feel the love for sure! I actually still have an extra reserve ticket for this show. The weekday makes it very hard for anyone to come with me so here's a 10 club reserve available.
  • Options
    alizmi what is your fan club #?
  • Options

I've been a PJ fan since the 90s but only recently joined 10 club so my number isn't good and begins with a 5.
  • Options
    Don't forget your donations for Mindi. I am sure there are some mystery boxes that have some schwag that needs a good home.
  • Options
    alizmi said:

I've been a PJ fan since the 90s but only recently joined 10 club so my number isn't good and begins with a 5.
    The reason I ask is because it is usually easier to sell a pair than a single. If you find another 10c member who has an extra you to can pair up and sell the other pair. You would take the tickets of whichever person has the lower number. I did that in 2008 at the two Florida shows. The person I paired up with had the lower number so we used his tics and sold my pair.