Options

Mystery Box/Posters/Vinyl

Treyert14Treyert14 Louisiana Posts: 924
edited April 2015 in The Porch
Hey guys. Sadly I missed out on the mystery box because I'm paying for school and have a low pay job. So if y'all can make my dream come true and post pics of y'all mystery boxes here it would kinda make me feel like I got one of my own. And I'm curious to see what's inside of them!

Now they have Mystery Posters?!
Y'all know what to do!

And now we have mystery vinyl! I missed out because of family issues. I'm super excited for all who was able to get a package! Please post your pictures and opinions here.
Post edited by Treyert14 on

Comments

• Options
    HongKongHongKong Posts: 312
    You know what man, that is the coolest! I was poor college student once. Ate ramen (real ramen from the Asian store) so I totally get it. Don't spend your money on this stuff. Hang with your friends, blast some PJ and spend your money on road trips! These are the freest poorest days of your life! And they are perfect! Wish I was 20 again! Enjoy!
    ET, Wi 08-29-92
    Mke, Wi 07-09-95
    Mke, Wi 07-08-95
    ET, Wi 06-27-98
    Tibetan FC (EV)99 East Troy, WI, US
    ET, Wi 10-08-00
    ET, Wi 06-21-03
    Mke, Wi 06-30-06
    Lolla Chi, Il 08-05-07
    EV Mke 08.19.08
    PJ20, Wi 09-04-11
    PJ20, Wi 09-03-11
  • Options
    JP33JP33 Posts: 1,348
    Treyert14 said:

Hey guys. Sadly I missed out on the mystery box because I'm paying for school and have a low pay job. So if y'all can make my dream come true and post pics of y'all mystery boxes here it would kinda make me feel like I got one of my own. And I'm curious to see what's inside of them!

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,878
    i was tempted to get one, but by the time i decided to get one they were sold out, d'oh! image
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    If these boxes were supposed to contain some vinyl or really cool stuff, I would have been pissed off due to the US only restriction (I'm from Italy).. but honestly, I'm not interested in anything inside of these (don't collect posters, not interested in PJ clothes or stickers ecc.), and I already collect all of the official boots, so.. I don't care. It's just another cash grab from TC trying to profit from some unused merch.. oh, and they use the term "flippers" when they flip their own stuff on ebay
    before anyone replies, I know it's for charity, it's a good thing.. but they say this is the only way to avoid flippers, and this is pure BULLSHIT..
    for fuck sake, sell your stuff at a fixed price on your own store for members, not on fuckin ebay.. put them on sale at a high price for charity, but don't sell it on ebay pretending this will avoid flippers, because it won't, and again it doesn't benefit the fans
    end of the rant, sorry for ruining your thread
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    edited May 2014

It's just another cash grab from TC trying to profit from some unused merch

So, whats wrong with that? They have extras, that THEY paid to have made. Why NOT try to move it. Don't really see the issue. Especially If ppl are willing to pay.

aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    pjradio said:

It's just another cash grab from TC trying to profit from some unused merch

So, whats wrong with that? They have extras, that THEY paid to have made. Why NOT try to move it. Don't really see the issue. Especially If ppl are willing to pay.

It's just the way it's done.. these are already sold out, so who I am to say anything? But for example, if I was a PJ posters lover, it would have been better if they'd go on sale individually, not bound to be purchased with some other not interesting (for me) stuff.. plus, I bet many bought these cause they think it can potentially includes some vinyl or rare stuff.. this is not the case (again, I don't know anything, but let's talk about it when people will start to receive them...)
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,427

If these boxes were supposed to contain some vinyl or really cool stuff, I would have been pissed off due to the US only restriction (I'm from Italy).. but honestly, I'm not interested in anything inside of these (don't collect posters, not interested in PJ clothes or stickers ecc.), and I already collect all of the official boots, so.. I don't care. It's just another cash grab from TC trying to profit from some unused merch.. oh, and they use the term "flippers" when they flip their own stuff on ebay
    before anyone replies, I know it's for charity, it's a good thing.. but they say this is the only way to avoid flippers, and this is pure BULLSHIT..
    for fuck sake, sell your stuff at a fixed price on your own store for members, not on fuckin ebay.. put them on sale at a high price for charity, but don't sell it on ebay pretending this will avoid flippers, because it won't, and again it doesn't benefit the fans

You seem pretty angry for something you didn't actually want.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,402
    edited May 2014
    This thread started off so nice.

To the OP, like someone earlier mentioned, don't fret over stuff. use your limited resources to do cool things ie road trip, go to some shows at a local venue, or go for a nice meal with friends. Save the $90 to come on up to MN when PJ announces a show here :)

IMO experiences are way more valuable than stuff which sits in a box in the bottom of a closet gathering dust and is forgotten about in a month. That's me though.

But it will be cool to see what peeps get.

Let's get this thread back on track.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    on2legs said:

ahah, you're right :) but actually, the little bit of angry comes from them selling stuff on ebay, so this is not the right place to continue to talk about it..
    as someone already said, back on topic..
    maybe some of the boxes will include some PJ condoms from the '96 era (these really existed back in the day, in case you don't know).. in that case, yes, I would have liked one
    Post edited by Jammalambo on
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    I just almost bought one- kinda glad they're sold out tho. After I came to my senses I realized I don't need anymore stickers or random posters! If there were vinyl I'd have missed out though.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,427
    edited May 2014

on2legs said:

ahah, you're right :) but actually, the little bit of angry comes from them selling stuff on ebay, so this is not the right place to continue to talk about it..
    as someone already said, back on topic..
    maybe some of the boxes will include some PJ condoms from the '96 era (these really existed back in the day, in case you don't know).. in that case, yes, I would have liked one
    :)>-
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    RB90590RB90590 Posts: 227
    HongKong said:

You know what man, that is the coolest! I was poor college student once. Ate ramen (real ramen from the Asian store) so I totally get it. Don't spend your money on this stuff. Hang with your friends, blast some PJ and spend your money on road trips! These are the freest poorest days of your life! And they are perfect! Wish I was 20 again! Enjoy!

Truth.

• Options
    weddingparadeweddingparade Posts: 1,179
    i have too much stuff.
    there, i said it.
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,359
    The $90 I didn't spend on a mystery box will go towards trying to get tickets for the upcoming US tour dates. I have enough merch, but I definitely need to attend more shows!
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    I'll trade my mystery box for one week of the college life
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,878
    RP112579 said:

The $90 I didn't spend on a mystery box will go towards trying to get tickets for the upcoming US tour dates. I have enough merch, but I definitely need to attend more shows!

good point! :)

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,431
    MayDay10 said:

I'll trade my mystery box for one week of the college life

Haha nice. So true.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    Holy schnikies they were $90?! Woah. Definitely glad I saved my dough.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209

Yep, $75 with $15 shipping
  • Options
    HongKongHongKong Posts: 312
    I'LL GIVE ALL MY PJ STUFF AWAY FOR ONE MORE MONTH OF MY FREASHMAN YEAR!
    were the greatest days.
    ET, Wi 08-29-92
    Mke, Wi 07-09-95
    Mke, Wi 07-08-95
    ET, Wi 06-27-98
    Tibetan FC (EV)99 East Troy, WI, US
    ET, Wi 10-08-00
    ET, Wi 06-21-03
    Mke, Wi 06-30-06
    Lolla Chi, Il 08-05-07
    EV Mke 08.19.08
    PJ20, Wi 09-04-11
    PJ20, Wi 09-03-11
  • Options

This thread started off so nice.

To the OP, like someone earlier mentioned, don't fret over stuff. use your limited resources to do cool things ie road trip, go to some shows at a local venue, or go for a nice meal with friends. Save the $90 to come on up to MN when PJ announces a show here :)

IMO experiences are way more valuable than stuff which sits in a box in the bottom of a closet gathering dust and is forgotten about in a month. That's me though.

But it will be cool to see what peeps get.

Let's get this thread back on track.

Heck yea man. I actually just got back from Nola last night. Went chill with some friends at the house of blues!
    Thanks for the good vibes!
  • Options
    HongKong said:

I know all about them Ramen noodles... Lol and you are right man it's a ton of fun! Good vibes received and appreciated!
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    MedozK said:

Hope it's Worth it.
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    edited May 2014
    i_lov_it said:

MedozK said:

Hope it's Worth it.
    2 Shirts ($50), 2 Posters ($70), CD Boot ($17) and a few other little things. Should be worth it and what I dont like, I will donate to Elwayvedders charity.
  • Options
    jerseygenxjerseygenx Posts: 106
    Great thread! I'm excited to see what everyone gets in their Mystery Box! I ordered 1, and am eagerly awaiting the arrival. I told my hubby it was my Mother's Day gift! lol
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,537
    edited May 2014
    It turns out that unless there are LPs included, I don't really care, lol. Didn't completely realize that until these mystery boxes came along. Even before I realized that they're not available for Canadians (without emailing 10C) I thought, "I only want a big box of mystery LPs.". :P But I do think that the mystery of what will be in the box is fun for people, even if it is just left over crap for the most part.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,015
    I used to live and work in Louisiana and LOVED it! I was in Cotile Lake and Baton Rouge.
    Since the OP didn't get a box would he like a sticker? It's part of my Pay It Forward campaign.
    Someone started it in another thread and I am continuing it along.
  • Options
    GivenToLukinKPGivenToLukinKP Chicago Posts: 3,075
    If anyone is interested in entering for a sweetened mystery box-- INCLUDING ANY PEOPLE OUTSIDE OF THE US-- see this thread:

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/232544/mystery-box-contest-giveaway-international-10-clubbers-included#latest

Anyone who enters will get some kind of prize from us in their mailbox!
    Thanks for all the support!!
    Makes much more sense...

2011: East Troy, WI 1 & 2; Toronto ON 1 & 2; Hamilton ON
    2012: Berlin, Germany 1& 2; Stockholm Sweden; Oslo Norway; Copenhagen Denmark
    2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
    2014: Cincinnati, OH; St. Louis, MO; Moline, IL; Milwaukee, WI
    2016: Wrigley Field- Chicago 1&2
  • Options

Great thread! I'm excited to see what everyone gets in their Mystery Box! I ordered 1, and am eagerly awaiting the arrival. I told my hubby it was my Mother's Day gift! lol

Sounds like you got yourself a great gift! Lol
  • Options

I used to live and work in Louisiana and LOVED it! I was in Cotile Lake and Baton Rouge.
    Since the OP didn't get a box would he like a sticker? It's part of my Pay It Forward campaign.
    Someone started it in another thread and I am continuing it along.

Where did you work? Heck yeah, man! I'm not one to turn down free PJ merch
    :D