Options

CAKE RSD Box Set On Sale Now...

Comments

• Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    Yeah I'm excited but I just spent my vault 3 vinyl money on the cake box set. X_X
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,431
    I haven't gotten an email confirmation either Will.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    Ok I feel better not being the only one
    Lol
    Thanks buddy
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    I don't think anyone got one. In hindsight, it might have been less work I just send us confirmation emails then to take the time to manually reply to everyone asking about their orders.
  • Options
    For sure

Thanks dead man for this
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,006
    There probably weren't many of these on their site and I think all of 10C got them...
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957

There probably weren't many of these on their site and I think all of 10C got them...

yeah it sold out immediately after the email went out, which was four hours after our superhero posted the link.

• Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    just got my confirmation email at 10:34 PM
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    NormanNorman Posts: 109

Vinyl collective's forum went nuts about the same time. Big thanks to dead man.
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,431
    Norman said:

Vinyl collective's forum went nuts about the same time. Big thanks to dead man.
    Saw another guy on twitter, Slyvinyl, who posted on it, sold out shortly after this tweet. Broke the news that it was on the site for four hours prior. Again kudos to DMW. He gets the gold star of the day.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    I got my confirmation. It was in my junk folder on yahoo.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    Getting this is just as good as stumbling onto the LCD box at a second shop. I thought that I would never see either one.

Now if I could only find the REM box...

Thanks again to DMW and adusick.
  • Options
    I still haven't received a confirmation. I really hope my order didn't get pooched.
  • Options
    Same here.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,706
    I wish I knew who Cake were :)
  • Options
    GustieIIIGustieIII Posts: 231
    I checked my spam folder, that's where the confirmation ended up going for me!
    Like A Fist To The Jaw
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Yeah, that's why I'm a bit worried. My spam folder is empty.

Post edited by Dead Man Walking on
  • Options
    GustieIIIGustieIII Posts: 231
    Nice pics! I found one I hadn't seen before imagephoto image_zps8a4aa220.jpg" />
    Like A Fist To The Jaw
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    so a test pressing...

One might be in my package replacing a colored vinyl? But it would be autographed? Do test pressings have any less audio quality?
  • Options

I still haven't received a confirmation. I really hope my order didn't get pooched.

This would be sheer irony if you don't get one... I am hoping that you do indeed get one.
  • Options
    Test pressings would technically have the best audio quality as they would be the first ones pressed with the new plates. No one would ever be able to tell the difference though.

I emailed them about not receiving a tracking number and tehy replied in like 8 seconds with my info. So now I just sit and wait.

@Gustielll, That box looks very nice. That's not what I was expecting. I was expecting flimsy cardboard. It also looks fairly close to 13x13 so it should fit on the shelf without any issue either, which is really nice. Now I really can't wait to get this.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    this is great.

I havent heard all that much of Cake. At least deep in their albums, etc. I am really going to go through a journey of their catalog. I think Im really gonna dig it
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    MayDay10 said:

this is great.

I havent heard all that much of Cake. At least deep in their albums, etc. I am really going to go through a journey of their catalog. I think Im really gonna dig it

Yeah, that's a nice perk for people who bought it and aren't familiar with the bands entire catalog.
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    F5AgainstOneF5AgainstOne New Hampshire, USA Posts: 1,462
    I picked this up on RSD for $125 at local record store. Best purchase I've made in a while (including PJ stuff).
    EV Solo Boston 6/16/11
    East Troy 9/3/11
    East Troy 9/4/11
    Amsterdam 6/26/12
    Amsterdam 6/27/12
    Wrigley Field 7/19-20/13
    Worcester, MA 10/15/13
    Worcester, MA 10/16/13
    Hartford, CT 10/25/13
    Seattle, WA 12/06/13
    Denver, CO 10/22/14
    Fenway 2016 #1
    Fenway 2016 #2
    Fenway 2018 #1
    Fenway 2018 #2
  • Options
    I think it's silly that they charged crazy shipping and I didn't receive tracking info despite getting an email saying my order shipped.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I emailed them to make sure all was ok with my order. They replied .... "rec'd"

Better than a kick in the mouth I guess. Eh

:(|)
    Post edited by willbarclay on
  • Options
    From their FB page:
    CAKE Listeners, we have heard you! We will make an additional quantity of the 8-disc vinyl box set available via a pre-order system. This way, every person will have an opportunity to purchase the original vinyl box set format. We are moving back into production immediately. More details on how to pre-order your box set will follow shortly via the CAKE mailing list. In the meantime, we suggest you do not waste your money paying exorbitant prices to e-bay trolls.
    This doesn't bother me one bit as I didn't buy this for it's "potential value" or flip-ability. I wonder how some people feel though as it was meant to be a collectors item and now it's becoming more of a made-to-order. Thoughts?
  • Options
    How do I feel? I wish the boys here would do the same thing and allow us to spin some of their classics that I can't afford.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    well... I think it takes away some of the special feelings one might have about it. For sure.
    It is a nice set, no doubt. But its always nice to have a rare/limited piece.

at the same time, it is great to see some fans that missed out get another shot.
    Post edited by willbarclay on
  • Options
    I wonder if they will do it on colored vinyl still? It does kind of shit on the idea of a limited RSD release. Someone is always going to be pissed either way.