Options

Rock & Roll Ironies...

g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
edited April 2014 in Other Music
-Jim Morrison's only "real" talent was his lyric writing but the doors' most successful song 'Light my Fire" was written by Robby Kreiger

-Alanis Morissette's song "isn't it ironic" doesn't describe real ironic situations

-The only member of ZZ Top without a foot long beard is named Frank Beard

-"And I swear that I don't have a gun" -Kurt Cobain

-"Dude looks like a lady" -Steven Tyler

-Thompson Twins.....had three singers...

http://youtu.be/iiF-DRdGfnk

Anyone else have any..?
*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
.....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Post edited by g under p on

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,717
    Courtney Love once said "...saxophones don't belong in rock-n-roll". The irony is that originally in early rock and rock the saxophone was the lead instrument.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Some of the most laid back guys in Rock call themselves *RUSH*

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    Roger Daltery sang, hoped he'd die before he got old.

Peace

• Options
    jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775
    brianlux said:

Courtney Love once said "...saxophones don't belong in rock-n-roll". The irony is that originally in early rock and rock the saxophone was the lead instrument.

She meant to say flutes don't belong in rock and roll. I'm looking at you Jethro Tull.

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited April 2014
    jamburger said:

brianlux said:

She meant to say flutes don't belong in rock and roll. I'm looking at you Jethro Tull.

You mean the 1988 Grammy Award winners for Best Hard Rock/Metal Performance Vocal or Instrumental for Crest of a Knave? That Jethro Tull?

Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775
    ^^ Lars should have ripped the flute right out of his hand and beat him about the head with it.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited April 2014
    jamburger said:

^^ Lars should have ripped the flute right out of his hand and beat him about the head with it.

And then shoved it up his own ass.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    EarlWelshEarlWelsh Buffalo, NY Posts: 1,103
    jamburger said:

Perhaps the greatest irony in rock music is that it is believed Lars Ulrich is actually a good drummer.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,872
    The plane crash involving members of Lynrrd Skynrd when their album, "Street Survivors" came out days before and the on the cover the members that died had flames above them.

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    ......and of course the album cover was changed. Also that plane they crashed in was the same plane the band Aerosmith passed on.
    Sometime in early 1977, Steven Tyler and Joe Perry really wanted to rent one particular plane, a Convair CV-300, to use while touring that summer. Despite lots of pressure from Aerosmith's No. 1 and No. 2 in command, cooler (and likely less coke-addled) heads were called in to inspect the plane before any final decision was made. Not only was the plane itself declared unsafe, but the pilot and co-pilot were allegedly spotted passing a bottle of Jack Daniel's back and forth as the craft was being prepped for a flight. Needless to say, Steven Tyler and Joe Perry were finally convinced and passed on the plane.
    http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-near-deaths-that-almost-changed-music-history/

Peace

• Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,754
    This hip-hop group designed the following album cover in May 2001 to symbolize the destruction of capitalism.

350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    Treyert14Treyert14 Louisiana Posts: 924
    edited April 2014

This hip-hop group designed the following album cover in May 2001 to symbolize the destruction of capitalism.

Not good.
    Post edited by Treyert14 on
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    Hole's album Live Through This was released days after Kurt Cobain's suicide. Some of the song lyrics sounded like they were about his death.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,717
    Gotta jump back a couple of notches to say I saw Jethro Tull twice in the 80's. They were awesome- a couple of really great shows- great sound, great musicians - highly memorable.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.