TIME TO MOW THE LAWN

Comments

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    edited March 2016
    rgambs said:

RKCNDY said:

My house is bigger than my lawn...I spent so much time making sure the weeds were gone the first year we moved in...but the neighbors don't weed. So now I have weeds in the lawn.

I found a good natural solution to kill the weeds since there are too many to hand pull.

I don't get it, when I mow the weeds get mowed down with the grass...why do they need removed? 90% of them produce lovely flowers which feed the bugs of you let them get high enough, which doesn't happen if you mow.
    If I don't keep the weeds out, they will seed in my garden, and then weeds-being weeds-will choke out the plants I DO want to grow. Specifically the veggies.

Edited to add, now that it's spring, it's still raining pretty regularly, so we don't get the luxury of mowing every week. We just got over something like the weather raining for 3 weeks straight.
    Post edited by RKCNDY on
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141

Company came last week for an estimate, should have dates soon. Keeps raining like this and the first mow will be before they get the yard in shape. Need to have some earth moved and a stump taken care of this year as well. Going to cost!

Yeah I'm having a dead tree removed too.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    we have a small quaint yard that we will cut with no problem and that we will plant flowers on the side of with no problem..... there is a brand new Japanese maple tree in the middle which should grow good too, without a problem.

2 neighboring dogs come shit in the grass, those fucks. that's a problem.

chad will enact his nightly sleep apnea machine to go in circles with sod attached thereon to attract the one dog, whose name is LAZARUS, to come run and play. the other dog's name Is ANGEL. I guess that ain't a bad thing to trade to putting blinders on and pretending, real or not, whether there is one more cent necessary to spend on lawn care because there's probably not
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    RKCNDY said:

rgambs said:

RKCNDY said:

My house is bigger than my lawn...I spent so much time making sure the weeds were gone the first year we moved in...but the neighbors don't weed. So now I have weeds in the lawn.

I found a good natural solution to kill the weeds since there are too many to hand pull.

I don't get it, when I mow the weeds get mowed down with the grass...why do they need removed? 90% of them produce lovely flowers which feed the bugs of you let them get high enough, which doesn't happen if you mow.
    If I don't keep the weeds out, they will seed in my garden, and then weeds-being weeds-will choke out the plants I DO want to grow. Specifically the veggies.

Edited to add, now that it's spring, it's still raining pretty regularly, so we don't get the luxury of mowing every week. We just got over something like the weather raining for 3 weeks straight.
    Ok, that makes sense.
    I never considered the eradication of weeds to be a possibility lol. It isn't where I live, but I guess in town it may just be something that can be done.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    rollings said:

we have a small quaint yard that we will cut with no problem and that we will plant flowers on the side of with no problem..... there is a brand new Japanese maple tree in the middle which should grow good too, without a problem.

2 neighboring dogs come shit in the grass, those fucks. that's a problem.

chad will enact his nightly sleep apnea machine to go in circles with sod attached thereon to attract the one dog, whose name is LAZARUS, to come run and play. the other dog's name Is ANGEL. I guess that ain't a bad thing to trade to putting blinders on and pretending, real or not, whether there is one more cent necessary to spend on lawn care because there's probably not

I have an old Japanese Maple in the front of my house and it is really a cool looking tree when it blooms. Thing is purple. The rest of the time? Eh, just a tree.

Interesting names for those dogs. Come straight from the fairy tales I learned about as a kid. ;)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    funny stuff around here
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    rgambs,

back home i had a weed garden of sorts. i also would put weeds in the birdbath. it was the coolest god damn birdbath around. weeds are nothing at all that bothers me... nope, nope & nope. dandelions are beautiful, yellow things against green grass & really neat looking when seeding around the lands.

burning out tree stumps is fun.

the mrs. isn't to found of elephant dung from the neighbors. it's not my cup of tea either. however, growing up surrounded by farms & livestock & outhouses & endless smells of manure & other bad-news fluids & dust.

there's a dr. back home who lives in a elk pasture. his house sits in a muddy ass lot surrounded by elk, elk feed, hay bales & 4x4 truck & tractor ruts. he doesn't care much for lawn mowers

im good to go just a bit.

here's a funny true story for ya,
    in the earlier years i worked some farms & drove a manure truck hauling it out to fields & knifing/putting it in the ground as i drove along. we had plenty of customers who owned hog famers. so i pump the pits. i pull up to this high dollar farm with golf course meticulous lawn. i pull up next to the hogs w/ wheels on grass. i get screamed at for being on the lawn.

im thinking to myself, "hey fucker, who the heck? what the frigg? wow?! & you're a dick"
    nice golf course for the hogs & cows

the end

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick said:

rgambs,

back home i had a weed garden of sorts. i also would put weeds in the birdbath. it was the coolest god damn birdbath around. weeds are nothing at all that bothers me... nope, nope & nope. dandelions are beautiful, yellow things against green grass & really neat looking when seeding around the lands.

burning out tree stumps is fun.

the mrs. isn't to found of elephant dung from the neighbors. it's not my cup of tea either. however, growing up surrounded by farms & livestock & outhouses & endless smells of manure & other bad-news fluids & dust.

there's a dr. back home who lives in a elk pasture. his house sits in a muddy ass lot surrounded by elk, elk feed, hay bales & 4x4 truck & tractor ruts. he doesn't care much for lawn mowers

im good to go just a bit.

here's a funny true story for ya,
    in the earlier years i worked some farms & drove a manure truck hauling it out to fields & knifing/putting it in the ground as i drove along. we had plenty of customers who owned hog famers. so i pump the pits. i pull up to this high dollar farm with golf course meticulous lawn. i pull up next to the hogs w/ wheels on grass. i get screamed at for being on the lawn.

im thinking to myself, "hey fucker, who the heck? what the frigg? wow?! & you're a dick"
    nice golf course for the hogs & cows

the end

Weeds are the drug dealers of the lawn. They must be eradicated.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,483
    If I could get rid of my grass, and just have a yard of dandelions, I would. Beautiful flowers.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
    edited March 2016
    Malroth said:

If I could get rid of my grass, and just have a yard of dandelions, I would. Beautiful flowers.

Evil, yellow, mother fuckers corrupting my yard. I'm gonna build a wall around my yard and deport all dandelions.

My neighbor's gonna pay for it.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Just scheduled a spring clean-up for next week. After that, I have a giant hole in the front lawn due to a plumbing issue that it will be time to deal with. Will be my first spring/summer with my own lawn....should be interesting considering I have no idea what the hell I am doing out there.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587

Just scheduled a spring clean-up for next week. After that, I have a giant hole in the front lawn due to a plumbing issue that it will be time to deal with. Will be my first spring/summer with my own lawn....should be interesting considering I have no idea what the hell I am doing out there.

Buy yourself a little push mower and some bright orange spandex shorts. Perhaps a neon green tank top. Some blue kicks. Headband that says PUMA on it. Pop on some Culture Club in your iPod and be sure to sing out I'll Tumble 4 Ya at the top of your lungs when you do the first mow.
    Please video this and share with us.
    JK. (sort of)
    Congrats on the first lawn. Have fun mowing for the first month and then being annoyed to have to do it for the rest of the year. :)
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723

Buy yourself a little push mower and some bright orange spandex shorts. Perhaps a neon green tank top. Some blue kicks. Headband that says PUMA on it. Pop on some Culture Club in your iPod and be sure to sing out I'll Tumble 4 Ya at the top of your lungs when you do the first mow.
    Please video this and share with us.
    JK. (sort of)
    Congrats on the first lawn. Have fun mowing for the first month and then being annoyed to have to do it for the rest of the year. :)

LOL. We've been at the house since late September so I did have to cut the lawn a couple times. Didn't mind it so much since I hadn't mowed a lawn since I was in high school at my parents house. But yeah, having to do it once a week for the next 5-6 months will probably get pretty damn annoying. Just living that suburban dream!
    Amen brother.

I know last year someone posted that buff chick with the huge fake tits mowing.
    I like that -- and this as well, albeit in a different way entirely.

Malroth said:

Evil, yellow, mother fuckers corrupting my yard. I'm gonna build a wall around my yard and deport all dandelions.

this cracks me up. juggler is a funny guy.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick said:

Malroth said:

this cracks me up. juggler is a funny guy.
    You think this is a joke?

Wall just got 10 feet taller.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Can someone who understands technology better than a 5 year old please post a gif for Indifference71?
    http://i.imgur.com/p6QZw.gif

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    im a bit slow on the draw

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    Thank you lady and gentlesir.

Chadwick is better at technology than me.
    Damn, I think I might be pretty proud of that lol
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382

Wobbie said:

and, juggler? female pee is the worst.

I've only had female dogs. Is this right? I never knew there was a difference.
    oh, yes. 100% true.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    just kidding
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382

Amen brother.

I know last year someone posted that buff chick with the huge fake tits mowing.
    I like that -- and this as well, albeit in a different way entirely.

nerd alert!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Google Maps updated my house and captured some lawn striping. Think this was a couple years ago

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582

Google Maps updated my house and captured some lawn striping. Think this was a couple years ago

Nice fence
    Impressive. Google Maps re-ups for me a few times a year it seems like. I can tell based on my cool cover being on or off and it has changed a handful of times. (Just checked now and the cover is on...the last time I saw the pool was open.)
    Google maps shows my house in 2015 right now lol
    Dusted off the ol’ lawn striper today

chinese-happy.jpg
    My neighbor cuts his grass too short 

chinese-happy.jpg