Options

Coke Bottle Ten photos

13»

Comments

• Options
    KC2917KC2917 Posts: 871
    BMo-643 said:

You're keeping it sealed because you hope it turns into a gold brick down the road. Don't deny it! =))

I mean, I do hope its value skyrockets...can't deny that. I'm an impulsive guy, I literally don't own anything thats sealed. But I don't think I'll have an issue keeping this sealed because its nothing new. Its simply the Ten Remastered album on a clear record. Don't feel the need to see it and there's nothing new on it to listen to so I feel no impulse to spin it. It will go into my PJ collection and hopefully appreciate in value...lol.
    I hate to be a buzzkill but most people who bought one are keeping theirs sealed so that won't help the value at all down the road. And I wouldn't hold your breath hoping this will be the next Benny. It's cool, but still just a gimmicky collectors piece. I do agree though, what's the point of opening it to play it when you already have a dozen other versions of it?
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    edited April 2014
    What's the point in buying one to keep it sealed when you have several vinyl copies of Ten already? Do you guys get these out on occasion and stare at its sealed glory, stroke it like Gollum did his 'precious'? I just don't get it....open that shit up and play it! Clear/bottle coloured wax looks badass on a turntable!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    edited April 2014

What's the point in buying one to keep it sealed when you have several vinyl copies of Ten already? Do you guys get these out on occasion and stare at its sealed glory, stroke it like Gollum did his 'precious'? I just don't get it....open that shit up and play it! Clear/bottle coloured wax looks badass on a turntable!

I think the point is to have it, and, for a lot of people, to decide what to do with it later. I know that if I see any PJ vinyl come up I buy it without even thinking about why I want it. I buy ALL PJ vinyl because I have a PJ vinyl collection! .... I have opened everything so far, except the Sevens, which I traded for a poster, although when I bought it I had every intention of playing it. So maybe I'll trade this thing for something later, maybe I'll give it away at some point, donate it for a fund raising raffle, or open it. I don't know yet.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,847
    Just got mine today in NC.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    a5pj said:

Post some pictures when you open it.
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    a colored record that ppl have 4-5 other versions of?...its no wonder ppl aren't opening/playing them. Great trade bait! ;)
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    tribejammer05tribejammer05 W'Ville, OH Posts: 694
    I wish I would've gotten one of these just to open and post photos and see the shit fly!
    "There's a $10,000 bill in it for you."
    "Oh yeah? Which president's on it?"
    "Uh, all of them. They're having a party. Jimmy Carter's passed out on the couch."

Columbus 2000
    Columbus 2003
    Hershey 2003
    Toledo 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Chicago/Lollapalooza 2007
    Columbus 2010
    Chicago/Wrigley 2013
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Portland 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    edited April 2014
    If I ever get one I WILL open it and post pics...lol

I may not play it, but I will definitely take the vinyl out and give it a once over. I log my collection, so I need to get the runout/matrix numbers anyway.
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    The mailman hasn't been here today, and I was so hoping it would arrive today. I, for one, have an original Ten from 1991. But I don't have the Redux yet. I will definitely open and spin this. Now where's the mailman when you need him most?
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    edited April 2014
    If people want to keep them sealed go for it.

I am sure the 10club has a nice stack sealed and ready to be sold at future pop up shops anyway
    Post edited by jervin007 on
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    edited April 2014
    I ordered things other than the coke ten from Newbury. I was so excited to see a package from them today...turns out it was everything I ordered except the ten...ugh. They shipped the same day but received one confirmation in the am and PJ in the afternoon. Looks like I wait another day.
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,847
    MedozK said:

a5pj said:

Post some pictures when you open it.
    lol I will prob open it, look at it, then put it back haha.
    Nah i'll prob play the heck out of it, my record room/man cave in our new house is almost done.

Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,419
    Completed a trade with another board member yesterday... picked up a 2005 Borgata poster for my CB10. And he will be opening and spinning the record so everyone wins.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    Received two things from Newbury in the mail yesterday! They are pretty!

• Options
    oysterjaroysterjar NH Posts: 1,235
    Anyone get their 10C copy yet? There is no tracking information from mail innovations.

Wind this thing up.

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    edited April 2014
    so I am one of two "dum-dums" who opened this thing?
    I got mine Monday from Newbury
    The grooves look very trippy when its spinning.

• Options

What's hard 'not to get'? Are you serious?

What's truly hard 'not to get' is the coveting 'yettthhhh myyyy preshioussttthhh' attitude you speak of that exists within the people that miss out on such offerings. Do you really need 10 on clear vinyl so much that you will pay $200 for it? Especially when you already own a copy of it on regular vinyl?

If people wouldn't light their hair on fire and open up their paypal accounts every time they miss out on an item... people wouldn't be inclined to preserving the condition of things they buy. "Hmmmm. Spin a record that I already own in two other formats... or... collect $200 from some guy in Missouri? Hmmmm?"
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    oysterjar said:

Anyone get their 10C copy yet? There is no tracking information from mail innovations.

For Mail Innovations, go to UPS, and with the tracking options, search under reference number. Put n your order number with a "1" at the end and your zip code. Mine updated overnight and has been shipped and I should have it Saturday or Monday.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,878

oysterjar said:

For Mail Innovations, go to UPS, and with the tracking options, search under reference number. Put n your order number with a "1" at the end and your zip code. Mine updated overnight and has been shipped and I should have it Saturday or Monday.
    Thanks for this...will give it a try.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    BHealyBHealy Flagstaff, Arizona Posts: 466

oysterjar said:

Thanks! It looks like mine should get here on Saturday.
  • Options
    oysterjaroysterjar NH Posts: 1,235

oysterjar said:

I had tried before without the 1, tried again with the 1 and no results. I tried again without the 1 in front and saw that UPS has it. Thanks for the help.

Wind this thing up.

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,878
    Mine is still in Auburn, WA and not scheduled to get here until Saturday. :-(

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    moretonbayfigmoretonbayfig Australia Posts: 805
    MayDay10 said:

That's a gorgeous little gem! Lovely to see it bringing you joy B-) \m/
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515

What's hard 'not to get'? Are you serious?

What's truly hard 'not to get' is the coveting 'yettthhhh myyyy preshioussttthhh' attitude you speak of that exists within the people that miss out on such offerings. Do you really need 10 on clear vinyl so much that you will pay $200 for it? Especially when you already own a copy of it on regular vinyl?

If people wouldn't light their hair on fire and open up their paypal accounts every time they miss out on an item... people wouldn't be inclined to preserving the condition of things they buy. "Hmmmm. Spin a record that I already own in two other formats... or... collect $200 from some guy in Missouri? Hmmmm?"
    Totally. It's not the owners of these things that drive the market.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    jm257212jm257212 Posts: 409
    Its the 10c fans who drive the flippers on ebay. Look at what on ebay has bids? The items that people here desperately want. Of course some items are truly rare but other items are hot because 10c people HAVE to have it. If only 10c fans could resist the urge to have "it" now, maybe the demand wouldn't be worth the flip. A whole lot of veruca salt going on here.
    I hope all who desire this can get it, I will bide my time.
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    MayDay10 said:

Puurrrdy!
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.