Options

Milton keynes help

Hi,

Any English Milton Keynes fan that can help me out with giving information about trains and hotels?
I arrive on the Friday and leave on the saturday. Should I get an hotel in Milton Keynes (very expensive!) or can I take a train after the show? And if I take the train do I have to buy the tickets upfront on the internet because there seem to bemany train companies...

Thanks for the info and see you there! ;-)

Comments

• Options
    you can get one on the train most likely depends where your traveling to?
    If i was ever the problem, i'd certainly never admit it...
  • Options
    If i was ever the problem, i'd certainly never admit it...
  • Options
    Personally I would stay in London and take the train there and back.
    Cheaper than staying in Milton Keynes
    Sealed vinyl is bad vinyl.
    1996 Wmbly London
    2006 Jools Holland, London / Reading festival
    2007 Wmbly London
    2009 SBE London / O2 London
    2012 MEN 1/ MEN 2 / Berlin 1 / Berlin 2 / EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2013 NY 1/ NY 2 / Philly 1 / Philly 2
    2014 AMS 1 / AMS 2 / Leeds / MK
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2
  • Options
    moretonbayfigmoretonbayfig Australia Posts: 805
    I'm travelling to UK from OS too - we're booked to stay in a London and plan to travel to and from MK on the day by train. OP, feel free to PM me if you like, I'm probably just as clueless about the train though - haven't booked seats yet.
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,692
    Anyone know if its easy to get to Luton after the show?
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    Milton Keynes is on the euston line so will not go past luton
    COYS!
  • Options
    Great guys, thanks! Will be staying in london then I guess, now start looking for a place ;-)
  • Options
    moretonbayfigmoretonbayfig Australia Posts: 805
    I just booked tickets on the coach @ 30GBP per ticket ( refer to home page) http://www.biggreencoach.co.uk/pearljamcoach
    This made my planning a little easier :D
  • Options

I just booked tickets on the coach @ 30GBP per ticket ( refer to home page) http://www.biggreencoach.co.uk/pearljamcoach
    This made my planning a little easier :D

according to the link, the last train leaves (for london) is 2315. what if the gig takes longer?

according to google maps, it would take you 30 minutes on foot to get to the train station. anybody know if they arrange for transportation to the train station?

• Options
    guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281
    dont know if this helps but i wasnt sure about getting train , coach or parking car at venue as happens we have paid £6 and our car is gonna be parked on someones drive its a great system for those that dont want to get stuck in car parks ect
  • Options
    rock4everrock4ever Posts: 237
    The car parks are pretty good around the venue , there is a big industrial estate , where you can park which is not the official car park , saw the foo's there , If I remember right didn't even pay to park on the industrial estate even though some companies did charge , and then 5/10 mins walk and then got out pretty quick , if your aiming to be in the pit I wouldn't worry about getting stuck in a car park ;-)