Options

New Mad Season song "Leviathan" played after M's game

Did anyone else see this? Is there going to be an album? They played it at the end of the M's post game show. It was credited to McCready/Mckagen/Martin?????

Comments

• Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,598
    Instrumental?
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,890
    edited April 2014
    Was it the Mark Lanegan song "Leviathan" off Blues Funeral?

http://open.spotify.com/track/7gtJkErxVSaPJzxcSvuWtl
    Post edited by kasedoug on
  • Options
    GustieIIIGustieIII Posts: 231
    edited April 2014
    New Walking Papers?
    Edit: can't get a link to work, but just google it!
    Post edited by GustieIII on
    Like A Fist To The Jaw
  • Options
    GustieIII said:

New Walking Papers?

google what, exactly? The only discussion related to Leviathan and McCready is this thread.
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    In related news pretty cool that Duff is back with Axl.

He's the replacement while Tommy is off being a Replacement
  • Options
    kramer73 said:

GustieIII said:

New Walking Papers?

google what, exactly? The only discussion related to Leviathan and McCready is this thread.
    You are correct, I wasn't totally clear. I was referring to the combo of McCready/McKagen/Martin credited as songwriters for Leviathan and are also members of Walking Papers. I meant to link to a Wikipedia article showing the band lineup, but I'm on mobile and it's difficult to navigate!

Did anyone else see this? Is there going to be an album? They played it at the end of the M's post game show. It was credited to McCready/Mckagen/Martin?????

Like A Fist To The Jaw
  • Options
    Yeah, I was thinking it could be a new Walking Papers song, but the trio is also working on some old Mad Season/Disinformation demos, so it could be part of that.

If this is something new, I'm a little surprised at the way he decided to introduce it.
  • Options
    As long as we get it on vinyl ;)
    Like A Fist To The Jaw
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    Not clear on what is happening from reading this thread.... can someone please clarify if Mark Lanegan is involved? :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Not clear on what is happening from reading this thread.... can someone please clarify if Mark Lanegan is involved? :)

Still a mystery, which I was hoping would be solved today.

• Options
    PN3987PN3987 Portland, OR Posts: 34
    I heard the song very cool. here is a lint to the article about it. http://www.antiquiet.com/music/2013/03/mike-mccready-duff-mckagan-and-barrett-martin-start-new-side-project/ McCready was interviewed. It sounds like Root Sports is going to get a couple of tracks to use during its broadcast.
  • Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,624
    That article is over a year old, makes no mention of an unreleased track played at Safeco and says nothing about Root sports having the rights to other unreleased tracks. I'm not sure what you read.
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Options
    robbierobbie Posts: 882
    Just played it on tv. Befire mariner game. It was cedited "Leviathan"-Mad Season
  • Options
    EB218946EB218946 Posts: 3,825
    miss layne such an amazing talent