vinyl pricing

edited April 2014 in The Porch
Hi I am just curious as to how PJ vinyl is going for these days I have a pretty good idea how much their studio albums go for but am a little more interested in
Lost Dogs
RVM
LOTL (2 legs)
LOTL (10 legs)
PJ20 (I forgot to addthis to the list when posting earlier)
I am after sealed and opened vinyl prices

i also know people will say "vinyl is worth how ever much your willing to pay for it"
just after a rough guide how much people are buying/selling for, please include your currency so i can do the conversion

and no i dont have the listed vinyl to sell. cheers
Post edited by yellowledbetterman80 on

Comments

• oysterjaroysterjar NH Posts: 1,235
    Check ebay for average price paid over so many months. That's the easiest way.

Wind this thing up.

• evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,102
    Lost Dogs: $275-$300
    RVM: Same
    LO2L: Same
    LOTL: like... $30 maybe.

Prices in USD. I do not know what "after sealed and opened" means... But these prices are close for either sealed OR opened as they are very sought after and an opened one will still see high auctions at eBay. With luck and less eBay traffic, you could get some of these for the low $200's, but you'd have to be patient and keep a close eye on the 'bay for a while.
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,860
    those prices look pretty correct based on the bay and board prices
    Lost Dogs: $275-$300
    RVM: Same
    LO2L: Here I would say closer to 100-150
    LOTL: like... $30 maybe, still pretty new so prices are low.

if the vinyl is in good shape sealed usually is not important. For that stuff it is a lot of cash.

• Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    LO2L goes for $150 tops
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    Sealed Lost Dogs have been selling on eBay recently for $275-$300. Opened ones are on the downswing, too.
  • evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,102
    The last couple or three LO2L have sold for $125-$135 or so, but one in March sold for $230. Thanks for clearing up the price though; I was definitely shooting too high.
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181

Sealed Lost Dogs have been selling on eBay recently for $275-$300. Opened ones are on the downswing, too.

Yeah, tax season spiked Lost Dogs. I saw a sealed one go for somewhere around $450...nuts! Nice to hear it coming back down to earth

PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    edited April 2014
    jervin007 said:

Yeah, tax season spiked Lost Dogs. I saw a sealed one go for somewhere around $450...nuts! Nice to hear it coming back down to earth

That's a lot of Cash.

Post edited by i_lov_it on
  • Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    I didn't want to start a new thread about this, but can someone tell me why RVM is so expensive?! I understand the inflation of some of the studio albums and some of the collectables, but why does this go for so much?! it's just a compilation album. Alot of Pearl Jam fans love the b-sides/deep cuts and wouldnt find themselves listening to an album full of singles. Or would they? What am I missing?
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    There are 4 records in RVM. More records = more $$$ in the vinyl market. $-)
    www.cluthelee.com
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090

There are 4 records in RVM. More records = more $$$ in the vinyl market. $-)

Also, new mixes of SOLAT, few differences outside of the songs from Ten that eventually ended up on the redux. So, IMO there are a few 'versions' not found anywhere else, plus MOTH. Ok, mind getting overloaded here! Hahahaha!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    I have been trying to score some good shaped PJ vinyl over the last two weeks plus on ebay so I can give you very accurate numbers as one auction hasn't gone by in awhile that I wasn't monitoring.

LO2L: Selling for $250 - $300 right now. Last one went for almost $300
    LO10L: Its up to $50 - $60
    PJ20: Rarely is going up for bid. There are some buy it nows for over $300 but that is it. I have seen a few on amazon and elsewhere for $150 - $200 sealed.
    Lost Dogs: One sold for $295 this weekend in really good shape. Not many have gone up since I have been watching. Maybe 2 and that is it. Only PJ20 I have seen less.

All of that is too much for me so I haven't purchased anything. I have hopes more reasonable priced stuff will hit Lost Dogs for someone not looking to flip but to love and enjoy it. I'm new to vinyl (my wife hates this band/club right now as I picked up this new expensive habit from you all) but this has been fun even though I didn't spend anything yet on PJ stuff. Bought other stuff but no PJ yet.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,341
    Have you checked out discogs? I actually prefer it to ebay because it has fixed prices. And sometimes you get lucky there too. A bit ago I scored a sealed Yield copy for 50 dollars there.
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    I have been watching there also. It seems the ebay craze hit Discogs. 90% is over sees and more than ebay prices. I am patient and set dollar limits on different pieces. I do see them hit lost dogs for what I am looking for but they go so damn fast if the prices are good. Friday someone offered some copies for $150 (what I am looking to spend) but they were all sold within an hour. If it wasn't at 4am I might have been able to score one of them. Thank you for the advice. I will keep looking there with the hopes of getting lucky.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle