Options

Into the Wild - Vinyl

I'm slowly piecing together a vinyl collection and just picked up the Into the Wild soundtrack from Amazon.

Why is this thing still available? Am I missing something.....does it sound terrible? Was there a huge run pressed?

With all the craziness and panic surrounding PJ-related vinyl, it seems odd that this is still widely available.

Any insight?

Comments

• Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,234
    Repress. Still a great piece.
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,140
    Sounds awesome, don't worry. They repressed it and they're still available
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    The NorthThe North Posts: 95

Repress. Still a great piece.

Thanks....I can't wait to hear it. On another note.....It makes me laugh that my post had 3 views and one response before I even refreshed the screen......great community, thanks everyone!
  • Options
    you will NOT be disappointed with the sound of this on wax. definitely one of my favorite PJ related releases.
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • Options
    RedMosquito02RedMosquito02 Posts: 2,560

you will NOT be disappointed with the sound of this on wax. definitely one of my favorite PJ related releases.

^^ this ^^
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,103
    There was an original pressing that was only available on the 10c website and an online vinyl website (can't remember what it was called anymore). The original pressing was pretty limited. Music on Vinyl did a reissue a few years back, and I don't think it was limited.
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Aural Exploits
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    ITW (both pressings) is near or at the top for PJ vinyl sound quality
  • Options
    Zod said:

There was an original pressing that was only available on the 10c website and an online vinyl website (can't remember what it was called anymore). The original pressing was pretty limited. Music on Vinyl did a reissue a few years back, and I don't think it was limited.

I got both copies of mine at Reckless in Chicago. Two separate locations held one for me.
  • Options

Zod said:

I got both copies of mine at Reckless in Chicago. Two separate locations held one for me.
    Thats true, very limited quantities were also mad available to some local record shops. Many of them kept them for themselves when they realized the prices they were selling for.
  • Options
    First press is out of 1,000

MOV version is probably way more than 5k.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,103
    I thought the first press was 10c only and the only reason that online store (auralexploits?) got access was become somehow they were involved in the process. I didn't think any of the OP versions made it to records stores beyond that?

It's pretty easy to tell an OP from the MoV version. All of the Original Pressings came with the free 7" bonus single (No More).
  • Options
    Yep, some records stores did get them in stock. I remember calling my local shop and asking if they received any. They said they did, but they were looking for $200 per because "that was how much they were selling for".
  • Options
    NormanNorman Posts: 109
    Sonic boom in Seattle had some first pressings
  • Options
    whoyouare72whoyouare72 Chicago IL Posts: 2,070
    Zod said:

I got the only one that reckless records in Chicago had available. Right after the ten club sale I called them and they said they only got one copy. It was $40 instead of $20 like the ten club had.

• Options

Zod said:

I got the only one that reckless records in Chicago had available. Right after the ten club sale I called them and they said they only got one copy. It was $40 instead of $20 like the ten club had.

See my above post. I got one from Reckless on Broadway and Milwaukee.

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    As an owner of re-pressings and originals, if you are playing your records through a shitty set up, neither will sound great. Invest in a decent set up (think about throwing most of your $$ at receiver and speakers) and your vinyl will make good on the investment.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    whoyouare72whoyouare72 Chicago IL Posts: 2,070

Zod said:

See my above post. I got one from Reckless on Broadway and Milwaukee.

maybe they just told me that was the only copy they got to justify the $40?(seemed expensive at the time)

• Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    edited April 2014

As an owner of re-pressings and originals, if you are playing your records through a shitty set up, neither will sound great. Invest in a decent set up (think about throwing most of your $$ at receiver and speakers) and your vinyl will make good on the investment.

People will pay more for an LP, than they invest in their system. Silly people. 8-}
    Post edited by buck502000 on
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141

People will pay more for a LP, than they invest in their system. Silly people. 8-}
    Part of the equation for some, not for all though. I think some do make a concerted effort to learn though as this, IMHO, isn't a 'plug and play' situation. Ah, just the nerdy audiophile in me coming out here. Carry on.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    GratefulJamGratefulJam Posts: 1,782
    OK i need some recommendations on a turntable. I have a Klipsch 6 piece speaker system 4 plus center and 12 inch woofer.

I have an older sony receover which will have to do for now.

Ideas? please

People will pay more for a LP, than they invest in their system. Silly people. 8-}
    Part of the equation for some, not for all though. I think some do make a concerted effort to learn though as this, IMHO, isn't a 'plug and play' situation. Ah, just the nerdy audiophile in me coming out here. Carry on.
    "thru extensive negotiations we managed to get the curfew moved back..... we still don't have any time to fu&k around...."

LA II 06, SB 06, SF III 06, Kokua 07 Ed and Jack, Grant Park 07, EV Berk1 & LA 1 (nice job 10c), 08 DC, MSG1 &2, VH1 rocks, EV Bos II, EV NYC I & II, Milwaukee, EV Maui, EV Hono I & II, Chicago 09 I & II, LA 09 I & II & IV, SD 09 (my girlfriend hit the lottery, best concert of my life 10C rocks)KC 2010, STL 2010, Hartford. Boston, and MSG I & II "who goes around skinning cats anyway", PJ 20 2011 , Portland, Spokane, Seattle LA 2013, Home Shows + Missoula (fatal 👌)
  • Options
    Release EVRelease EV Posts: 1,999
    Am after an Original SEALED ITW...be great if someone wanted to rid themselves of one.
  • Options
    kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    I just bought "Into the wild" Vinyl yesterday from amazon europe for only 24,-€ !!! Never thought it would be so cheap so I
    am very happy. Can´t wait - it will arrive on Friday.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,735
    @pearljamonline.it

Eddie Vedder | Into The Wild on Vinyl!
    (180 grams audiophile vinyl / Gatefold Sleeve + 28 page booklet)

BUY NOW!
    ITA http://tinyurl.com/IntoTheWild-Vinyl
    USA http://tinyurl.com/ITW-Vinyl
  • Options
    What is the going rate on a sealed original ITW?
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,766

OK i need some recommendations on a turntable. I have a Klipsch 6 piece speaker system 4 plus center and 12 inch woofer.

Ideas? please

Denon speakers or amp....Numark turntable.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    I guess one of the draws of the original is that it comes from Vinyl Films which is run by Cameron Crowe. They don't have a huge catalog cuz they only put out amazing stuff. Love that label
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    edited April 2014

Not you being nerdy. It's a fact that vinyl is useless in terms of great sound if you don't have a good system (and $$$ should also be thrown at the turntable and cartridge, not just the receiver and speakers. I think it's the player and the cartridge and the speakers that are most important, not the receiver (not that a good receiver doesn't matter). People who love vinyl but play it on one of those suitcase players with the built in speakers either don't know any better, or are absolutely not interested in vinyl because of the sound. They just like holding the album and watching it spin.... Which is fine, if that's what turns their crank. I do like holding the album and even watching records spin, but mostly I love that vinyl sound, so I made a decent system a priority (Denon turntable with Ortofon cartridge, Onkyo receiver, Klipsch speakers).
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    GratefulJamGratefulJam Posts: 1,782
    These numarks seem to be reasonable any particular model i should be looking at.

Most I am going to spend is $175? Is that enough to get some quality sound.

Ideas? please

Ideas? please

"thru extensive negotiations we managed to get the curfew moved back..... we still don't have any time to fu&k around...."

LA II 06, SB 06, SF III 06, Kokua 07 Ed and Jack, Grant Park 07, EV Berk1 & LA 1 (nice job 10c), 08 DC, MSG1 &2, VH1 rocks, EV Bos II, EV NYC I & II, Milwaukee, EV Maui, EV Hono I & II, Chicago 09 I & II, LA 09 I & II & IV, SD 09 (my girlfriend hit the lottery, best concert of my life 10C rocks)KC 2010, STL 2010, Hartford. Boston, and MSG I & II "who goes around skinning cats anyway", PJ 20 2011 , Portland, Spokane, Seattle LA 2013, Home Shows + Missoula (fatal 👌)
  • Options

These numarks seem to be reasonable any particular model i should be looking at.

Most I am going to spend is $175? Is that enough to get some quality sound.

Ideas? please

Ideas? please

IMHO, do yourself a favor and stay away from any Numark TT.