Options

Anybody else have a friend that dislikes PJ but have never listened to it?

EddieisNumber1EddieisNumber1 Brisbane, Australia Posts: 49
My best friend is like that.. He says it's gay and he's never listened to it, such an idiot. He likes Drake and all those shitty singers today and i say they're gay lol.

Nobody is going to remember Drake in 20 years time.

Anybody else have a friend like that?

Comments

• Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    Ha, I know what you're talking about. I have plenty of friends who all think I'm "gay" because of my PJ addiction. They give me shit constantly, and they're my age so they were in 7th/8th grade when ten came out. When we go golfing I apparently become Ed's boyfriend or something to all of them.
    Just ignore them. There just aren't too many other bands out there that captivate their fans as much as PJ do.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    Friends that don't like PJ? Who needs them
  • Options

Friends that don't like PJ? Who needs them

True dat!
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    photo quotation-bob-dylan-criticism-meetville-quotes-255021_zpsef967e4e.jpg
  • Options
    JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    Disliking something you don't even know is like a virgin who dislikes sex.. and even more stupid, disliking something (that you don't even know, by the way) because it's "gay" is so "five years old".. I guess you either are five years old, or you seriously need to reconsider your friends..
  • Options

Disliking something you don't even know is like a virgin who dislikes sex.. and even more stupid, disliking something (that you don't even know, by the way) because it's "gay" is so "five years old".. I guess you either are five years old, or you seriously need to reconsider your friends..

True, again!

• Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    I don't have any friends that do this - kinda harass me or ruffle my feathers >:/ lol - but I find myself hoarding my PJ love. I often don't like to talk to my family and friends about PJ because it's such a big part of my life, I don't like others messing with it/me. I protect it. It may sound silly.....but I tend to be the private type anyway.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Yup, but I don't care. I like what I like & they like what they like.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    I think the problem is that you have a friend calling things "gay". In this day and age, this is not a friend you should be acquainted with. Grow up.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385

I think the problem is that you have a friend calling things "gay". In this day and age, this is not a friend you should be acquainted with. Grow up.

Very true.

I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    oh sh*t, I forgot, take them to a live PJ show. That should help them understand.
  • Options

I'm not getting upset because he says it's gay. I'm just saying he's a moron because he's never even listened to them. You can't say music is good or bad until you've listened to it. He's still a great friend.

• Options

oh sh*t, I forgot, take them to a live PJ show. That should help them understand.

Yeah i should hey. hahahahahahahaha

• Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,517
    What about a wife that can't tolerate the band?
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    oysterjaroysterjar NH Posts: 1,235
    100 Pacer said:

Patience.

Wind this thing up.

• Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    100 Pacer said:

Wait! :-t Can't tolerate!? That sux.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    oysterjaroysterjar NH Posts: 1,235
    My wife couldn't either but I brought her to a concert and help explain some of the insanity around PJ people. She now has some of the songs on her iTunes. I also explain how most of her music is garbage :))

Wind this thing up.

• Options
    100 Pacer said:

She must assimilate, must assimilate, must assimilate, must assimilate......................photo 160906529_pearl-jam-black-shirt-pj20-2011-rare-zombie-halloween-_zps713caf05.jpg
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    it