hedonist wrote: »
    Jason P wrote: »
    th?id=HN.608006905250516288&pid=15.1&P=0
    :-D
    I like Jay, and he has great taste in cars.

i don't like jay. i wonder if riverss likes jay...

riverss? care to chime in?
    What've you got against Jay? It's his chin, isn't it?

My sister and I had his home number years ago - can't remember how we obtained it, but I do remember his answering machine message of "Neither Mavis nor I can come to the phone right now..."

i just do not find him funny,..however the answer machine message ---now that's funny. did you ever prank him?

i wonder if rrivers likes jay leno...
    We never did, but in hindsight I wish it'd happened; probably couldn't get away with that nowadays.

Here's an odd coincidence though - Jay once called ME looking for Fred De Cordova, who was the producer of the Tonight Show when it was under Carson's reign. This must've been around the time when Jay took it over. Turns out my number was one digit off from Fred's.

Talk about regretting not pranking!

wow. i'm very disappointed in you for not taking advantage of the pranking potential you had there!

i wonder if rrivers is disappointed too. rrivers? care to chime in?
    I've been a little leery of pranks since the time I had a dozen pizzas delivered to my ex-best friend Julie's house because she dropped the e from her name and started dotting the i with a heart. I was 10 or 11...and freaked out when I heard sirens shortly after.

Do miss the days of almost pissing myself laughing while doing those random pick-a-name from the phone book pranks. Oh, to be 30 again :-D

Happy new year, rrivers!

Whaaaa? You were arrested at age 11 for a prank call?? Haha...to give you an idea of my maturity level, I did that to someone in college.

My young paranoid ass thought I was toast, but alas, was still bread.

Nice to see others with similar immature tendencies.

That Letterman fellow is quite the prankster too.

(topic integrity, you understand.)

Apologies to rrivers 8->

You think rrivers is too mature for prank calls?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Jason P wrote: »
    th?id=HN.608006905250516288&pid=15.1&P=0
    :-D
    I like Jay, and he has great taste in cars.

i don't like jay. i wonder if riverss likes jay...

riverss? care to chime in?
    What've you got against Jay? It's his chin, isn't it?

My sister and I had his home number years ago - can't remember how we obtained it, but I do remember his answering machine message of "Neither Mavis nor I can come to the phone right now..."

i just do not find him funny,..however the answer machine message ---now that's funny. did you ever prank him?

i wonder if rrivers likes jay leno...
    We never did, but in hindsight I wish it'd happened; probably couldn't get away with that nowadays.

Here's an odd coincidence though - Jay once called ME looking for Fred De Cordova, who was the producer of the Tonight Show when it was under Carson's reign. This must've been around the time when Jay took it over. Turns out my number was one digit off from Fred's.

Talk about regretting not pranking!

wow. i'm very disappointed in you for not taking advantage of the pranking potential you had there!

i wonder if rrivers is disappointed too. rrivers? care to chime in?
    I've been a little leery of pranks since the time I had a dozen pizzas delivered to my ex-best friend Julie's house because she dropped the e from her name and started dotting the i with a heart. I was 10 or 11...and freaked out when I heard sirens shortly after.

Do miss the days of almost pissing myself laughing while doing those random pick-a-name from the phone book pranks. Oh, to be 30 again :-D

Happy new year, rrivers!

Whaaaa? You were arrested at age 11 for a prank call?? Haha...to give you an idea of my maturity level, I did that to someone in college.

My young paranoid ass thought I was toast, but alas, was still bread.

Nice to see others with similar immature tendencies.

That Letterman fellow is quite the prankster too.

(topic integrity, you understand.)

Apologies to rrivers 8->

You think rrivers is too mature for prank calls?

Let's just say if I met him, I'd be happy to buy him a drink but it'd have to be this (I bet Letterman likes it too :-D)
    SOUR%20PUSS%20-%20SOUR%20RASPBERRY%20375%20Mil_resize.jpg
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    edited February 2015
    igotid88 said:
    That was cool. I didn't know they had those audience warm-upson YouTube. I always love when one of the warm-up question-askers get referenced in the monologue or top 10.
    Post edited by Ledbetterman10 on
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited February 2015
    I have found that I couldn't care less if Letterman is gone. I think Jimmy Fallon has him beat by a million miles. So it's good he's retiring. The times they are a'changing.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,594
    PJ_Soul said:

I have found that I couldn't care less if Letterman is gone. I think Jimmy Fallon has him beat by a million miles. So it's good he's retiring. The times they a'changing.

That's 'cause you're closer to Jimmy's age rather than to David's like, uhhhhhhhhhh, some people we know. :wink:

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    brianlux said:

PJ_Soul said:

I have found that I couldn't care less if Letterman is gone. I think Jimmy Fallon has him beat by a million miles. So it's good he's retiring. The times they a'changing.

That's 'cause you're closer to Jimmy's age rather than to David's like, uhhhhhhhhhh, some people we know. :wink:

Ha! Yes, you might have something there! He is only a year and a half older than I am. So we're, you know...

:lol:

Damn Brian, it seems like every time you quote me it have a significant typo in my post, lol. Every. Time. Lol!!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,594
    PJ_Soul said:

brianlux said:

PJ_Soul said:

Ha! Yes, you might have something there! He is only a year and a half older than I am. So we're, you know...

:lol:

Damn Brian, it seems like every time you quote me it have a significant typo in my post, lol. Every. Time. Lol!!
    I'm not seeing the typo there young lady. :smile:

But now you see why I need an editor for my writing and have almost worn out the "preview" button here. If I can't find another person's typos, imagine how hard it is to find my own, haha!

Love that trippy mind meld image there!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    brianlux said:

PJ_Soul said:

i'm closer to jimmy's age too and i'm really gonna miss dave.

i wonder how old rrivers is?....
    chinese-happy.jpg
    How did I know you'd drop that in here somewhere, Juggler?

I'll take Kimmel's humor any day over the others. Something about Fallon just irritates me.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,147
    edited April 2015
    hedonist said:

How did I know you'd drop that in here somewhere, Juggler?

I'll take Kimmel's humor any day over the others. Something about Fallon just irritates me.

Yea Kimmel's gotten much better. It's still Letterman, Conan, Ferguson, Kimmel, Fallon, then Meyers. And 2 of those are/will be gone. I've actually liked the guests hosts on the Late Late Show better than Fallon. And I'm also close to Fallon's age.
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
    edited April 2015
    http://www.cbspressexpress.com/cbs-entertainment/releases/view?id=42381
    CBS’s “LATE SHOW with DAVID LETTERMAN” ANNOUNCES ITS STAR-STUDDED LINEUP OF GUESTS FOR DAVE’S FINAL 28 “LATE SHOW” BROADCASTS, BEGINNING MONDAY, APRIL 13
    The Biggest Names in Entertainment Will Make Their Final Appearances with Letterman, Including Alec Baldwin, George Clooney, Billy Crystal,

Robert Downey, Jr., Will Ferrell, Tina Fey, Michael J. Fox, Tom Hanks,

Jack Hanna, Kevin James, Scarlett Johansson, Michael Keaton, Steve Martin,

Bill Murray, Sarah Jessica Parker, Don Rickles, Julia Roberts, Ray Romano,

Paul Rudd, Jerry Seinfeld, Martin Short, Howard Stern, John Travolta, Bruce Willis, Oprah Winfrey, Elvis Costello, Dave Matthews Band, John Mayer,

Mumford and Sons and Tom Waits
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
    I don't see PJ on there.
    I miss igotid88
    bump for rrivers
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    CBS announced this morning it will salute David Letterman and his record-breaking broadcasting career with a 90-minute primetime special David Letterman: A Life On Television.
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,481
    igotid88 said:

http://www.cbspressexpress.com/cbs-entertainment/releases/view?id=42381
    CBS’s “LATE SHOW with DAVID LETTERMAN” ANNOUNCES ITS STAR-STUDDED LINEUP OF GUESTS FOR DAVE’S FINAL 28 “LATE SHOW” BROADCASTS, BEGINNING MONDAY, APRIL 13
    The Biggest Names in Entertainment Will Make Their Final Appearances with Letterman, Including Alec Baldwin, George Clooney, Billy Crystal,

Robert Downey, Jr., Will Ferrell, Tina Fey, Michael J. Fox, Tom Hanks,

Jack Hanna, Kevin James, Scarlett Johansson, Michael Keaton, Steve Martin,

Bill Murray, Sarah Jessica Parker, Don Rickles, Julia Roberts, Ray Romano,

Paul Rudd, Jerry Seinfeld, Martin Short, Howard Stern, John Travolta, Bruce Willis, Oprah Winfrey, Elvis Costello, Dave Matthews Band, John Mayer,

Mumford and Sons and Tom Waits

So May 20th is the last show? And no PJ? Bummer.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    igotid88 said:

I don't see PJ on there.

lets be honest. PJ have moved on from letterman and went to the Tonight show.

I love all these guest and really hope that Bill Murray is the last guest for the whole show but i know that won't happen.

also, why the hell is Regis not on that list.

can you imagine a show with Murray, Steve Martin and Regis! that would be heaven
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    bill will be the last guest

not all the musical acts have been announced

of course regis will be there the final week
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    I sense that the Foo Fighters will be there as they are Dave favorite band.

I am really started to feel sad with all these plans for the last show.

classic scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-5828gUK-E
    bump for rrivers
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Hootie and the Blowfish performing an old song. So PJ doesn't need to be promoting something to come back to the show.
    I miss igotid88
    Twenty bucks says Richard Simmons makes an appearance.

Extra ten for Chris Elliott - but only if he does The Banana Song.

hedonist said:

Twenty bucks says Richard Simmons makes an appearance.

Extra ten for Chris Elliott - but only if he does The Banana Song.

if only he could come out from under the steps where the audience is. But that's in the old Late Night studio.
    I miss igotid88
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    No mention of Super Dave. What the hell?! That guy has to make an appearance.
    igotid88 said:

Hootie and the Blowfish performing an old song. So PJ doesn't need to be promoting something to come back to the show.

as much as i am not a hootie fan, it was cool seeing them as we know dave loves them for some reason. but wouldn't we have heard by now if pj was performing? i thought they announced all the guests already? no?

and this is kind of weird, but does anyone else feel a little sad watching these shows, not just because there's only a few weeks left, but because you just know dave is going to go away for good and not be in the limelight anymore so it's most likely the last time he will ever see any of these people again. you get the sense that's what he's thinking during these interviews...
    chinese-happy.jpg

igotid88 said:

as much as i am not a hootie fan, it was cool seeing them as we know dave loves them for some reason. but wouldn't we have heard by now if pj was performing? i thought they announced all the guests already? no?

and this is kind of weird, but does anyone else feel a little sad watching these shows, not just because there's only a few weeks left, but because you just know dave is going to go away for good and not be in the limelight anymore so it's most likely the last time he will ever see any of these people again. you get the sense that's what he's thinking during these interviews...
    especially when Jack Hannah started to cry at the end.
    I miss igotid88
    is colbert going to be in the ed sullivan theater also?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    A beautiful cover of Warren Zevon's Mutineer....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1urvSKb_2Ws
    So pretty! Thank you for this, Hobbes.

I always thought Zevon carried himself as a gentle man and a class act.

Did you ever catch his appearance on the Larry Sanders show? Good stuff.