Options

*A CALL FOR VINYL*

13»

Comments

• Options
    oysterjaroysterjar NH Posts: 1,235
    I just got home from work. I saw they posted some stuff in the shop, much obliged 10C! Did I miss anything that was in there before and is now sold out/no longer there?

Wind this thing up.

• Options
    aurynsdadaurynsdad Posts: 773
    edited April 2014
    Ah shit.

LBC/Wishlist 7" was still avail last I checked

Sold out of:

RNDM pink vinyl 7"
    Mad Season white vinyl 7" Locomotive/Black Book of Fear
    Shadow 10"
    Unthought Known/Amongst the Waves 7"

I didn't have any of these already, so I'm keeping mine (minus the RNDM one which I didn't order), but there has been some generosity exhibited on this board- if you were really hoping for one of these, you might be able to find an angel to help you out.

BTW, listening to those Mad Season tracks on YT and man, those are a couple of friggin' tight numbers!
    Post edited by aurynsdad on
    10/31/93 Berkeley (Baba!), 10/1/94 Bridge School, 9/16/96 Seattle (In My Tree!), 10/19/96 & 10/20/96 B. School (Alt Corduroy & Alt Porch!), 10/25/03 B. School, 6/1/03 Mtnview (Crazy Mary! You Are!), 11/29/13 Portland (All Those Yesterdays! Even Flow!), 10/25/14 Bridge School (Rain! Fuckin Up! TOTD!), 5/13/22 Oakland (W.M.A.! Immortality!)
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,719
    I'm with you, oysterjar. The day the Pearl Jam organization authorizes and releases good quality copies of the out of print vinyl versions of their records will be one both for rejoicing as well as one for digging into my extra cash stash. Especially for me if and when No Code and Riot Act and Avocado come out again on vinyl!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    That sucks I missed some but that's the way it goes. I couldn't be happier that the great people of 10C listened or heard us and made more vinyl available!

Side note I stopped by local record store and saw Vs. for sale. I bought it because it looked lonely.

Wind this thing up.

• Options
    Are all the PJ vinyl releases on 180g vinyl?

Wind this thing up.

• Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,934
    edited April 2014
    Everything since Backspacer. The original pressings through s/t are not. They are standard weight.
    Post edited by Tim Simmons on
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,647
    edited April 2014
    Signed and agreed.

Clearly this band/management has the ability to repress this stuff at will (a la recent Ten coke-vinyl).

The demand is there for every studio album that hasn't been repressed, the market prices are insane.

There are a lot of us under the age of 40 that weren't into vinyl in the 90's when it came out (i.e. I was 10 in '94, wasn't exactly thinking about building my vinyl collection.... a decade later in 2004 I was in college when every dime was precious, and paying off bills with the limited income i had...)

I am not paying $200 for any piece of wax on the secondary market... if I'm spending that kind of money, I want it new, not used.

make the vinyl available for those of us who have recently gotten into the medium (for whatever reason).

The fact that Lost Dogs, Binaural, No Code, Riot Act, Avacado, etc aren't available to purchase is ridiculous... and a clear lack of business sense by any management company...

you've got people demanding these items, with cash in hand, and instead you're turning them aside and telling them to go make someone else rich on ebay, craigslist, lost dogs.... don't confuse yourself, it's all the same.
    Post edited by shep on
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    FrankY59FrankY59 Posts: 1,048
    LET's DO THIS!!!
  • Options
    So No code through S/T on audiophile pressing, original packaging? Is this what we are all asking for?

Wind this thing up.

• Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    re-releasing singles is nice, but the LP is where it's at.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    10c did say a few years ago that they are reissuing all the albums over time right? Or am I making that up.
  • Options
    I don't recall. I would much rather them rerelease all the records on vinyl then ever release a clear ten again.

Wind this thing up.

• Options
    Well yeah. But the effort into doing the clear 10 was nothing especially compared to doing reissues.But the point still stands.
  • Options
    Ultimately, I don't think fans will force the band, management or 10cs hand on reissues. They know people want them. Its been that way for 4-5 years, maybe longer for some albums. People are just gonna have to be patient. The band is supporting LB now. Maybe when that campaign is over and they get some down time, they may get back in the reissue headspace.

• Options
    But realize, 2016 is the 20th anniversary of No Code and the year they are eligible for the RnR Hall of Fame. So we may not see anything until then.
  • Options
    I'd agree with that but lets get the ball rolling now, which is why I started this thread ;)

Wind this thing up.

• Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412

10c did say a few years ago that they are reissuing all the albums over time right? Or am I making that up.

In the press release for the Ten reissue, it was mentioned that it was the beginning reissue program leading up to the 20th anniversary of the band. Safe to say that plan is out the window.
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,647

... The band is supporting LB now...

Really, how?

They played 6 gigs in 3 weeks down under, and have nothing slated until June...

What exactly are they busy with right now besides friends and family? (not that there's anything wrong with that, however stating they are supporting LB now seems a little ridiculous to me)...

Every band on the planet, including Pearl Jam, has made comments about how the Music Industry as a whole changed as a result of the digital download and how bands will need to find new ways to make money other than selling albums...

well, NEWS FLASH, here is one way that you can still sell albums. There is no way to reproduce this music medium in a consistent quality manner other than working with reputable vinyl producers and original recordings.... not only that, you have thousands of fans throwing their money away at places like ebay to try and purchase this physical medium... Seems like a good way to address the lost side of business.... doesn't it?

seems like a win-win situation to me... but what do I know, I work to make a living, not to make art...
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    shep said:

well, NEWS FLASH, here is one way that you can still sell albums. There is no way to reproduce this music medium in a consistent quality manner other than working with reputable vinyl producers and original recordings.... not only that, you have thousands of fans throwing their money away at places like ebay to try and purchase this physical medium... Seems like a good way to address the lost side of business.... doesn't it?

I thought that reason alone would open up the vinyl pressing.

Wind this thing up.

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,719
    shep said:

Signed and agreed.

Clearly this band/management has the ability to repress this stuff at will (a la recent Ten coke-vinyl).

The demand is there for every studio album that hasn't been repressed, the market prices are insane.

There are a lot of us under the age of 40 that weren't into vinyl in the 90's when it came out (i.e. I was 10 in '94, wasn't exactly thinking about building my vinyl collection.... a decade later in 2004 I was in college when every dime was precious, and paying off bills with the limited income i had...)

I am not paying $200 for any piece of wax on the secondary market... if I'm spending that kind of money, I want it new, not used.

make the vinyl available for those of us who have recently gotten into the medium (for whatever reason).

The fact that Lost Dogs, Binaural, No Code, Riot Act, Avacado, etc aren't available to purchase is ridiculous... and a clear lack of business sense by any management company...

you've got people demanding these items, with cash in hand, and instead you're turning them aside and telling them to go make someone else rich on ebay, craigslist, lost dogs.... don't confuse yourself, it's all the same.

Very well said, shep. image

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    edited April 2014
    shep said:

Really, how?

They played 6 gigs in 3 weeks down under, and have nothing slated until June...

What exactly are they busy with right now besides friends and family? (not that there's anything wrong with that, however stating they are supporting LB now seems a little ridiculous to me)...

Every band on the planet, including Pearl Jam, has made comments about how the Music Industry as a whole changed as a result of the digital download and how bands will need to find new ways to make money other than selling albums...

Well, it's pretty much the way they have always worked. They release an album, the year or so that follows is all about that album. Do you not think they are supporting LB right now?

I'm not saying I don't agree with what you are saying, I'm just being realistic. This band has really put the band on the back burner until they don't want it to be on the back burner. The band tends to focus on one thing at a time and right now, it's
    LB and the shows to support it. Maybe they are working on reissues in between dates. But I doubt we see anything released soon.

Also, I think the band probably pulls in more from playing some shows than selling some albums in this day and age. If making money was their driving force (I don't think it is) repressing some albums would bring in some money, but a few week stretch of shows and selling some merch at them would be more profitable.

But again, we know they are coming at some point. I can't imagine that demand of these reissues would go down in the next year or 2. I get that people want to enjoy the vinyl, but it's not like you can't enjoy the albums.

Post edited by Tim Simmons on
  • Options
    But essentially what I'm saying is:

- 10c/PJ management know people want reissues
    - they have their reasons for not doing them now.
    - all the petitions and complaining won't force their hand
    - they said reissues will happen, it's just not on the schedule originally outlined.

And it sucks, but it's just a waiting game at this point.
  • Options
    Received my 10C 7" order today which made me wonder how many MS locomotives made it to ebay. The prices on the PJ studio albums are sad. It would be great to be able to purchase No Code- S/T for the price of one original pressing of Binaural being sold on ebay right now.

Wind this thing up.