Options

Marc Maron takes dig at Pearl Jam

13»

Comments

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,979
    Marc Maron is cool.

His Dave Grohl and Nick Cave interviews are nice!

Would love to hear him interview Eddie - but I doubt Eddie would be okay with being open enough.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,294
    I'm done caring what any artist be it a comedian actor musicians think about PJ , it has always been about who i like :)
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    BantBant Millinowhere, ME Posts: 506

I just hear a drone and unintelligible lyrics that are buried in the mix. Musically they bore me. Just my opinion.

Everyone is a Tool fan because if you don't like them their army of fans will chastise you.

LMAO, the same could be said for PJ fans.
    9/13/1998 - 9/15/1998 - 8/29/2000 - 7/2/2003 - 7/3/2003 - 7/11/2003 - 9/28/2004 - 9/28/2005 - 5/13/2006 - 5/27/2006 - 6/1/2006 - 6/28/2008 - 6/30/2008 - 5/17/2010 - 10/25/2013
  • Options
    BudTBudT Saratoga Springs, N.Y. Posts: 58
    You guys should calm down and listen to more of the WTF pod. He's also said good things about them. I know he really like the PJ20 doc. Calm down, & if you don't know who he is I don't know where you've been the last few years. Oh yeah, this message board.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

marc maron is kinda sexy actually

I agree - though I think the mental sexiness sort of bleeds into the physical, at least usually does for me.

Kinda why I have a thing for Louis CK ;)
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,534
    edited April 2014
    BudT said:

You guys should calm down and listen to more of the WTF pod. He's also said good things about them. I know he really like the PJ20 doc. Calm down, & if you don't know who he is I don't know where you've been the last few years. Oh yeah, this message board.

Ironically, the only reason I have ever heard of him is because of this message board, lol. ;)

Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,979
    hedonist said:

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,534

hedonist said:

I've kinda got a thing for Larry David. image
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    PJ_Soul said:

hedonist said:

I've kinda got a thing for Larry David. image
    Ahhhhahaha.

Me too :D
  • Options
    karmadefectkarmadefect Posts: 806
    I don't really get the similairty between Going to California and Given to fly.
    Perhaps it's in the cords that are used.
    I was wondering about what Greateful dead song was used for Garden.
    Some time ago I heard it and was shocked to find it was exactly the same, but I can't remeber what the song was.
    Does anyone know?

@ DewieCox
    I agree with you that Tool is very unique in their sound. More so than Pearl Jam.
    Looking up the translation for derivative I can understand what you mean, however it could also be considered too strong of a word. Influenced, inspired seems to have led you to say "derivative", that word could also give the suggest of coping.
    That seems too much, except for Garden. :D

Which ever word you use I feel Nirvana is more derivative (to use that word) than Pearl Jam.
    I feel the influence of The Pixies and The Beatles is far more noticable in Nirvana than the influence of Zepplin and The Who on Pearl Jam is.
    It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

2006 Arnhem 2007 Werchter 2009 Rotterdam 2010 Nijmegen 2010 Werchter
    2012 Amsterdam 1 2012 Amsterdam 2 2014 Amsterdam 1 2014 Amsterdam 2
    2014 Berlijn