Options

Thank you Pearl Jam...

JayneegirrlJayneegirrl Milwaukee Posts: 112
edited April 2014 in The Porch
Just think it would be cool to have a huge "Thank you" card here for the most generous band ever.

I am grateful my all time favorite band continues to make my life bearable by continuing to make music I love and keeping hope in my life that I will see them again someday.

When you are grateful, the Universe gives you more to be grateful for.
Post edited by Jayneegirrl on

Comments

• Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Thank you PJ! I listen to your music everyday - it's my favorite thing to do and I look forward to the next time I may get to see you live! I can't thank you enough!
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options

That is a great sentiment that echoes PJ
  • Options
    Pearl Jam is a beautiful constellation in my sky. Grateful.
  • Options
    :-S i miss our old forum
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Jayne P in the house!
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    Thanks Dr "D"!
  • Options
    Frankie79Frankie79 Cornwall, UK Posts: 203
    edited March 2014
    Thanks Pearl Jam for the music that has kept me going through the bad days and for making the good days even better. Can't wait until July to see them again.
    Hyde Park 25/06/10
    MEN Arena 20-21/06/12
    Leeds 08/07/14
    Milton Keynes 11/07/14
    Mexico City 28/11/15
    EV London 6-7/6/17
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    thanx PJ for doing what you do!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    here's a little background music....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvGejyZh7TY

did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    edited March 2014
    ^^ Someone shrank that guy's head!

Thank you Pearl Jam. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

:-S i miss our old forum

i miss our old pearl jam
    PJ_Soul said:

^^ Someone shrank that guy's head!

yeah, i have no idea what's going on there. :)
  • Options
    Thanks for the background music, Shortstack!

Today, I'm grateful for taking a couple weeks off from listening to LB. Love hearing it again with fresh ears and discovering more beauty in it.

I'm also grateful for some of the coolest people I've met through 10C. Good times last night on FB. ;-)
  • Options
    edited March 2014

That is a great sentiment that echoes PJ
    Thank you PJfanwillneverleave1
  • Options
    Today I'm grateful that Kurt Cobain and Nirvana changed the direction of music. That they introduced me to Pearl Jam the greatest musical love of my life.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,685
    Thank you Pearl Jam. You're also one of the best things things of your generation given to this world. I'm very much grateful for that.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007

Very Good Philosophy :)

• Options
    edited April 2014
    i_lov_it said:

Very Good Philosophy :)

Thank you!!
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Thank you, Pearl Jam, for ten great albums! Thanks for the ten amazing concerts I've been to and the many others I've listened to. Thank you for the 2000 tour and being a pioneer in the official bootleg movement! Thanks for the wonderful people I've met through this common bond of your music, whether in person or online, for 10 minutes or 10 years, 10C members and non-members. What it all boils down to is this: Thank you for being the soundtrack to the last 23 years of my life and the many more to come!
  • Options
    NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777

Thank you, Pearl Jam, for ten great albums! Thanks for the ten amazing concerts I've been to and the many others I've listened to. Thank you for the 2000 tour and being a pioneer in the official bootleg movement! Thanks for the wonderful people I've met through this common bond of your music, whether in person or online, for 10 minutes or 10 years, 10C members and non-members. What it all boils down to is this: Thank you for being the soundtrack to the last 23 years of my life and the many more to come!

Hey Cory, I couldn't sum it up better than what you have just said. Thanks Pearl Jam, for everything and everything that Cory just acknowledged xxx
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    thank you, pearl jam for being a band who's shows felt safe enough for a woman to go alone.
    "felt".... as in the past.
    Post edited by shortstack on
  • Options
    SEACIDESEACIDE Posts: 410
    Thanks Pearl Jam for all you do...my world is better when you guys are a part of it.
    Love is all you need.....
  • Options
    TalonTeddTalonTedd Toronto Posts: 835
    Thanks PJ for the inspiration. I am over forty and never before played a musical instrument. Listening, feeling and loving your creations for so long ignited a spark in my mind to give music a try. After a couple of months of practicing scales and getting some lessons I decided on a first song of yours to be my first song learned. It was "sometimes". A sweet little ditty with lots of half and whole steps, a quick tempo and just a few two string chords for a novice like me to work with. After a couple of months I can hit the changes pretty pure and play Mike's part too. I love playing that Garrison guitar. My family camping trips this summer will have a whole new dynamic around the evening camp fires. I now look to work on some other songs that will work well by the fire....think I'll give Jeff's little gem 'Yellow Moon' the stage next. that will be a giant leap in difficulty but hey, life is short....No time to be void or save up on life, you've got to spend it all!

A procession of ages shall pass. None rival Pearl Jam.
    </Can you feel it...in the poetry and prose forum

In joyous part
    I remember when, yeah. I swore I knew everything, oh yeah.
  • Options
    Today, I'm grateful Eddie was born near Chicago. That he's loves where he comes from. That PJ has been generous in touring this part of the country.
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,493
    A big big thanks from thousand miles away.. ^:)^
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    I couldn't agree less. Without Pearl Jam, life would be dull. There is a song for every day things and happenings in life
    I went through big positive changes in my life and PJ helped me move along. I couldn't thank them enough
  • Options
    oysterjaroysterjar NH Posts: 1,235
    Soundtrack to my life. Thank you.

Wind this thing up.

• Options
    Grateful that today when I was feeling low Pearl Jam was there to lift my spirits.
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    Thank you PJ. You guys have litterky written music that has helped to constantly redefine who I am becoming g every day in life. I honestly believe your music has helped me to become a greater person! Absolutely could not imagine my life without your music! It literally saved my life 23 years, 24yrs ago.. And it has kept me Alive ever since. Anytime my world grows dark and grey, I can depend in your music to dispell the misery and make me smile. You guys came into my life at the absolute worst time in it... But you wrote music that spoke to my soul. You wrote songs that were relative to where I was in life.. And I hung on because of it. The , amazingly, you continued to write songs that were relative to my life. Then I met all the fucking crazy awesome people in the 10c that shared my obsession.; my addiction to your music. And there I made friends for life. So for everything.. I am most grateful, beyond what you could possibly understand. Thank you a million times, and then a million more!!!
  • Options
    Today I'm grateful for the amazing messages of gratitude!! I didn't imagine this little thread would create such touching stories. Thanks for sharing!!!!
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527

Today I'm grateful for the amazing messages of gratitude!! I didn't imagine this little thread would create such touching stories. Thanks for sharing!!!!

Thanks for starting this thread!