Options

ENTER for a chance to win a flyaway trip for two to see PJ live in the U.K!

demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,738
edited March 2014 in The Porch
https://livenation.votigo.com/fbsweeps/sweeps/Pearl-Jam-UK-Flyaway

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Legal U.S. residents and Canada (excluding Quebec), 18+. Void where prohibited by law. Ends at 12PM Pacific Time on 5/12/14. One Prize. ARV: US$4,940. Winner must correctly answer a time-limited skill-testing question if resident of Canada. Sponsor is Live Nation Worldwide, Inc.

Facebook is a registered trademark of Facebook, Inc. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You are providing your information to the contest administrators and not to Facebook.

Post edited by demetrios on

Comments

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,738
    PS .. to enter, you need to "Turn on Platform Apps and Websites" via Facebook.
  • Options
    jonsey30jonsey30 Rochester Hills, MI Posts: 998
    Can't tell if I entered. It just took me to some website where I could sign up for a membership....
    7/19/13 - Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL
    10/11/13 - Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014 - Detroit, MI
    5/10/2016 - Toronto, ON
    3/24/2020 - Hamilton, ON
    9/7/2023 - Chicago, IL

• Options
    nippleholicnippleholic Toronto Posts: 1,083
    Yeah, I got a "This app has been unpublished." message after I entered - does that mean it went through?
    2003: Buffalo, Toronto
    2004: Boston (x2), Toledo, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto (x2), Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit
    2008: New York City (x2), Hartford, Boston II
    2010: Buffalo, Newark, New York City (x2), Nijmegen, Berlin, Werchter
    2011: Alpine Valley I, Alpine Valley II, Montreal, Toronto (x2), Ottawa, Hamilton
    2012: Amsterdam (x2), Berlin (x2)
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Brooklyn (x2)
    2014: Detroit
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto (x2), Chicago (x2)
    2018: Amsterdam (x2), Padua, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: San Diego, Los Angeles (x2), Oakland (x2), Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Fort Worth (x2), Austin (x2)

• Options
    pj66jppj66jp Posts: 41
    jonsey30 said:

Can't tell if I entered. It just took me to some website where I could sign up for a membership....

Me too??

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,844
    I have to win this since Paul owes me lots of beers
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    GustieIIIGustieIII Posts: 231
    edited March 2014
    Thanks for heads up. I don't Facebook, but the wife does so we're good. Would never have found this on my own! If the link doesn't work, just search "Livenation" on FB.
    Post edited by GustieIII on
    Like A Fist To The Jaw
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Not on Facebook. C'est la vie.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    jlaustinjlaustin Ann Arbor, MI Posts: 2,355
    Why is everything on Facebook? :fp:
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

• Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,734
    Sweet some Canada love finally :)
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Why couldn't they have held a contest for UK residents to go to one of the North America gigs last Fall?!?!? #epicfail
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,698
    mcgruff10 said:

hehehehe
  • Options
    Don't like that so many contests of late force you to join Facebook...
    Raleigh, NC., 8/31/98, Charlotte, NC., 8/4/00, Greensboro, NC., 8/6/00, Mountain View, CA., 10/31/00, Raleigh, NC., 4/15/03, Charlotte, NC., 4/16/03, Mountain View, CA., 10/25/03, Asheville, NC., 10/6/04, Philadelphia, PA., 10/3/05, Washington D.C, 5/30/06, Virginia Beach, VA., 6/17/07, Philadelphia, PA., 10/28/09, Charlottesville, VA., 10/29/13, Charlotte, NC., 10/30/13, Memphis, TN., 10/14/14, Greenville, SC., 4/16/16, Hampton, VA., 4/19/16, Raleigh, NC., 4/20/16, Columbia, SC., 4/21/16, Boston, MA., 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18 & 9/4/18., Nashville, TN., 4/2/20., Nashville, TN., 9/16/22.

EV Solo - Washington, D.C., 8/17/08, Atlanta, GA., 6/24/09, Orlando, FL., 11/27/12.
  • Options
    Looks like you need to provide them with access to your facebook likes, friends list, atm PIN, and social security number in order to enter. No thanks.......
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,844
    pdalowsky said:

mcgruff10 said:

hehehehe
    If I win you better pay up.

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    curlycurly Posts: 703
    ok ok,....I've made it this far without joining FB..... am I screwed? and in order to join this contest, do I have to have a FB...
    my son has one and he's 15.... I do get on his occasionally, and only because its the only way I can tell when my fav local band here in Omaha is playing gigs...
    the wifey used to have one....and yes, she'd be going with me if I won....
    can I register thru my sons fb ?? or do I have to have my wife re active her old one?? or do I have to get one?

any reply/info would be much appreciated...
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    curly said:

ok ok,....I've made it this far without joining FB..... am I screwed? and in order to join this contest, do I have to have a FB...
    my son has one and he's 15.... I do get on his occasionally, and only because its the only way I can tell when my fav local band here in Omaha is playing gigs...
    the wifey used to have one....and yes, she'd be going with me if I won....
    can I register thru my sons fb ?? or do I have to have my wife re active her old one?? or do I have to get one?

any reply/info would be much appreciated...

This seems to be the way things are going... I think at this point, avoiding FB is going to be more of an inconvenience than anything else. I also don't understand why people don't just set up an account. You don't have to put any personal info there AT ALL if you don't want to. Just a name and an email address. Just use it for things like this, so you're not cut out of shit.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata