Toronto setlist for tonight is unreal!!!

Comments

• Fucking awesome show.. nuff said!!! time for bed.
    'Me knowing the truth I cannot concur'

09/21/96, 08/22/98, 10/05/00, 09/11/05, 09/19/05, 05/09/06
    05/10/06, 08/21/09, 05/10/10, 09/11/11, 09/12/11, 09/15/11
    07/16/13 (Pending!)
  • wow, what a list.....im glad i bought up all the tix i could...looks like this ones gonna be special

i agree, its the same as Astoria , Letterman & Irving Plaza,. dont want to be negatove either, but no rarities & alot of repeats again & alot of standards, the new stuff is fine, hmmm i bet they switch it up alot for toronto 2
    "no more crowbars to my head"
  • kidapollokidapollo Posts: 75
    was boom there?
    I MET SIR MIKE F'N McCREADY!!!!!!!!
    (Added to my sig as per SENROCK'S suggestion)

"No time to be void, or save up on life ... you got to spend it all."

*Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member #0020

Last Exit: Pittsburgh
    Next Stop: ???
  • slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,740
    i agree, its the same as Astoria , Letterman & Irving Plaza,. dont want to be negatove either, but no rarities & alot of repeats again & alot of standards, the new stuff is fine, hmmm i bet they switch it up alot for toronto 2

again, those shows you mentioned were meant to be warm-up gigs for tonight. so it's shouldn't be a shock if the first few shows kind of look like them.

be prepared for things to mix up as the tour gets crankin'
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • JD SalJD Sal Posts: 790
    bopjam1 wrote:
    I agree with bird jam. They sure don't throw in much rarities. How many times do you need Daughter, Betterman and YL??? In 2000, the Dave Matthews Band did a nice thing by introducing 1 song each night of the tour. It really spiced it up and kept you guessing. I've bought every official bootleg since inception and there are some tours that they play the same tune almost every show. ex. Even flow. It will be a great tour and I do love the new album. See you all in SF.

Yes, BUT, Dave Matthews Band plays maybe 15-18 songs a night.

PJ usually plays 25-30 songs, so it's a lot easier to repeat songs and have staples in the set list.
    "If no one sees you, you're not here at all"
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,939
    too bad no riot act.....boo hoo...cant have it all.

GARDEN!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • So pumped by that set list. Not too many yield songs though. Love the new album and hopefully they will play inside job in either or both Philly shows!!!

Come on 17 days, get here quick damn it!!!

MDM/JMB
    BrainofJbourg
    MDM is RIFW cause I got ID in my tree
  • bopjam1bopjam1 Posts: 2
    Staples are great but going back to my touring with the Grateful Dead years (110 shows) I would go to 3 shows in a row and never hear the same song twice. PJ has enough songs to do similar at this point. Look forward to the new stuff. It's always fun.
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    bopjam1 wrote:
    Staples are great but going back to my touring with the Grateful Dead years (110 shows) I would go to 3 shows in a row and never hear the same song twice. PJ has enough songs to do similar at this point. Look forward to the new stuff. It's always fun.

WELL UHM....IM CURIOUS AS TO WHAT ATTRACTS YOU TO PEARL JAM SHOWS IF THEY ARE NOT WHAT YOU EXXXPECT?
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    that's a pretty badass setlist

Edit: No Riot Act songs?

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! :D

just kidding. would like to hear All or None

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • abhi101cruabhi101cru Posts: 223
    am I the only here who likes Riot act?? lol, i thought that was a fucking awesome album. KEEP SAVE YOU!! That song is the best 2nd song they could ever have...the first song is kinda mellow, and then you go into rocking Save You. FUCKING GREAT COMBO!
    Sorry is the fool who trades his soul for a corvette, thinks he'll get the girl he'll only get the mechanic...

Atlantic City: 09/30/05, 10/01/05
  • The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    Mr. Beeks wrote:
    It's going to be a sick tour.

Severed Hand,
    WWS,
    Life Wasted,
    Marker in the Sand,
    Given to Fly,
    Betterman,
    Even Flow,
    Unemployable,
    Garden,
    Sad,
    Corduroy,
    Present Tense,
    Daughter,
    Grievance,
    Not For You,
    INSIDE JOB,
    Why Go,
    ENCORE,
    Do The Evolution
    Jeremy,
    COME BACK,
    Alive,
    Encore Break #2,
    Porch
    RITFW
    quote]

i don't want to bemoan, or come across that way, but besides the new songs and songs like present tense, why go, sad and garden, it's a pretty standard, predictable setlist. even flow, corduroy, betterman, daughter, RITFW, etc. same old same old. not that there's anything wrong with that, but it's not an "unreal" setlist, is it?
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Sexy2aFaultSexy2aFault Posts: 388
    Um, where is "Go"?

i don't want to bemoan, or come across that way, but besides the new songs and songs like present tense, why go, sad and garden, it's a pretty standard, predictable setlist. even flow, corduroy, betterman, daughter, RITFW, etc. same old same old. not that there's anything wrong with that, but it's not an "unreal" setlist, is it?

maybe "unreal" is a strong word ... but how many rare, seldom-played songs would you like? You listed four. Not to mention two of the new songs weren't played at either of the warm-up shows -- making their appearance here a little surprising.

This might not be "unreal" -- but I'm not sure exactly what you want. (and I'm not flaming you. just pointing something out).
    Um, where is "Go"?

but see, they've played Go before. Which means they should never play it again. ~rolls eyes~
  • Mr. BeeksMr. Beeks Posts: 103
    I hear you, there were a lot of "standards". Catching grief for my enthusiasm!! haha.

i think the order of the concert was great, especially since they played half of Ten which they don't do much. The Yield people will not consider this unreal, I can tell you that.
  • abhi101cruabhi101cru Posts: 223
    i dunno, I think its way too early in the tour to call a show unreal or not unreal...there have only been a few warmup shows. But that is a great set list, and congratulations to all of you who had the opportunity to witness it in person!
    Sorry is the fool who trades his soul for a corvette, thinks he'll get the girl he'll only get the mechanic...

Atlantic City: 09/30/05, 10/01/05
  • Sexy2aFaultSexy2aFault Posts: 388
    but see, they've played Go before. Which means they should never play it again. ~rolls eyes~

Touche........
    Touche........

yeah, I could use me some Go.
  • The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    This might not be "unreal" -- but I'm not sure exactly what you want.

i want more no code and yield. ;)
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Frogman21Frogman21 Posts: 1
    it was an awesome night!
    hope tomoro is just as good
    i find it on the run, in a race that cant be won
    aBoxOfFear wrote:
    i want more no code and yield. ;)

somewhere in the next five months or so, I'm sure you'll get it :)
  • yakko69yakko69 Posts: 131
    they didnt play one song off riot act.......

which instantly makes this the best concert they have performed since 2000......

hehehehehehe

That was freakin FUNNY AS SHIT!!!!!!!

Although there are a few songs on riot act that I do love *cough*loveboatcaptain*cough*, its not so bad not hearing some of the ones I used to skip over.
    ...44 shows...and counting....
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    TO KEEP IT REAL, THE BOYS SHOULD ONLY BUST OUT THE ROCKIN' TUNES!!! NO SLOW JAMZ!!!! :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • klobbklobb Posts: 4
    Just got back from the show and it was definitely not "unreal." I loved it and had a great time but I felt something was missing. They shoulda thrown in a more emotional ballad like TMW, Footsteps, etc to make it really special. Most of the songs from previous albums were played last time in Toronto and I expect a much more exciting show tomorrow night. However, Sad, Garden, and PT were definitely the highlights.
  • depploverdepplover Posts: 189
    the concert was sooooo FUCKIN AWESOME!!! WOO!!! HOLY SHIT!!!! :D:D:D
    5/09/06, 5/10/06 - FUCKIN AMAZING!!!!
  • leafs4everleafs4ever Posts: 833
    Awsome show... some songs missing but all-in-all the boys pulled it off yet again... THANK YOU!!!!!!!!
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me"
    09/19/05, 05/09/06, 05/10/06
  • NoGrapesNoGrapes Posts: 50
    I think the "unreal" statement is made out of excitement still on the high from being at the show. I'm always like that right after
  • vic in T.O.vic in T.O. Posts: 385
    Garden was played different than its original version,i dont know how to judge it right now cuz it caught me off guard and wasnt used to the way it was played,i think ill have to hear it a few more times .
    8/18/93-Toronto
    9/21/96-T.O
    10/1/96- Buff.
    8/22/98-Barrie
    10/5/00-T.O
    5/2/03-Buff.
    6/28/03-T.O.
    6/29/03-MTL.
    9/28/04-Bos.
    9/11/05-Kitchener
    9/12/05-London
    9/13/05-Hamilton
    9/19/05-T.O.
    5/9/06-T.O.
    5/10/06-T.O.
    E.V 08/12&13-MASSEY!!
  • As I picked up my 10c tickets at 4:30pm I heard them playing Love Boat Captain for sound check, so I got a little taste of Riot Act
    Toronto 96, Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Kitchener 05, Toronto 05, Toronto 06, Toronto 06