Options

PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,192
    Another one?! First player in team history with 3 homers in first 6 games...
    good thing we couldn't get him into the lineup earlier since you know we had to play tommy joseph every day :angry:  
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,248
    edited August 2017
    pjhawks said:
    good thing we couldn't get him into the lineup earlier since you know we had to play tommy joseph every day :angry:  
    So you agree now that it's stupid to platoon two right handed hitters? Tommy Joseph blows. Once Altherr is back, he needs to be benched.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    So you agree now that it's stupid to platoon two right handed hitters? Tommy Joseph blows. Once Altherr is back, he needs to be benched.
    platoon was a better alternative than keeping him in the minor leagues so no. it was stupid to keep him in the minor leagues because of tommy joseph and it's even dumber to have him play a new position for 2 fucking months because of tommy joseph.  

• Options
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    platoon was a better alternative than keeping him in the minor leagues so no. it was stupid to keep him in the minor leagues because of tommy joseph and it's even dumber to have him play a new position for 2 fucking months because of tommy joseph.  

A platoon of two right handed hitting first basemen is stupid so it's not surprising you advocated it. They should've benched Joseph the moment they realized nobody would give them a bucket of balls for him in return.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,598
    Seems like everyone can agree that playing your top prospect out of position for 2 months because of Tommy Joseph is incredibly friggen stupid.
  • Options
    Seems like everyone can agree that playing your top prospect out of position for 2 months because of Tommy Joseph is incredibly friggen stupid.
    Yep.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

A platoon of two right handed hitting first basemen is stupid so it's not surprising you advocated it. They should've benched Joseph the moment they realized nobody would give them a bucket of balls for him in return.

wasn't my first choice. it was in response to the organization saying they couldn't have both on the same roster...for a team that was almost 30 games under .500 at the time i found that assertion to be incredibly fucking stupid.  and i was right.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

wasn't my first choice. it was in response to the organization saying they couldn't have both on the same roster...for a team that was almost 30 games under .500 at the time i found that assertion to be incredibly fucking stupid.  and i was right.
    You were not right about platooning two right handed hitting first basemen. That is dumb and why no team does it. Trade or bench Joseph. That's what they should've done. He sucks. I think you agree with that assertion now. So we've made progress. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

You were not right about platooning two right handed hitting first basemen. That is dumb and why no team does it. Trade or bench Joseph. That's what they should've done. He sucks. I think you agree with that assertion now. So we've made progress. 
    i was correct about not having Hoskins on the team because of Tommy Joseph was stupid.  even you agree with that.  
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

i was correct about not having Hoskins on the team because of Tommy Joseph was stupid.  even you agree with that.  
    Other than your ridiculous platoon argument, my other beef was your not wanting to even trade Joseph because you were not sure if Hoskins could play here or not. So I don't know man...a lot of the stuff you say doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

I'm just glad to see him up here now. Hopefully he gets moved to first soon.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

Other than your ridiculous platoon argument, my other beef was your not wanting to even trade Joseph because you were not sure if Hoskins could play here or not. So I don't know man...a lot of the stuff you say doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

wow so 7 games in and that .190 batting average has already proven to you Hoskins can play every day in the major leagues?  little early for that leap of faith don't you think?.  see Brown, Dom for an example of too soon to tel.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

wow so 7 games in and that .190 batting average has already proven to you Hoskins can play every day in the major leagues?  little early for that leap of faith don't you think?.  see Brown, Dom for an example of too soon to tel.
    Leap of faith for him to be a better every day player than Tommy fucking Joseph?  ....? What? That is not that big a leap, fella.

Listen, no one ever accused you of having any shred of foresight. But compare both of their numbers in the minors and look at the below average numbers Joseph is putting up with the Phils and then you tell me which one is more likely to have better success at this level. 

You never make sense. Like....never ever. Golly gee. 
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

Leap of faith for him to be a better every day player than Tommy fucking Joseph?  ....? What? That is not that big a leap, fella.

Listen, no one ever accused you of having any shred of foresight. But compare both of their numbers in the minors and look at the below average numbers Joseph is putting up with the Phils and then you tell me which one is more likely to have better success at this level. 

You never make sense. Like....never ever. Golly gee. 
    holy fuck balls, below is exactly what I posted above and you can't even fucking understand what I wrote???? wtf dude I said leap of faith to be an every day major league player.  At no point in my post about leap of faith did i mention tommy joseph.  And somehow i don't make sense because you can't even fucking read what I wrote?  just stop.

wow so 7 games in and that .190 batting average has already proven to you Hoskins can play every day in the major leagues?  little early for that leap of faith don't you think?.  see Brown, Dom for an example of too soon to tel
    Post edited by pjhawks on
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Your defending your argument of not wanting to trade Tommy Joseph because you don't know if Hoskins can be an every day player. Nobody does. But we know the guy blocking him is not very good. So the leap of faith in this scenario would be him being better than a below average first baseman and I kind of like those odds.  I'm not advocating playing him over a 27 year old Frank Thomas or anything. 

This is elementary stuff here, Takes. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Your defending your argument of not wanting to trade Tommy Joseph because you don't know if Hoskins can be an every day player. Nobody does. But we know the guy blocking him is not very good. So the leap of faith in this scenario would be him being better than a below average first baseman and I kind of like those odds.  I'm not advocating playing him over a 27 year old Frank Thomas or anything. 

you are taking bits and pieces of different posts by me and placing them together to frame your own argument.  i will call you out on that every time. it's wrong to do it and i won't let you get away with it without commenting. understand? it's really not difficult.
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    edited August 2017
    Another loss last night!  I have learned to love this season.  On pace for 100+ losses in far and away the worst division in MLB.  Impressive, even for the dipshits running this organization.

Odubel Herrera might be my most hated Phillie ever.  Dude is dumber than a box of rocks.

One year later taking Moniak over Senzel (to save 100k) is looking like a horrendous decision.  Add it to the never ending list of stupidity under MacPhails' watch.

Read an article yesterday about how Slippery Pete made the team have mandatory practice on fundamentals after fucking up the defense of a first and third play (which allowed Will Myers to steal home - which was his third steal of the inning).  You can't make this stuff up.  Most players learn how to defend the first and third play in little league.  Then in high school/legion ball.  Then in the minors/college ball.  Fact that this organization has to focus on remedial shit like this tells you all you need to know about their ability to effectively develop talent.  What a god damn joke.

Keep on losing and start the firing!!
    Post edited by The Fixer on
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,450
    the fact that matt moore got his first win in two months and two hit your boys last night, made me check in on this thread.

I've been paying no attention to the phils except to know they apparently suck even worse than my giants.

so WTF happened? the last I remember, you all were ecstatic to see amaro and cholly go. is there anyone of value on your whole team, outside of nola? tommy joseph came from the giants, right?

if it makes you feel any better, the only way for the giants to be better next year is for panik, pence, belt, crawford, span, smardizja, moore and most of the bullpen to be better next year....and I don't see any one of those things (except maybe crawford) happening. is there hope for the phillies? are they going the sam hinkie route?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    JP's been crushing it the last two months....so naturally the Phils are moving him to third because FRED GALVIS is blocking him at short. Come the fuck on. Galvis has actually played third before. Just move him over there if you're intent on sitting Franco. I read they are thinking of moving Kingery somewhere too to get him at bats. Galvis, Cesar, and tommy Joseph are place holders. I don't understand why these guys would be blocking their top prospects from coming up. 

Young Hoskins went deep AGAIN today??
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

you are taking bits and pieces of different posts by me and placing them together to frame your own argument.  i will call you out on that every time. it's wrong to do it and i won't let you get away with it without commenting. understand? it's really not difficult.
    Hahaha. Come up with a coherent argument next time, 'Takes. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,770
    edited August 2017
    JP's been crushing it the last two months....so naturally the Phils are moving him to third because FRED GALVIS is blocking him at short. Come the fuck on. Galvis has actually played third before. Just move him over there if you're intent on sitting Franco. I read they are thinking of moving Kingery somewhere too to get him at bats. Galvis, Cesar, and tommy Joseph are place holders. I don't understand why these guys would be blocking their top prospects from coming up. 

I don't think I have a problem with Crawford playing 3rd. Though, I'd say if you're gonna do that then why not move Gavlis to 3rd since Crawford is your supposed long-term answer at short?

Biggest reason I can think of is you want to showcase Freddy at short as much as possible to sell as high as possible in the offseason.

Hoskins impresses me - before even hitting the Majors - due to the approach at the plate. That is not an acquired skill. You either are capable of that or you're not.
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    the fact that matt moore got his first win in two months and two hit your boys last night, made me check in on this thread.

I've been paying no attention to the phils except to know they apparently suck even worse than my giants.

so WTF happened? the last I remember, you all were ecstatic to see amaro and cholly go. is there anyone of value on your whole team, outside of nola? tommy joseph came from the giants, right?

if it makes you feel any better, the only way for the giants to be better next year is for panik, pence, belt, crawford, span, smardizja, moore and most of the bullpen to be better next year....and I don't see any one of those things (except maybe crawford) happening. is there hope for the phillies? are they going the sam hinkie route?
    Not really.  Nola looks like he could be a decent starter.  I like Hoskins -- just wish they would put him at first, which is his long term position.

That's about it.  Future looks grim.  Won't change until they bring in a regime with some semblance of a clue to run things.
  • Options

Dude, it's absurd.  Galvis is a utility guy at best -- doesn't matter where he plays.  Just when you think this franchise can't get any dumber, they continue to amaze
  • Options
    Philly's own.....cruising up the Delaware and playing awesome music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9LgHNf2Qy0
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    so this new DVD is going to be a full on cubs circle jerk right?  this band needs to step things up.  I miss the good old days when they actually released good albums
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,450
    the cubs circle jerk aspect will definitely diminish it.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    i'll view it but won't buy it.  I guess if i was at Wrigley instead of Fenway it might be cool.

my favorite part of the announcement is that it will be shown on TV for the 1st time after game 1 of the ALCS on FS1.  After an American League playoff game? that will be about 1:00 am in the East.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    pjhawks said:
    Wobbie said:
    i'll view it but won't buy it.  I guess if i was at Wrigley instead of Fenway it might be cool.

my favorite part of the announcement is that it will be shown on TV for the 1st time after game 1 of the ALCS on FS1.  After an American League playoff game? that will be about 1:00 am in the East.
    DVR.  Being that it's shown on FS1 means there will be a thousand commercials.  No way I'm dealing with that in real time.
    This is all the Cleveland Indians fault.  If those dicks didn't blow that 3-1 series lead, we would still be making fun of cubs fans.  I was hoping for another 50+ years of that until I'm dead.

Also, even with the rain delay, the 2013 show at wrigley was better than the 2016 shows.  That's the show they should have released -- instead we are getting a cubs documentary.  Lame, though certainly not surprising with these guys
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    I agree with this ^^
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,845
    I agree with this ^^
    me too.  also I think the Fenway shows were better as well (Didn't go to either but did watch it and the set lists were better).

I am curious if the movie will be played in philly.  Someone mentioned Prince Theater but i couldn't find any info on it.  I would think The Troc would be better.  That's where PJ20 was played.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,598
    I agree with this ^^
    me too.  also I think the Fenway shows were better as well (Didn't go to either but did watch it and the set lists were better).

I am curious if the movie will be played in philly.  Someone mentioned Prince Theater but i couldn't find any info on it.  I would think The Troc would be better.  That's where PJ20 was played.
    Yeah it's on the site somewhere that they are going to have a week run at the prince.  I'll be there. Will be a fun evening