PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    chinese-happy.jpg
    The Fixer said:
    Wobbie said:
    The Fixer said:
    pjhawks said:
    is the Nats offense great because they have played the Phils 12 times or is the Phils pitching not quite as bad as it seems because they have played the Nats 12 times already?

has anyone else in either league played 33% of their games against one team like the Phils and Nats have so far? Phils schedule has been brutal.

and bring on the heat. can't wait until later in the week.
    The phillies just suck

The Fixer can be objective, while the juggler sees everything philly thru his rose colored glasses.
    tough to talk baseball in these parts.  have better convos about MLB with my dog.  (no offense to JP or cliffy -- we should get beers when cliff is done jetsetting.  It's been a while)
    Don't talk baseball with Wobbie or take this post seriously.  He is just trolling our Juggler to have a smile.
    Wobbie woots for every team except Los Doyers.
    Of course he took it seriously. He's a Trump supporter. Gullible by nature. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    Woot! One down, one to go on Sunday.  Joey Votto had what I'm sure for him was a career first

He struck out, popped out, and made an error.
    He also yelled Fuck very loudly and gave a fan the bird in a semi discreet manner.  The 12 yr old nephew was very amused by this.

Votto must be off the steroids. his body and head has gotten smaller.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Sigh

Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    as horrid as some of the Phillies teams have been in my lifetime it's kind of hard to believe that this one is having a month bad or worse than almost every other Phils team during that span.  just ugly.  Franco and Herrera are killing this team offensively.  And man this team gives up a lot of home runs.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    pjhawks said:
    as horrid as some of the Phillies teams have been in my lifetime it's kind of hard to believe that this one is having a month bad or worse than almost every other Phils team during that span.  just ugly.  Franco and Herrera are killing this team offensively.  And man this team gives up a lot of home runs.
    i was just thinking, this team  reminds of the late 80's/early 90's phillies.  just about unwatchable
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    The Fixer said:
    Wobbie said:
    The Fixer said:
    pjhawks said:
    is the Nats offense great because they have played the Phils 12 times or is the Phils pitching not quite as bad as it seems because they have played the Nats 12 times already?

has anyone else in either league played 33% of their games against one team like the Phils and Nats have so far? Phils schedule has been brutal.

and bring on the heat. can't wait until later in the week.
    The phillies just suck

The Fixer can be objective, while the juggler sees everything philly thru his rose colored glasses.
    tough to talk baseball in these parts.  have better convos about MLB with my dog.  (no offense to JP or cliffy -- we should get beers when cliff is done jetsetting.  It's been a while)
    Don't talk baseball with Wobbie or take this post seriously.  He is just trolling our Juggler to have a smile.
    Wobbie woots for every team except Los Doyers.
    Of course he took it seriously. He's a Trump supporter. Gullible by nature. 

listen up, fuggler.....I am about as far from a "trump supporter" as you could imagine.

I didn't see what kathy griffin posted, but, for me, there's no way it's over any line.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    ^Clearly wasn't referring to you there, Fobbie
    ---

So losing 10-2 and placing Velasquez on the DL has got to be the absolutely most perfect way to end the month of May. Am I right?

How bout those Ironpigs??
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Brand new stadium and the Braves still can't fill it.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Atlanta is a terrible sports town.

for as bad as the Phils have been and as bad as the weather has been Phils have actually drawn surprisingly well at home.  they are averaging around 28,000 so far. 
    pjhawks said:

for as bad as the Phils have been and as bad as the weather has been Phils have actually drawn surprisingly well at home.  they are averaging around 28,000 so far. 
    28,000?  i would not have guessed that.  3 in a row!  maybe they can gt out of the basement :lol:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    pjhawks said:

28,000?  i would not have guessed that.  3 in a row!  maybe they can gt out of the basement :lol:
    just looked it up. 27,116 per game to be exact so far.  I think they had something like 32,000 this past Saturday night.
    Nola looked great last night
    chinese-happy.jpg
    past two games he's looked pretty good.  Let's see if they can sweep The Braves tonight.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    past two games he's looked pretty good.  Let's see if they can sweep The Braves tonight.
    or not :lol:  actually forgot it was a 4 game series anyway.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited June 2017
     :confused:  only thing worst than that shirt was when they had those 'ill" shirts.  

isn't it great how everyone always thinks the next guy is the greatest thing.  a year or two ago it was Franco who was going to be our savior...now as he hits .220 and has pretty much sucked for the last year we move onto the next prospects.  everyone loves prospects until they actually show up and play.  These are the same type of idiots that didn't want to trade Kyle Drabek for Roy Halladay. 
    It's hope not think.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Prospects will break your heart.  Don't do it to me, Judge.
    edited June 2017
    Post edited by JK_Livin on
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    Dude. You zinged him with a clip from the very same movie. This is an all timer.

A tip of the cap to you, Miss Corningstone!

(and Aaron Judge can go directly to hell)
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Dude. You zinged him with a clip from the very same movie. This is an all timer.

ha it's easy to have hope and faith when you cheer for a team who has won 27 World Series titles. Phils fans not so much
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582

^

hahaha

chinese-happy.jpg
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:
    The Fixer said:
    Best thing I did was buy the At-Bat app for a measly $20 - now I can listen to the games at work, or anywhere really. In related news, Juggs, that sounds like jinx talk right there, ya mush.
    I thought so too.....also thought I jinxed them on Sunday with the broom comment. Fun team to watch again. Hope it lasts longer than it did last year
    not a fun team at all. I think they still lose 90 games. only long term pieces are neris and nola (valezquez if they move him to pen). so two bp pieces and no position players. farm system also sucks. fans excited about sweeping marlins and braves are same ones who were excited when eagles beat browns and bears to open their season. philly fans are so dumb
    here it is.  some people are better off not talking baseball

'fun team to watch'.  were you at an iron pigs game?
    to those of us that know what we're talking about this isn't hard to believe.  
    regardless of sport (but especially baseball) feel free to run stuff by me...I will tell you what's going to happen.  I'm here to help improve philly sport fan knowledge (easiest job ever)
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    nope - they stink too