Options

Malaysia Airlines loses contact with passenger jet

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,719
    PJ_Soul said:

brianlux said:

dignin said:

I highly doubt this plane is anywhere but at the bottom of an ocean. Stealing a plane is one thing, kidnapping/murdering 200+ people another. Kind of a hard thing to keep secret for this long, it goes well beyond common sense.

To say there is no legitimate intelligence of a crash is disingenuous, there is apparently radar/satellite evidence that leads the experts to believe that the planes last location was where they are now searching.

But I will admit there is no concrete evidence that is where it crashed....yet.

It's easy to look to some conspiracy or almost supernatural event to try to explain the unexplainable but that would be far to premature.

I'm sure with time, most, if not all will be explained.

The two things I have learned from this story so far is, 1- There are a lot of satellites up there and 2- There is a shit load of garbage in our oceans.

For sure!

A few nights ago we watched that space movie, Gravity and, ok, throw bean bags at me for saying this, but I thought that was one lame movie, but I really liked the idea of all those satellites busting up in space and falling and burning through the atmosphere. But alas, we would just blast more shit into orbit and besides much the wreckage would remain in orbit circling as space trash. Good God, do we know how to trash a planet or what!?

It was a movie for the eyes in 3D on the big screen.... I imagine it looked absolutely spectacular that way, and I'm sorry I missed seeing it that way. Because yeah, the story sucked shit without the impressive 3D experience. It was a movie absolutely NOT made for TV screens.

Also, blame the Russians apparently. Everything is their fault these days. ;)
    Yeah, I probably would have like it more on the big screen.

And what's that I hear... a rumbling in the distance...

THE RUSSIANS ARE COMING, THE RUSSIANS ARE COMING!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Disappearance of MH370 NOW A CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION!
    http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/01/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-plane/

There ya go folks.
    Not just crazy conspiracy.
    Malaysian authorities now acting on the assumption of a criminal motive.
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    still ... the official word is still crash ... but if it indeed has crashed ... it would appear that whoever is responsible for this purposefully flew it into an area that would make finding the plane extremely difficult ... what is the motivation? ... lots of things still don't add up ...
  • Options
    Interesting theory here that makes sense:

http://www.wired.com/2014/03/mh370-electrical-fire/
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Is total system failure possible? And they ended up climbing to an altitude where hypoxia set in?
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    im not always a believer in Occam's Razor, but in this case I sure am. The ONLY motive I can think of to steal a plane, hide it away, and not tell anyone in the world is to drive up media ratings, and that is just way too easy to do with celebrities to bother with hijacking a plane.
    Maybe I will eat my words, but, unless someone comes forward with a motive that makes sense I just can't believe it didn't simply crash.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    DriftingByTheStormDriftingByTheStorm Posts: 8,684
    edited April 2014
    OMFG.
    LISTEN TO THIS ON CNN!! !! !!
    I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY LEFT HER ON THE AIR!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpKot27qbyw#t=162

Girlfriend of Phillp Woods SAYS MOST FAMILY MEMBERS OF ALL THE FAMILIES ***FULLY BELIEVE THE PLANE IS STILL INTACT AND PASSENGERS ALIVE SOMEWHERE*** ... she says it is "THE COMMON THEME" between them all.

"LOGICALLY, IT'S THE ONLY THING THAT MAKES SENSE".

wow. mind is blown they let this on the air.
    "ALOT OF PEOPLE SAY IT MIGHT BE THE UNITED STATES THAT IS INVOLVED"
    WHOA.
    ??? BLOWN ???
    rgambs said:

im not always a believer in Occam's Razor, but in this case I sure am. The ONLY motive I can think of to steal a plane, hide it away, and not tell anyone in the world is to drive up media ratings, and that is just way too easy to do with celebrities to bother with hijacking a plane.
    Maybe I will eat my words, but, unless someone comes forward with a motive that makes sense I just can't believe it didn't simply crash.

No one has the answers, because so much has been withheld.
    I've heard numerous theories, ranging from valuable cargo on board (gold, military hardware?), to something to do with the Freescale employees (Carlyle Group \ Rothschild's Blackstone Group company), to something to do with another western friendly country (Israel?) having tried to use the plane in some false flag op or something but the Western governments pulled an abort job on it and landed it at Diego Garcia or somesuch ... WHO KNOWS. But this lady is right, the official story is a load of hogwash and it seems NONE of the family members are buying it at this point.
  • Options
    http://www.themalaymailonline.com/malaysia/article/report-mh370-deliberately-skirted-indonesian-radar-malaysian-source-says

The highly skilled pilot that performed this evasion did not go through all the trouble and forethought to simply nosedive in to the ocean. Something stinks about this story.
  • Options
    thing is - if the plane did indeed head south ... there really is no place for it to land ... still a complete mystery ...
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    This is looking more legit.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/07/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-plane/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

"The first detection lasted for more than two hours; a second lasted for about 13 minutes"
  • Options
    dignin said:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/07/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-plane/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

"The first detection lasted for more than two hours; a second lasted for about 13 minutes"

Whoa- possibly 14,800 feet deep- reachable, but mighty deep.

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    brianlux said:

dignin said:

Whoa- possibly 14,800 feet deep- reachable, but mighty deep.

Ya, crazy to think about. Even crazier if they do find the plane down there. The math and technology involved in possibly finding this plane is staggering.

• Options
    Wouldn't it be something if China pulls one box out of the ocean and claims it to be "the one", and Britain, the Aussies, US and whatnot pull a box out of the ocean and claim it to be "the one". Now that would be something. Each with their own little reason why they wanted it to go down or disappear and now they both have the answer.

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    This is the last chance they may get before the batteries go dead. You would think they would make then last more then a month.
  • Options
    Jason P said:

This is the last chance they may get before the batteries go dead. You would think they would make then last more then a month.

i think it's indicative of how unlikely this situation is ...
  • Options
    They are not getting anymore pings. It appears this will be a mystery likely to never be solved ....
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,158
    Jason P said:

They are not getting anymore pings. It appears this will be a mystery likely to never be solved ....

unbelievable.

so sad for the families.

maybe they will get a text from the airline stating that they give up the search.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,279
    i just heard a ping
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Jason P said:

They aren't getting any more pings because it wasn't the black box. The chinese ship was using a shallow water pinger and using it to look for something over 14000 feet deep. They were carrying a spare pinger on board which could very likely have been the source of the errant pings ... they could essentially have been pinging their other pinger ... and even if they had the right equipment they were needle in a barn full of haystack searching based on "information" that was questionable at best (but how would the public ever know, since that data was never made available in any form what so ever).

For the final time, this plane was involved in some sort of "operation". By whom (or by what government) we do not know. The facts certainly indicate that it was well thought out, and was executed with precise timing. The likelihood that the perpetrators of this act -- a person or persons whom methodically disabled all communications systems and then very skillfully skirted radar -- pulled all of this off only to crash into the ocean seems pretty slim to me.

The implications of this case are rather alarming, and even more so that the media seems largely silent over it. (not silent over the incident itself, but over the larger implications of a plane being methodically communications-disabled and covertly maneuvered)

Something sinister has happened, and we should all feel a bit more uneasy than sad at this point.
    Believing it to be tragically at the bottom of the ocean is more likely to cause you to have a false sense of security about the event, when in fact you should be looking at it as on open ended criminal investigation with potentially serious outcomes as of yet unidentified.

• Options

so sad for the families.

seems from what I've read and heard reported that most of the families are more angry than sad at this point. And the overwhelming consensus among them is that the plane is intact somewhere, and that they are being stonewalled and lied to at every turn.

• Options

Jason P said:

They aren't getting any more pings because it wasn't the black box. The chinese ship was using a shallow water pinger and using it to look for something over 14000 feet deep. They were carrying a spare pinger on board which could very likely have been the source of the errant pings ... they could essentially have been pinging their other pinger ... and even if they had the right equipment they were needle in a barn full of haystack searching based on "information" that was questionable at best (but how would the public ever know, since that data was never made available in any form what so ever).

For the final time, this plane was involved in some sort of "operation". By whom (or by what government) we do not know. The facts certainly indicate that it was well thought out, and was executed with precise timing. The likelihood that the perpetrators of this act -- a person or persons whom methodically disabled all communications systems and then very skillfully skirted radar -- pulled all of this off only to crash into the ocean seems pretty slim to me.

The implications of this case are rather alarming, and even more so that the media seems largely silent over it. (not silent over the incident itself, but over the larger implications of a plane being methodically communications-disabled and covertly maneuvered)

Something sinister has happened, and we should all feel a bit more uneasy than sad at this point.
    Believing it to be tragically at the bottom of the ocean is more likely to cause you to have a false sense of security about the event, when in fact you should be looking at it as on open ended criminal investigation with potentially serious outcomes as of yet unidentified.

The Chinese ship was 600 miles away. As far as I'm aware, the range of picking up a Ping is 2 - 3 miles at best.

The black box is dead. The plane is dead. The answer is Davy Jones locker.
  • Options
    Uh oh ... here we go again ...
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/brucedorminey/2014/04/09/searchers-for-malaysia-mh370-detect-two-new-electronic-pings/
    "Major Break Through" "Two New Pings Detected"

Will Drifting eat his words?
    How do feet taste?
    Will we ever know?
    Hrrrrmmmm.
  • Options

Uh oh ... here we go again ...
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/brucedorminey/2014/04/09/searchers-for-malaysia-mh370-detect-two-new-electronic-pings/
    "Major Break Through" "Two New Pings Detected"

Will Drifting eat his words?
    How do feet taste?
    Will we ever know?
    Hrrrrmmmm.

Even if these are the boxes, at a two hour loop on the conversation box, and everybody out like a light, it will reveal no voices whatsoever as it will have looped a couple of times. And as for the other box, we will see that the coordinates had been reset or tampered with and the story goes to the grave with all the mystery that all ready surrounds this story.

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

• Options
    this thing totally feels like the WMD in Iraq thing ... oh, breaking news ... boxes found in abandoned warehouse ... oh wait ... they had peanut butter in them ... next ... only when they figured the public didn't care that there was no WMD did they stop the fiasco ...
  • Options
    polaris_x said:

this thing totally feels like the WMD in Iraq thing ... oh, breaking news ... boxes found in abandoned warehouse ... oh wait ... they had peanut butter in them ... next ... only when they figured the public didn't care that there was no WMD did they stop the fiasco ...

Keeping us all distracted from other goings ons? Could be!

• Options
    Jason P said:
    Hmmm.
    Literally the only article to be found claiming this. Shouldn't MSM be ALL over this? Can anyone with a tube turn it on and verify that they are hyping the shit out of this claim?

If this is true it is just going to raise infinitely more questions than it solves without some solid info on the flight recorder. Where the fuck was this thing headed, incognito, and why? I mean seriously. The only goddamn thing south of Australia is Antarctica ??? This thing didn't just get turned around/lost!
  • Options

Jason P said:
    Hmmm.
    Literally the only article to be found claiming this. Shouldn't MSM be ALL over this? Can anyone with a tube turn it on and verify that they are hyping the shit out of this claim?

If this is true it is just going to raise infinitely more questions than it solves without some solid info on the flight recorder. Where the fuck was this thing headed, incognito, and why? I mean seriously. The only goddamn thing south of Australia is Antarctica ??? This thing didn't just get turned around/lost!

Jason P said:
    Hmmm.

Yeah, I'm still skeptical as the guy making the claims is not directly involved is the search, but he is well regarded in the search community. Time will tell.

If it is the plane, I agree that something criminal happened. I doubt you can sneak a Boeing into Australia. Unless the is a Dr. Evil volcano base it doesn't make any sense.

So the game continues ....