Malaysia Airlines loses contact with passenger jet

Comments

• polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    ya ... cuz not necessarily accepting a position without any proof, evidence or motive is crazy ... i just wished people would just let people form an opinion without having it constantly hit with snide remarks ...
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    edited April 2014
    You are free to have whatever opinion you want. So am I. So is everyone else.

Again...better the thread goes quiet than we have these kind of discussions.

Also, the "crazy" comment wasn't directed at any single theory in particular.
    Post edited by JimmyV on

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    The way I see it all theories can and should be open for discussion ... because there is zero evidence that this plane has crashed. If it had crashed wouldn't something had floted to the surface by now?
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    lukin2006 said:

The way I see it all theories can and should be open for discussion ... because there is zero evidence that this plane has crashed. If it had crashed wouldn't something had floted to the surface by now?

exactly ... but yet people feel like to make condescending remarks about others and stifle discussion ...
    All theories are open for discussion. No discussion has been stifled. If anyone has a new theory or something new to say about an old theory they should say it.

This thread went dark for a week because there was very little new information, not because anyone forgot about this plane.

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    JimmyV said:

PJ_Soul is right. There has been very little new to talk about. Better the thread goes quiet for a week than we fill it with crazy theories and even crazier arguments about those theories.

jimmyv is correct. we should all shut up and stop thinking...about anything really, until our respective governments and media tells us how to think and act.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Again...if anyone has something new to say they should say it. That no one is saying anything new kind of proves my point.

Let's recap what we know ...

Official Story: Plane crashed somewhere in the southern Indian Ocean off the west coast of Australia
    Why It's Possible: Because the officials tell us this, pings from the plane have interpreted the arc of the flight path to be either in this area or north towards afghanistan however the norther arc is dismissed as plane would have been picked up from radar and there was apparently no sightings.
    Why It's Not Possible: There has been no debris found, intense search for this plane spanning multiple countries, resources and technology have so far produced zero evidence that the plane indeed has crashed here.

Alternative Theory 1 - Diego Garcia: Plane was purposefully diverted from its course to a US controlled military base just south of the Maldives.
    Why It's Possible: Accepted length of flying time/fuel would allow for the plane to land there, pilot had airstrip programmed into simulator, island residents say they spotted a plane matching plane's description in the early hours the morning after plane's disappearance.
    Why It's Not Possible: It is not part of the arc described by officials, not official story

In both cases we should discuss motive. What is more plausible?

Official Story: We have to believe that whoever took control of the plane and purposefully turned off key communication pieces just as it was between two international air spaces and then deliberately flew to avoid radar was for the purpose of crashing the plane into the indian ocean in an area that has essentially made the plane unfindable.

Alternative Theory 1: If we are to believe this theory - we then know that a national entity is involved (the US). Who was on that plane or what was on that plane that would force this operation? If this plane did indeed land there - the resulting cover-up is fairly straight forward. This theory would at least explain the diversion in flight path and the purposeful turning off of communication systems.

I would go with unlikely rather than not possible. Anything is possible, especially because we know so little. I think Diego Garcia is unlikely. Stealing a plane full of Chinese nationals is far too overt a move for a covert operation. I don't think it would be risked.

I still think the plane suffered catastrophic system failure and is on the bottom of a very deep part of the ocean. Perhaps one of the pilots or crew deliberately crashed it there, or perhaps a passenger or passengers attempted to hijack the plane. I just don't think that scenario is as likely.

Again though...we don't know.

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    JimmyV said:

I would go with unlikely rather than not possible. Anything is possible, especially because we know so little. I think Diego Garcia is unlikely. Stealing a plane full of Chinese nationals is far too overt a move for a covert operation. I don't think it would be risked.

I still think the plane suffered catastrophic system failure and is on the bottom of a very deep part of the ocean. Perhaps one of the pilots or crew deliberately crashed it there, or perhaps a passenger or passengers attempted to hijack the plane. I just don't think that scenario is as likely.

"perhaps"..."perhaps".....ENOUGH! we only deal with facts!

hahaha.....all opinions are on the table with this one man. all of them.
    chinese-happy.jpg

Agreed...at this point, everything is.

• lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087

JimmyV said:

PJ_Soul is right. There has been very little new to talk about. Better the thread goes quiet for a week than we fill it with crazy theories and even crazier arguments about those theories.

jimmyv is correct. we should all shut up and stop thinking...about anything really, until our respective governments and media tells us how to think and act.
    Most of the population already do that.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    I havent been keeping up with this thread but I have to say the whole story sounds fishy to me, I'm starting think this will never be solved and for good reason.

Godfather.
    polaris_x said:

lukin2006 said:

exactly ... but yet people feel like to make condescending remarks about others and stifle discussion ...
    well at least this crash or crash story has taken some media attention away from obama's political crash.

Godfather.

(CNN) -- It is one of the most enduring mysteries of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, and for the families, it's a reason for hope.

Why didn't Flight 370's emergency beacon work?

Why didn't the beacon send a distress signal to satellites overhead?

And the clincher: Why, if the beacon is designed to activate on impact, should we believe there was an impact? Could the plane have landed intact? Could the 239 passengers and crew still be alive?

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/25/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-flight-370-beacons/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Godfather.
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303

polaris_x said:

lukin2006 said:

well at least this crash or crash story has taken some media attention away from obama's political crash.

Godfather.

http://memegenerator.net/instance/48993019

;)
    still no word on this missing plane ? I havn't heard anything....I'll bet E.T's have it and are doing freaky expermental stuff with their minds and bodies .....KIDDING ! =))

Godfather.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474

still no word on this missing plane ? I havn't heard anything....I'll bet E.T's have it and are doing freaky expermental stuff with their minds and bodies .....KIDDING ! =))

Godfather.

Well you never know....
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • How long does the airplane have to be gone for, before the company who now owns those nice patents can put them to use or make sure they never see the light of day?

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

• The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    I wonder if James Cameron is helping in the search?
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
    Another new search zone 3,000 miles away? This plane may never be found. Can't imagine what it must be like for the families.

Eventually something will wash up somewhere.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • I havent been keeping up with this thread but I have to say the whole story sounds fishy to me, I'm starting think this will never be solved and for good reason.

Godfather.

Sure beats this from earlier in the thread.

it's enteraining to guess and rerad the guess's of others and there is always someone that knows better than the rest just because they believe them selfs to the most logical of the group..... and they are enteraining as well........... :))

Godfather.

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

JimmyV said:

"perhaps"..."perhaps".....ENOUGH! we only deal with facts!

I can't wait until the history channel / ailen abuction show gets a hold of this LOL!!!

Godfather.

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I know it's par for the course - almost necessary, even - to joke about this and similar tragedies ...but if I were among those STILL after all this fucking time waiting for some concrete information about people they loved, lived with, were parents to...it'd make me sick to my stomach.
    hedonist said:

I know it's par for the course - almost necessary, even - to joke about this and similar tragedies ...but if I were among those STILL after all this fucking time waiting for some concrete information about people they loved, lived with, were parents to...it'd make me sick to my stomach.

if any of us had family or friend on that plane there would be no jokes, good point......but if that plane is not found you can bet some sifi fan will call it a possible UFO abduction.

Godfather.

edited May 2014
    hedonist said:

It's just human nature. If we as a species didn't do such things we'd all kill ourselves from depression.
    hedonist said:

Agreed. That was part of my thinking in suggesting it was better that this thread go quiet until there were new developments to discuss.

Even if the plane were to be found tomorrow and each and every body recovered, if it were my loved ones I'm not sure I could ever come to terms with it. I would always wonder why it took so long, did they survive for awhile, could they have been saved by a quicker/better search...etc.

• JimmyV said:

hedonist said:

Agreed. That was part of my thinking in suggesting it was better that this thread go quiet until there were new developments to discuss.

Even if the plane were to be found tomorrow and each and every body recovered, if it were my loved ones I'm not sure I could ever come to terms with it. I would always wonder why it took so long, did they survive for awhile, could they have been saved by a quicker/better search...etc.

As you are Jimmy V real quick to dismiss the 911 stuff that goes on here. What do you think as to the missing plane. Inside job? Or some random Arab who knew the inner workings of a jet airliner and has the whole world stumped? Just curious.

Well, right now we don't know for certain what has happened. That much is for certain.

What do I think happened? I think the plane crashed into one of the most remote bodies of water on Earth and has been there the whole time, waiting to be found. I'm not sure, even now, that the correct search zone has been properly identified.

As for whodunit, we don't know that anyone done anything. Yet.

Is it possible that one or both of the pilots conspired to abscond with or crash this plane. Yes.

Is it possible that some "random Arab" (your words) did the same? Yes.

Is it possible that the plane was whisked off to Diego Garcia for some nefarious reason and the passengers resettled alongside those from the 9/11 Pentagon plane? Yes.

Is it possible that the plane suffered massive, catastrophic system failure and crashed into the ocean without any suicidal tendencies, terrorist involvement, or covert operations? Yes.

I just look at that list of scenarios and the one that makes the most sense given the information we have is the last one. Hope that answers your question.