Options

Joseph Arthur to release Lou Reed covers album

goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,277
Joseph Arthur is releasing Lou, a 12-track album of Lou Reed covers in May
“You just never know what’s appropriate and what’s not, what to share and what to keep inside. There is no blueprint. I loved Lou and we were friends. The last thing I would want to do is turn his life into an opportunity, but at the same time, what better way to honor the man and his music than to celebrate it and sing it and record it?”
The Antiquiet article below includes the stream for Joe's version of Walk On The Wild Side

antiquiet.com/music/2014/02/joseph-arthur-pays-tribute-to-lou-reed-with-lou-cover-album-stream-walk-on-the-wild-side-here/

“Do not postpone happiness”
(Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
(Tim Rogers)

Comments

• Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    This will be cool to hear.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,534
    edited March 2014
    Just heard walk on the wild side now. I like it! He made it his own. Can't wait for the album. :)

Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Go see him if he's playing near you. So incredibly talented. His band currently consist of Bill Dobrow and Mike Mills (of REM!). Such a treat. And he always comes out after the show and hangs out by merch so you can chat with fans, take pictures, sign stuff etc. Such a nice, down to earth guy.

http://www.josepharthur.com/2012/tour/
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    He is a super nice guy for sure - talked to him after an RNDM show. If his solo show comes within even 500km of me I'll go. I'm a superfan. But so far he has no plans to come near me. Was really hoping to catch him on the Boogie Christ tour, but no such luck. Wish I lived in NY just so I could see him play a lot, lol.
    The bootlegs from his shows are phenomenal though. They really show off what a talented guitar player he is.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,784
    going to see him in NJ on the 19th...studio stuff is great but live it's a totally wild experience...some people just bleed talent
  • Options
    Just heard Walk on the Wild Side. What a lovely version.
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,376
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    So I've been trying to buy the LP on Vanguard Records online and I get to the end, click complete order or whatever, and I get an error message, but no error showing, and a note saying to contact customer service to order. So I did that. No reply. :-??
    Where the fuck have I been btw??? Only noticed the first 50 LPs sold would be signed now, days and days after the pre-sale started with Vanguard Records. Dammit. Also, why no pre-sale of the vinyl anywhere else, like on Amazon?? CD and mp3 only. The LP isn't even for sale on Joseph's own website. :-/
  • Options
    May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,655
    i just preordered the cd off amazon.ca because i couldnt find anything about the vinyl either
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    May 30th said:

i just preordered the cd off amazon.ca because i couldnt find anything about the vinyl either

Oh, well it is for sale here (and only here), as noted on JA's facebook: http://www.vanguardrecords.com/

$22 plus shipping.
    There just seems to be something wrong with their checkout form for me (but it's not an unexpected problem - they clearly know that that is happening for some people since they include instructions on what to do if checkout doesn't complete).
  • Options
    JA has a podcast called Nothing To Talk About. I've listened to the first 3 so far (they are long) and they have all been incredibly fascinating with musicians who actually have lots to talk about. Next week #8 will be up with Danny Clinch! Check em out: http://www.josepharthur.com/podcasts/
  • Options
    NormanNorman Posts: 109
    Listening to the dull interview. Awesome. Thanks
    Suziemay said:

JA has a podcast called Nothing To Talk About. I've listened to the first 3 so far (they are long) and they have all been incredibly fascinating with musicians who actually have lots to talk about. Next week #8 will be up with Danny Clinch! Check em out: http://www.josepharthur.com/podcasts/

• Options
    Haven't gotten to that one yet, I loved the Paul Cantelon one. He had some great stories, plus I've seen Paul and Angela play, so very cool :)
    Norman said:

Listening to the dull interview. Awesome. Thanks

Suziemay said:

• Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,277
    edited July 2014
    Joseph Arthur and Reni Lane sit down for a very special One On One Session in Rebel Country in Red Hook Brooklyn, NYC and perform Joseph's entire Lou Reed tribute album "Lou" on February 22nd, 2014.
    audio by Joseph Arthur and video by: Ehud Lazin
    all songs by Lou Reed

Session setlist:

Walk On The Wild Side
    Sword Of Damocles
    Stephanie Says
    Heroin
    NYC Man
    Satellite Of Love
    Dirty Blvd.
    Magic And Loss
    Men Of Good Fortune