Options

Rule 19: Never, under any circumstances, wear the t shirt of the band you are going to see

Comments

• Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    way better to wear a Pearl Jam shirt, than to wear a shirt by The Ramones, The Who, Bruce Springsteen or Neil Young and you can't name more than one or two albums and don't even know 10 songs by that group, that is the most ridiculous thing that happens at concerts, at least a third of the arena wears some sort of Pearl Jam shirt, wearing a shirt of a group or artist implies you are a fan, otherwise you are a hipster, a wanna-be and there ain't no more pathetic shit than that which happens at concert, well maybe the person screaming play Even Flow for the first hour of the show, when everyone in the building knows it is going to get played, or the people with the high pitched whistling or screaming (have respect for the people around you), but anyway people rocking their Pearl Jam shirts are far and away the least of any of the annoying shit that can happen at a concert, so keep on rocking the PJ, I know I will, I designed a new Pearl Jam shirt to wear to Memphis will send pics from the show, here's an old school bootleg from the 1995 Asian Tour
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    I got a lot of compliments on my shirt in Cincy -- always do when I wear this and encounter PJ fans. (The Ramones style shirt but the rare one that includes Boom in the circle around the evolution symbols)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    After spending 4 rainy, cold, days in Walt Disney World last February, seeing that ONE guy in a PJ shirt in Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe was like a revelation...
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697

After spending 4 rainy, cold, days in Walt Disney World last February, seeing that ONE guy in a PJ shirt in Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe was like a revelation...

Disney for 4 days? Wow,I couldn't handle that for more then an afternoon.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Being the phoniest place on earth, it was pretty trying.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    Unless you are Eddie Vedder in St.Louis
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I hate disney. My 8 year-old daughter also hates it. She would rather have an all-inclusive trip to Jamaica. P.S. it's the same price. :)
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I'm not a fan myself (I didn't go for myself or my kids, I was sort of working...), although that song that they play at the electric light parade gets pretty effing trippy after about 12 minutes.
    I'm a full grown man with almost 50 years clocked of bad decisions AND a bad attitude. I didn't even pay to get in or go there, so it's understandable that I would have a miserable time.
    How can an 8 year old girl HATE Disney World?
    Post edited by ikiT on
  • Options
    cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,626
    edited October 2014
    This has been de-bunked since a man in a band has worn a shirt of his own band to one of his band's shows. See EV STL 10/3/14
  • Options
    Tora74Tora74 Posts: 107
    cmalisze said:

This has been de-bunked since a man in a band has worn a shirt of his own band to one of his band's shows. See EV STL 10/3/14

Hell yeah! And he looked damn good in it too ;)
    We are all old enough to wear whatever the fuck we want! Wearing PJ shirt to concert only shows you love and support the band.

PEACE!!!

Things were different then. All is different now.
    3.29.94 St. Pete, FL
    9.21.12 Pensacola, FL
    11.1.13 New Orleans, LA
    10.14.14 Memphis, TN
    4.13.16 Jacksonville, FL
    EV 11.21.12 Memphis, TN
    EV 11.28.12 Orlando, FL
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697

I'm not a fan myself (I didn't go for myself or my kids, I was sort of working...), although that song that they play at the electric light parade gets pretty effing trippy after about 12 minutes.
    I'm a full grown man with almost 50 years clocked of bad decisions AND a bad attitude. I didn't even pay to get in or go there, so it's understandable that I would have a miserable time.
    How can an 8 year old girl HATE Disney World?

As a Floridian I'm obligated to inform you of the Disney alternative.Orlando can still be fun,and you can take the kids to parks at the same time.Skip anything Disney and head over to Universal/City walk.Kids can go to Universal Islands of Adventure,stay at One of the Universal resorts like Hard Rock and take the free boat ride to city walk.Drink all you want since no driving,have a great meal at one of the swanky restaurants and after the kids go to bed or are busy elsewhere (Bring a sitter??)head to the Karioke bar at City Walk.Full band backs up singers and they are tight.Its really fun to watch drunken tourists pretend to be Steve Perry or Madonna. Also check schedule ,Hard Rock live usually has descent acts and during Feb and March universal has Mardi Gras where Evry weekend they have a top act playing.Last year we went up for Weezer for example.
    If Orlando isn't your thing,then Busch Gardens in Tampa is always a descent day plus they have lots of beer.:)))
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    I am no fan of Corporate america but in defense of Walt Disney. As a child my parents would take me and my bro and 2 sisters to Florida for 2 weeks every year in the middle of winter. We would get homework to take so we didnt fall behind while away. 1 week in W. Disney at the Polynesian and 1 week in Miami. My father has been dead for a long time and yet those trips to Walt Disney are so ingrained in my memory and I thank god for the memories. God Bless Mr. Walter Disney
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    Rule #19....Dumbest rule ever
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I have been wearing my PJ shirt to every other show I have been going to!!!! And record store day too!!! Doesn't hurt this is the coolest shirt ever....
    photo FullSizeRender_zpsu5fxta9h.jpg
    Post edited by buck502000 on
  • Options
    moses562moses562 Posts: 1,382
    I am thinking of wearing a PJ shirt to The Who concert. I have listened to both and know plenty about both so I should be safe. Or more so it doesn't matter because I am there to listen to a band, enjoy the experience, and not judge anyone on what kind of shirt he/she wears. :peace:
    "A man has the right to be as big as he feels it in him to be." Ken Kesey
  • Options
    you should wear 2 PJ shirts. It would really confuse people. Come back from the toilet with a different shirt on. HAHAHAHA
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,774
    I'm so glad I've reached a point in my life that I don't give a shit about being judged about what I wear. Too many other things in life that warrant more attention.
  • Options
    brolocobroloco Posts: 1,237
    I actual like seeing people with the band shirts at the actual band's show! You get to see past tour reminders, history, etc. I wouldnt wear it myself, but that's me. I applaud the people who do.

Rule # 1: be happy being yourself.
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,864
    there are no rules in rock and roll, except that there are no rules in rock and roll.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,610

I have been wearing my PJ shirt to every other show I have been going to!!!! And record store day too!!! Doesn't hurt this is the coolest shirt ever....

I didn't know Flea is a big Pearl Jam fan.

• Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,140

Looks like he's about to punch somebody out.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    no, just bragging to my friend who didn't get a redwings shirt at the show in Detroit. I should punch somebody out, the way I got hosed on the mystery vinyl sale. :)
  • Options
    EarlWelshEarlWelsh Buffalo, NY Posts: 1,103
    Only thing worse than wearing the shirt of the band you're going to see is when someone in that band is wearing one of the band's shirts.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    EarlWelsh said:

Only thing worse than wearing the shirt of the band you're going to see is when someone in that band is wearing one of the band's shirts.

I know that through the life of this thread it has been pointed out the Pearl Jam themselves have done this. (I recall Stone wearing the loomstate b/s tee at more than one show.)
    I hate this stupid rule and the idea that anyone is going to tell anyone else what they can wear to a concert. Wear what you like and enjoy it.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    EarlWelshEarlWelsh Buffalo, NY Posts: 1,103

EarlWelsh said:

I know that through the life of this thread it has been pointed out the Pearl Jam themselves have done this. (I recall Stone wearing the loomstate b/s tee at more than one show.)
    I hate this stupid rule and the idea that anyone is going to tell anyone else what they can wear to a concert. Wear what you like and enjoy it.
    Sure. Anyone can wear whatever they want. Would anyone actually tell them they can't wear a shirt to a concert? I wouldn't.
  • Options
    abedogabedog Posts: 4
    edited April 2015
    Wore my 'It doesn't get eddie vedder than this' tee to a pj gig. Eddie saw it, liked it, gave me the thumbs up and then threw me his tambourine. Wear whatever you want!
    Post edited by abedog on
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    I was at the Irving hall show back in 2006 and Flea was there rocking out.

• Options
    tinz.tinz. Posts: 2,686

Thoughts?

Why wouldn't you wear the band's shirt you are going to see? I enjoy seeing all the different pearl jam shirts from years past etc. I wouldn't buy a new shirt at the show and wear it, I'd save it for a future date.. but that's what makes it fun.. anyone that judges you for what your wearing is insecure looking for approval from others anyway.. have fun
    EV~Toronto Night 2 - 2008
    Toronto - 2009
    NYC Night 2 - 2010
    Toronto Night 2 - 2011
    Music Midtown, Atlanta - 2012
    London,ON - 2013
    Wrigley Field, Chicago - 2013
    Buffalo - 2013
    Charlottesville - 2013
    Charlotte - 2013
    Detroit - 2014
    Ottawa - 2016
    Toronto Night 1&2 - 2016
    Wrigley Field 1, Chicago - 2016
    EV~Dana Point CA - 2016
    Wrigley Field 1, Chicago - 2018
  • Options
    GirlLovesPJGirlLovesPJ New Jersey Posts: 1,001
    I did and I will.
    2012: Philadelphia, Atlanta
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires, Chicago, Worcester 1 & 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Philadelphia 1 & 2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Oslo, Gdynia, Leeds, Cincinnati, St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2015: New York City, Mexico City
    2016: Miami, Columbia, New York City 2, Quebec City, Chicago 2
    2018: Seattle 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2
    2022: New York City 2, Camden
    2023: St. Paul 1 & 2, Chicago 2, Austin 1 & 2
  • Options
    whoyouare72whoyouare72 Chicago IL Posts: 2,070
    What are the first 18 rules?