Options

Rumor of a summer tour.

jbennett70jbennett70 Medford, MA Posts: 9
edited February 2008 in The Porch
A friend of mine who works for Live Nation told me that Pearl Jam is touring this summer, I said he was full of shit. Anyone else hear this rumor?

-Jason
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    don't know your friend so don't know if he in fact is full of shit--but hope the pj part is true.
  • Options
    well there's definitely been a rumor floating about for NYC area show(s?) in june, july or august i think? from one i would trust/consdier a reliable source. other rumors for philly......seen other cities mentioned....so a definite *buzz* floating about. true or not, we shall seeeeeee!

just please, do not have tix go on sale before april 15th! announce the dates/bvenues, SURE :D....but no way in hell would i have the time to invest in 'refreshing' all day to try and score tix! ack!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    I heard that Stone was also growing out his big Trans-Canada BEARD again!

Any confirmation on THAT ?!?
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    I hope this is true. Would make for a nice summer.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,942
    jbennett70 wrote:
    A friend of mine who works for Live Nation told me that Pearl Jam is touring this summer, I said he was full of shit. Anyone else hear this rumor?

-Jason

There have been some posts about possible US dates e.g. from someone whose relative works for Live Nation so your news sound promising.
    budapest.arnhem.antwerpen.vienna.madrid.katowice.nova_rock.nijmegen.rotterdam.berlin.dublin.belfast.london.venice.prague.stockholm.copenhagen.vienna.leeds.milton_keynes.padova.
    prague.seattle1.seattle2.chicago1
  • Options
    Well if they are playing TN in June it would make sense to visit NYC after, they need an urban shot!

well there's definitely been a rumor floating about for NYC area show(s?) in june, july or august i think? from one i would trust/consdier a reliable source. other rumors for philly......seen other cities mentioned....so a definite *buzz* floating about. true or not, we shall seeeeeee!

just please, do not have tix go on sale before april 15th! announce the dates/bvenues, SURE :D....but no way in hell would i have the time to invest in 'refreshing' all day to try and score tix! ack!
  • Options
    nbakyfannbakyfan Posts: 231
    How soon would they announce it you all think if there was one? By April? They announced the European Tour last year back in January...
    06/24/06: Cincy
    06/18/08: Columbia
    08/23/09 & 08/24/2009: Chicago
    05/06/2010: Columus
    05/07/2010: Indy
    05/20/2010 & 05/21/2010: NYC
  • Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,338
    Wouldn't it be nice if we still had the Rumor Pit to confirm that they are indeed planning a summer tour???
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,338
    jbennett70 wrote:

-Jason
    You should ask your friend if he knows of any dates yet!
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    Wouldn't it be nice if we still had the Rumor Pit to confirm that they are indeed planning a summer tour???

Ah, that would be awesome.
  • Options
    I just hope they come to Texas and Oklahoma.
    Dallas '98 - Dallas '00 - OKC '03 - Dallas '03

www.myspace.com/lance_gray

www.bonafidedarling.com
  • Options
    lance_gray wrote:
    I just hope they come to Texas and Oklahoma.

Texas -80% chance
    Oklahoma - 2% chance.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,294
    si
    lo vi el lunes pasado se ve guapisimo

AQUIEN ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options

I really miss those days...
    Minneapolis 98, Chicago 00, San Fransisco 00, Fargo 03, Thunder Bay 05, St Paul 06 (night 2), Chicago 08 (EV) both nights

Don't it make you smile?
  • Options
    My friend from Live Nation works in Boston. I sent him an email to see if I could get more details. I'll let everyone know as soon as I know.

-Jason
  • Options
    KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,091
    anything is possible...

if you buy enough lotto tickets someday you might win ;)
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • Options
    RhynoRhyno Posts: 304
    I actually asked the guys if they'd come by and play in my backyard this summer for a bbq I'll be throwing sometime in July. They said sure as long as they can have some burgers and cole slaw
    Cheers!
    Rhyno

11/30/1991 ~ 3/25/92 ~ 8/28/92 ~ 6/30/98 ~ 10/8/2000 ~ 6/18/2003 ~ 6/21/2003 ~ 6/26/2006 ~ 6/27/2006 ~ 7/7/2006 ~ 8/5/2007 ~ 6/24/2008 ~ ALPINE VALLEY in '09 ;-)
  • Options
    scw156scw156 Posts: 442
    Pearl Jam is fucking awesome.

It had to be said.

EDIT: 500th post too!
    The Sentence Below Is True
    The Sentence Above Is False
  • Options
    If I was a betting man I might think a tour might coincide with a certain political event that will occur this fall...hopefully kicking off with a boisterous get-out-the-Obama-vote shindig at the Gorge...but I'm not a betting man...
  • Options
    LUV2ROCKLUV2ROCK Posts: 140
    I'm a betting man ;)
    gus stills wrote:
    If I was a betting man I might think a tour might coincide with a certain political event that will occur this fall...hopefully kicking off with a boisterous get-out-the-Obama-vote shindig at the Gorge...but I'm not a betting man...
    73,XXX

Member since day 1 here in August 2003
  • Options
    I finally got a reply from my friend at Live Nation. He said they would be playing at the Tweeter Center in Mansfield, MA, but did not have any dates.

I agree with another post, that this will be most likely a 2008 Vote for change tour. The Tweeter Center sucks, and I really hope they schedule a date in Boston proper (the Garden).

The last VFC mini tour, they did not have any Ten Club tickets.

-Jason
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    I heard that Stone was also growing out his big Trans-Canada BEARD again!

Any confirmation on THAT ?!?

why can't he grow a beard for a damn midwest tour? honestly, i love both of you coasts but it would be great to have them come to the middle section of the midwest. minneapolis and fargo don't count. i'm talking missouri, kansas, arkansas, oklahoma, illinois.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    jbennett70 wrote:
    I finally got a reply from my friend at Live Nation. He said they would be playing at the Tweeter Center in Mansfield, MA, but did not have any dates.

I agree with another post, that this will be most likely a 2008 Vote for change tour. The Tweeter Center sucks, and I really hope they schedule a date in Boston proper (the Garden).

-Jason

i think they did actually. or we got a chance at tix before they went public.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    jbennett70 wrote:

-Jason

Great update! Thanks.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    I too heard from a reliable source that PJ is CURRENTLY (hence no announcements for a month or so) working out the details for a spring tour BEFORE bonnaroo

izod center NJ in may is what I heard
  • Options
    jbennett70 wrote:

-Jason

They did have 10c tickets - they where sold via Ticketmaster - each member got a unique code to use. There was no senority.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    Interesting when you consider the rumours of Ed doing a solo show in Toronto in mid-May ... there's definitely some bullshit somewhere ...

just passing on what I heard
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,294
    NJ not NY weird but any show is better than no show's i guess ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    I know. And I wasn't calling your post bullshit, I am just saying that right now we have 50 different people saying 50 different things ...

happens every time!
    Which is good because something is in the works and I will hopefully get to keep my streak of seeing PJ every year since 2003 alive.