Options

Eddie at Cat Power in Perth

Can confirm Eddie was at Cat Power tonight. I know this because he sat in the seat directly infront of me and my wife (she took a sneaky shot).
So he sat there for 2 hours infront of us totally incognito. My wife had written a note on the back of her business card asking if we could meet after the gig (she was going to place it on the vacant seat next to Eddie) but it was too late because before she put it there Ed was called upon stage for the last 2 songs 'Tonight you belong to me' and 'Needle and the Damage done'
After that we had no chance as several people rushed towards him as he exited through the side door.

So disappointed I didn't tap him the shoulder and show him my tattoo on my leg. Would've bee a subtle gesture saying thank you. I love your band!

Hard call to make cos you don't want to annoy him because he was enjoying the show.
Was nice when i recognised the intro to 'the greatest' and whispered that to my wife and Eddie overheard and turned with a smile and expression of 'Yes! Great song!'
I had it all once I gave it back

Comments

• Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    pazman said:

Was nice when i recognised the intro to 'the greatest' and whispered that to my wife and Eddie overheard and turned with a smile and expression of 'Yes! Great song!'

That's a much better interaction than if you had tapped him on the shoulder, IMO. Awesome!
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Was Chan drunk?
  • Options

Was Chan drunk?

Hope not.

But I will say, I'd love to hear more Cat Power and Ed duets!
    here for the music...
  • Options
    Suziemay said:

pazman said:

That's a much better interaction than if you had tapped him on the shoulder, IMO. Awesome!
    I agree with SuMay...super cool of him to react that way
    :-bd
  • Options
    moretonbayfigmoretonbayfig Australia Posts: 805

Suziemay said:

pazman said:

I agree with SuMay...super cool of him to react that way
    :-bd
    I fully agree :)
    Don't know about you, but I feel very fortunate to be a Sandgroper this week. It's kind of cool to think as I go about my regular routine - school drop off and pick up, grocery shopping, cooking, cleaning, working out etc. that Ed is somewhere nearby enjoying my city :)
  • Options
    pazmanpazman Posts: 197
    Don't think Chan was drunk.
    However her anxiety levels were through the roof. She apologised several times through the evening. A couple of times when she apologised Ed sort of gestured as if to say, 'What for?'
    She did fumble through a few songs but she is so sweet anyone can forgive her for that. I felt the two hours flew by.
    Can't wait for Friday and Saturday night.
    I had it all once I gave it back
  • Options
    withflyingcolorswithflyingcolors CO Posts: 467
    edited February 2014
    Awesome, great story!

I love Good Woman and freaked at the FLL '12 Ed solo show when she came out and sang it. No one in my section had a clue ha ha.