2014 Tour rumor... 50 date MLB tour???

NAUjackfanNAUjackfan Phoenix Posts: 2,340
edited January 2014 in The Porch
This is just me starting this, but Jason Aldean played the night after PJ at Wrigley and he's now announcing a 50 date MLB stadium tour.
Am I off base that PJ could be lining up the same type of tour. That would certainly be the kind of thing to keep Matt away from Soundgarden for the year.
http://news.yahoo.com/jason-aldean-announces-50-date-stadium-tour-174134239.html
tumblr_mtr9t5SROk1r0d33so1_400.gif
Click to visit the Arizona PJ Fans Page

PJ
PHX 98|ABQ, PHX, Seattle 00|PHX 03|Arras 10|PJ20 1&2 11|Missoula 12|PHX, SD, LA 1&2 13|Denver 14|Telluride 16
EV
Vegas 1&2, PHX 12|Ohana 16
TOTD
LA 16
Post edited by NAUjackfan on
Tagged:

Comments

• mr.macmr.mac Posts: 162
    I hope you're right, but it seems like a reach to connect anything Aldean does to what PJ will do. Is there any sort of connection other than they played consecutive nights at Wrigley last Summer?

Also, I give you credit for claiming credit in starting this rumor.
  • PJ51390PJ51390 Atlanta Posts: 728
    Anyone else read the subject and think Mother Love Bone???
    PJ51390 said:

Ha! I missed that, but good catch.
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    No way PJ plays that many shows, let alone stadium shows in a year.
  • rtwilli4rtwilli4 Posts: 261
    That's like 2 million tickets, not including next year's Euro dates. When is the last time PJ sold 2 million tickets in a year? 2006? 2000? '92?

And who is Jason Aldean?
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    PJ on the road for 50 straight gigs? Not seeing it.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    Pearl Jam Stadium Tour?
    I hope not.
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786
    I don't know how this Aldean guy plans to sell out 50 stadiums, unless thy're minor league fields. I don't think he even came close to selling out Wrigley as a one-off show. If I remember correctly, there were still tickets at face value day of show. Also, I believe pretty much everyone else who has played at Wrigley has sold the place out: Elton John/Billy Joel, The Boss, Jimmy Buffet, Paul McCartney, DMB, The Police, etc. It still confuses me how this yokel got the gig - should have been 2 nights of PJ!!!
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Not a chance in hell.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    demetrios said:

Pearl Jam Stadium Tour?
    I hope not.

Ditto. Wrigley's special, but I wouldn't want more stadium dates (unless they played Wrigley again). The places are WAY too big. PJ thrives in arenas, because they can still make the shows feel intimate, which is their special power. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Joey EakinsJoey Eakins Posts: 663
    edited January 2014
    CM189191 said:

I don't know how this Aldean guy plans to sell out 50 stadiums, unless thy're minor league fields. I don't think he even came close to selling out Wrigley as a one-off show. If I remember correctly, there were still tickets at face value day of show. Also, I believe pretty much everyone else who has played at Wrigley has sold the place out: Elton John/Billy Joel, The Boss, Jimmy Buffet, Paul McCartney, DMB, The Police, etc. It still confuses me how this yokel got the gig - should have been 2 nights of PJ!!!

Aldean broke records when he played back to back shows at Fenway. This "yokel" as you called him is insanely popular in country music and his last two records have been nothing but a major success in sales.

tasteofcountry.com/jason-aldean-fenway-park-records/

Learn to fucking use google......
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    Wow. That's a hell of a rumor to start, glad you took ownership of it. Might as well, right? Fuck it!
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    No thanks.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    A fifty show tour of any kind is not PJ's style anymore. Over a few legs, maybe, but there are only so many summer nights for venues like these.

Besides...we just need two nights at Fenway, anyway.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    Wow dude don't take offense, I had to look up Jeffrey Aldeensh too to see who he was

CM189191 said:

Aldean broke records when he played back to back shows at Fenway. This "yokel" as you called him is insanely popular in country music and his last two records have been nothing but a major success in sales.

Kind of hostile, no?. This seemingly is not a country music crowd so not knowing a country artist without googling him seems reasonable to me. I never heard of him until last Summer and that was only because I saw he was playing at Wrigley.

Maybe you should google "calm the fuck down and be nicer to people" or not.
  • NAUjackfanNAUjackfan Phoenix Posts: 2,340
    I only know who he is because I saw the Wrigley stage crew passes had his name on them (along with PJ).

Wow dude don't take offense, I had to look up Jeffrey Aldeensh too to see who he was

tumblr_mtr9t5SROk1r0d33so1_400.gif
    Click to visit the Arizona PJ Fans Page

PJ
    PHX 98|ABQ, PHX, Seattle 00|PHX 03|Arras 10|PJ20 1&2 11|Missoula 12|PHX, SD, LA 1&2 13|Denver 14|Telluride 16
    EV
    Vegas 1&2, PHX 12|Ohana 16
    TOTD
    LA 16
    :))
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Looks like we have a huge Jason Aldean fan on here.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    50 shows :))
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • rival9500rival9500 Posts: 530
    Please don't play any stadium shows. 1 every once in a long while as a special occasion is fine.
    1998: Pitt
    2000: Pitt
    2003: Pitt, State College, Columbus,DC, Hershey
    2004: Reading, Toledo, DC
    2005: Pitt
    2006: Cleve, Camden 1+2, DC, Pitt, Cinci
    2008: Camden 1+2, DC
    2009: Philly 3
    2010: Columbus
    2012: Philly
    2013: Pitt, NYC 1+2
  • kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,888
    50 shows would be nearly a two night stand in each MLB ballpark (30 teams). Not sure anybody creates that much demand.

• PJ51390 said:

That's exactly what came to mind. I didn't figure out what MLB was until I got to the very last post about ballparks. Doh!

• evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,836
    Target Field in mpls would save a spot for PJ.

Too bad PJ avoids MN like a disease.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • who the fuck is jason aldean?
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • PRL1JAMPRL1JAM Posts: 782

Looks like we have a huge Jason Aldean fan on here.

• SZ303389SZ303389 Posts: 453
    PJ51390 said:

hahaha, no, i guess after almost 24 years gone i don't expect any Mother Love Bone news. but wishful thinking, i like it.

ShawnZ
    please no more PJ/Aldean comparisons, now i'm nauseated.
    ShawnZ
    mr.mac said:

CM189191 said:

Kind of hostile, no?. This seemingly is not a country music crowd so not knowing a country artist without googling him seems reasonable to me. I never heard of him until last Summer and that was only because I saw he was playing at Wrigley.

Maybe you should google "calm the fuck down and be nicer to people" or not.
    LOL
    ShawnZ