Global warming

1202122232426»

Comments

• oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BCPosts: 8,775
    edited November 4
    rgambs said:
    Woohoo!  Just donated to the Honnold Foundation (fights impacts of climate change) for a chance to climb at Yosemite with Alex Honnold!
    Woohoo indeed! That would be amazing. I’m guessing Canadians aren’t eligible but I’ll check out the foundation anyway, as I’ve been meaning to do since seeing Free Solo. 

You'll be using ropes though, right? ;) 
    Post edited by oftenreading on
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    rgambs said:
    Woohoo!  Just donated to the Honnold Foundation (fights impacts of climate change) for a chance to climb at Yosemite with Alex Honnold!
    I climbed next to him once at my climbing gym.
    Once I realized who it was I just sat and watched.

Good luck
    I would just watch, too. 
    rgambs said:
    Woohoo indeed! That would be amazing. I’m guessing Canadians aren’t eligible but I’ll check out the foundation anyway, as I’ve been meaning to do since seeing Free Solo. 

You'll be using ropes rhough, right? ;) 
    Just checked and it is international, so I entered, too.

Good luck to us both ;)
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 25,001
    rgambs said:
    Awesome!
    rgambs said:
    I climbed next to him once at my climbing gym.
    Once I realized who it was I just sat and watched.

Good luck
    Wow!   Cool!

"Love and only love will break it down"
    -Neil Young
    M.I.T.S.

Rgambs, I think you’ve said that you mostly climb outside. Do you have a gym, too? 

Bentleyspop, which gym do you climb at? 

And do you guys mostly boulder, top rope or lead?  I’m doing about 50/50 bouldering and top roping right now. I used to lead and then changed gyms and haven’t yet gotten back in with a regular group of belay partners who want to lead. I think I might just retake the lead course to brush up. 
    Rgambs, I think you’ve said that you mostly climb outside. Do you have a gym, too? 

And do you guys mostly boulder, top rope or lead?  I’m doing about 50/50 bouldering and top roping right now. I used to lead and then changed gyms and haven’t yet gotten back in with a regular group of belay partners who want to lead. I think I might just retake the lead course to brush up. 
    How cool!  I sooo miss doing that kind of activity! 
    -Neil Young
    M.I.T.S.

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 11,374

No gym, I top rope with a static rappel rope lol 
    There's only one decent wall near me, an hour away.  I used to go a few times a year and do a couple easy routes.  It's been a few years, I could barely send a 5.8 last time I went, but I'm 40 lbs lighter and much stronger now.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, ColoradoPosts: 5,534

I actually don't currently climb due to injury.
    My local gym was Movement in Boulder.
    https://movementgyms.com

I used to mix it up. Mostly top rope, some lead, and some bouldering.

I actually don't currently climb due to injury.
    My local gym was Movement in Boulder.
    https://movementgyms.com

I used to mix it up. Mostly top rope, some lead, and some bouldering.
    Oh, damn - sorry to hear you’re injured. I hope you get back at it in due course. They looks like a good gym. I’d like to take that Power-Endurance course myself. 
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business...Posts: 2,653
    "says a draft management plan from the territorial government that contradicts much of conventional scientific thinking."

That should give you your answer right there.
    -Neil Young
    M.I.T.S.