Options

Happy New Years everyone!

PJ1973PJ1973 Winston-Salem, NC Posts: 399
edited January 2014 in The Porch
Usually I'm not a big fan of confessional posts, but nevertheless - I had a pretty shitty 2013 which involved a separation after 7 years of marriage and decades of friendship, limiting my time spent with my 2 young daughters, and all this had severe effects on my year at my job as well as in most other spots of my life.

One of the few good moments I had was two weeks in October where I got in a car and saw Pearl Jam for the first time since 2004. 4 shows, which may not be a lot to some folks, but it was a time that gave me something positive to look back on this year. I met a lot of good people along the East Coast and despite doing the trip on my own, never felt out of place, alone, or, hell, just awkward for being at a show alone.

Pearl Jam is not the only band I've followed in my life, but they're the only ones where I really felt I could walk up to anyone before or at a show, start a conversation and feel totally comfortable. I'm sure some of you are assholes, but I didn't encounter any of you over the two weeks ;)

There's a whole lot of bitching on these boards about this or that but in my opinion I've always seen that as less than the whole of this community, which generally has been friendly and open. So happy New Years everyone - you may not have known it, but you helped me get through this year. Thanks, and have a great 2014!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    lcusicklcusick Posts: 310
    I hope 2014 is a better year for you. Glad PJ helped! :D
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,223
    edited December 2015
    Have an amazing 2016 Jammers! :rock_on:

Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,223
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024