Options

***TRIESTE 22.06.2014*** Roll Call & Travel Guide

Comments

• Options
    maverickmaverick Posts: 1,184
    So the Milan thread has helpful information for post-concert logistics for getting back to hotels. Can anyone speak to what the options will be after this concert? Trieste sounds small, so I'm thinking options may only be to walk, catch a taxi if any are running at that hour, or a bus, again, if running at that hour… How safe or dangerous would the walk be from the stadium? Can anyone share info? Thanks
  • Options
    pjcordpjcord Posts: 75
    Count me in ...
  • Options
    jumbojetjumbojet Posts: 1,484
    maverick wrote:
    So the Milan thread has helpful information for post-concert logistics for getting back to hotels. Can anyone speak to what the options will be after this concert? Trieste sounds small, so I'm thinking options may only be to walk, catch a taxi if any are running at that hour, or a bus, again, if running at that hour… How safe or dangerous would the walk be from the stadium? Can anyone share info? Thanks

As far as I understand, there are a lot of hotels within the 3-5 km vicinity of the concert venue.
    The hotel I booked is 5 km from the venue (stadium), I plan to walk that distance. That's a walk along the shoreline. Sometimes it feels like shoreline is the safest place to walk, in any part of the world. :)

Seriously, it is Northern Italy so it shouldn't be dangerous. I listened to some unsafe stories about southern Italy from my wife but I think north Italy will be different.
    I wonder if you are a girl? If not, just don't keep too much money on yourself and everywhere is safe. They won't cut your kidney on the street. :?

I write this post new year drunk, so if doesn't make sense, excuses. :lol::lol::lol:
    What's your part, who you are?

2012: Arras, Berlin 1-2
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires
    2014: Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: NY MSG 1
  • Options
    guypaganoguypagano New Jersey Posts: 33
    My wife and I are in. We will be coming from Milan and staying at the Palace Suites. A nice B&B.
  • Options
    Air23Air23 Roma Posts: 1,351
    Where is people staying on the 21st night? Milano or Trieste?
  • Options
    mamacilmamacil Posts: 44
    Air23 said:

In Venice!
    London O2 18/08/2009
    Berlin 1 04/07/2012 Berlin 2 05/07/2012
    Milan 20/06/2014 Trieste 22/06/2014
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    Staying at the Hotel James Joyce - looks well located
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    terrym08terrym08 Posts: 370
    will be there, here Trieste is a great city.
  • Options
    JenfarrJenfarr Posts: 631
    mamacil said:

Air23 said:

In Venice!
    Same here! We land in Venice in the 21st, so we are staying there for a night! I want to ride a gondola with my hubby!

"McCready played on, lending credence to the theory that he was actually built in Stone’s basement from spare truck parts and vinyl records." - Glide Mag. review of MSG 7/8/03
  • Options
    mamacilmamacil Posts: 44
    Something says me I will see lot of PJ fans making a romantic trip in Venice on the 21st! For the people not in romance... what about meeting there? For lunch I mean! :))
    London O2 18/08/2009
    Berlin 1 04/07/2012 Berlin 2 05/07/2012
    Milan 20/06/2014 Trieste 22/06/2014
  • Options
    Sane MarySane Mary Posts: 223
    I'm going!
  • Options
    stankratzstankratz Posts: 183
    I have no idea what to expect from Trieste but I can't wait. Not only have I never been to Italy, but Trieste is a place which escaped my radar previous to the PJ tour announcement. But I guess the same could be said of other destinations that PJ have brought me to which enriched my life and will live long in my memory, i.e. Manchester in Tennessee, Nijmegen in The Netherlands.

Giving Milan a miss, we will be flying from Amsterdam to Trieste via Rome, this seems to not only be the most time efficient way but is also currently reasonable in price compared to doing that same journey by rail or car rental. The best prices I've found were courtesy of Ebookers. Skyscanners is also a helpful site for inter-European flights if you are on the look-out.

We traveled Amsterdam to Rostock, Germany by rail in between the Amsterdam/Berlin 2012 gigs and because of some delays in Hamburg we ended up on a train for 11 hours in total. The thoughts of going from Amsterdam even further to Trieste by train this year is an absolute nope for me. Would love to maximise the amount of time available to see Trieste and the surrounding area before going onto Berlin for Wuhlheide. I imagine I will be looking for relaxation and therapy in Trieste after the 4 days in Amsterdam which will precede it!

Also for anyone still to book a hotel in Trieste; we booked ours about 10 days ago. Then, there seemed to be a wide selection of reasonably priced nice hotels and lodgings. I went back to Booking.com earlier today to possibly change my selection, but the choice has decreased quite noticeably since I was last on the site almost 2 weeks ago.

Anyway, see you June 22nd!
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Wanted to throw a line out and see if anyone who is doing Trieste-Vienna is interested in joining my wife and I for some hiking and rock climbing (specifically Via Ferrata) in the Dolomites near Bolzano Bolzen. The rock climbing requires no experience, only physical fitness and the ability to cope with extreme heights. Train passage from Trieste to Bolzen is about 4-5 hrs, with about another hr by car to reach Val di Fasso where we will start. That afternoon (Mon 23rd) would be relaxation, and an entire day of hiking and climbing to follow, then down off the mountain in time to catch a night train (9:30pm)from Bolzen to Vienna arriving at 7am. This is crazy ambitious, I am aware, but you only live once AND WE WANNA LIVE OUR LIVES WITH THE VOLUME FULL!!!! JOIN US CRAZY PJ FANS!!!! LETS GET OUT ON NATURE DRUNK AND HIGH!!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Italian bump
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    kuciorkucior Posts: 28
    i'm in , count me please , someone staying in Center Hotel ?
  • Options
    wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    Since Trieste isn’t as popular as other cities there aren’t as many hotels and most of them seem to be sold out or very close to selling out for the night of the show. If you haven't booked yet I would suggest doing so very soon. I’m glad I did back in December; the rates have also more than doubled since I booked.
    NYPJ
  • Options
    kuciorkucior Posts: 28
    i'm looking for one 10c ticket for Triest , have 10c tic for Berlin to trade , please pm if You can help
  • Options
    FrancisGersbachFrancisGersbach Cape Town Posts: 43
    Flying in, Wife and I from South Africa... for Trieste and Vienna - for my 35th Birthday - First Pearl Jam Shows!!! @PearlJamSA on Twitter

Look forward to meeting you all... not a regular on the forum so please pardon me being a little green behind the ears.

COUNT ME IN!!!!
    first show - 22/6/2014 Trieste; 25/6/2014 Vienna associated other: Chris Cornell 21/3/2008 www.twitter.com/PearlJamSA - www.facebook.com/PearlJamSA "Oh I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the ones I love" #PJfam
  • Options
    dottles said:

Staying at the Hotel James Joyce - looks well located

My wife and I too! see you there... at least we can struggle to find the hotel as a group afterwards.
    first show - 22/6/2014 Trieste; 25/6/2014 Vienna associated other: Chris Cornell 21/3/2008 www.twitter.com/PearlJamSA - www.facebook.com/PearlJamSA "Oh I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the ones I love" #PJfam
  • Options
    Please add my wife and I to the list - Representing South Africa
    FaezaM said:

ROLL CALL please advise if your name is not listed/or if your plans have changed.

1. FaezaM
    2. PJStatTracker
    3. dimitrispearljam
    4. Kathi
    5. jumbojet
    6. jimed14
    7. wall232
    8. cropdustress
    9. siljo
    10. terrym08
    11. neutron baum
    12. devindoughty
    13. RP268314
    14. mamcil
    15. rianastudner
    16. its_ok
    17. Mettemunk
    18. pajo
    19. florence151
    20. gotsome10
    21. guacamolejoe
    22. VOLARE
    23. given2fly23
    24. maverick
    25. BHealy
    26. rgambs
    27. Chrisilein
    28. chelsea48
    29. Paulina87
    30. Nastasja
    31. Dr. Herman
    32. austin.macrae
    33. rianastudner
    34. RobbieC2008
    35. SU25397
    36. Jenfarr
    37. Wicksta
    38. Wilds
    39. Air23
    40. DS119296
    41. Fedeco

Everything TRIESTE!

Let's talk venue, the city, seating, where to stay, things to do, sights to see, transportation and of course the parties.

Is it true? The Croation contingent will be large at this location? ;)

General Info
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stadio_Nereo_Rocco
    Capacity: 32,454 (likely different with concert set up)

http://www.livenation.it/artist/pearl-jam-tickets
    Trieste, IT - GA Standing $233.00
    Trieste, IT - Reserved Seats $267.00

Not many guidebooks cover Trieste. These are some options:
    Fodor's Italy 2014
    Blue Guide Northern Italy Chapter on Trieste (Kindle)
    Trieste City Guide 2013 (Kindle)

Online Options:
    http://wikitravel.org/en/Trieste

• Options
    FedecoFedeco Posts: 49
    Hi! Just looking for a place to stay in Trieste the night after the gig using booking.com and there are some places to stay in Slovenia,9 or 10 km away from Trieste and cheaper than Italy and is EU member so you don't need visa to cross the border once you are in the EU.
    I'll be very kind if Slovenian PJ fans could share some info about the pros and cons, example, crossing the border, if there are some restrictions, closed at night, etc., public transport to get there, etc.
  • Options
    AttilaAttila Posts: 21
    Hi Guys,

I am still trying to figure out how to travel from Ljubljana to Trieste on 22nd June.
    Anyone with a spare seat in a car, or a bus maybe? If so, please, drop me a line. Thanks!
    1996 Budapest
    2000 Prague, Katowice I, Katowice II, Salzburg
    2006 Prague, Vienna
    2007 Nova Rock, Nijmegen
    2009 Berlin, Manchester, London
    2010 Dublin, Belfast, Venice
    2012 Amsterdam I, Amsterdam II, Prague, Berlin I, Berlin II
    2014 Amsterdam I, Amsterdam II, Trieste, Vienna

i wish i was as fortunate as fortunate as me...
  • Options
    BS90546BS90546 Toronto Posts: 143
    Please PM me as I am looking for tickets to the show. Thanks!
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    edited April 2014
    ::Jumping up and down::: Looks like you can put me down. My wife and I were headed to both A'Dam shows and now Trieste,, :D
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    Question for the people staying in Venice. How are you getting back from Trieste after the show? I'm showing the last train leaves Trieste at 22:06 on ITALIARAIL.. Just got the good news that we're going and trying figure out some logistics. Thanks in advance.

• Options
    NastasjaNastasja Posts: 9,668
    Hey everyone!
    I'm looking for a room in Trieste to share with others.
    It looks pretty booked out and I would be happy if anyone has a spot to share!
    You can spend your time alone, re-digesting past regrets,
    Or you can come to terms and realize
    You're the only one who can't forgive yourself
  • Options
    Anyone know if there are trains leaving Trieste after the show to Venice? I know the last Frecciabianca train leaves at 22:06... So my questions is... How late do the Regional trains run or do they run after midnight?

Heres what I found...
    Frecciabianca trains leave from Venice Mestre train station, while Regional trains depart from Venice Santa Lucia station. All of them arrive at Trieste Centrale station. Frecciabianca trains only run a few times a day, while regional trains run up to twice an hour.

The journey time from Venice to Trieste ranges from 1 hour and 35 minutes on Frecciabianca trains to 3 hours flat on Regional ones.

• Options
    wow talk about a dead thread.. Come on people... lets see some excitement ;)

• Options
    PJStatTrackerPJStatTracker Posts: 2,400
    Anyone with a spare GA to Trieste? I can pay, or swap a GA to Vienna! :)
    Download the unofficial <a href="http://bit.ly/PJStatTracker">Pearl Jam Stat Tracker</a> app for iPhone/iPad. It's <em>FREE.</em>

PM me with any comments or suggestions for the app - or weigh in <a href="http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=167611
    ">here</a>.
    or
    <a href="http://www.facebook.com/pjstattracker">Join the discussion on facebook</a>

• Options
    Trieste was on the TV show House Hunters International tonight...