Options

Vienna 2014 - who is coming?

Comments

• Options
    giventofly69giventofly69 Vancouver Posts: 849
    Seriously thinking about it, because I am having serious PJ withdrawal and because i have never been to Vienna.

... it is a long way to come from Canada, but maybe a pit stop in northern Italy to visit relatives ... hmmm ...
    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
  • Options
    jumbojetjumbojet Posts: 1,484
    I'm trying to make it there 8-) . I may just have my wife stay in Vienna while I take a trip to see PJ at the Wulheide then return asap :shifty: .

Figuring a train would be faster & easier than a car, anyone here know :geek: .

Well, I am also thinking hard on this one. :roll:

I doubt that the train will be faster. diebahn.de site shows that the Wien-Berlin by train is like 9 hours. (Check the link below, hope it works.)

It should be around 7 hours by car through Czech Republic.

I am also planning to drive and I was hesitant about driving through Czech country at first but here folks convinced me that it is no problem. You just buy a sticker at gas station and stick to your window.

There is always the choice of air freight but if budget is no concern, I think air freight makes little sense. You spend 1 hour to go to airport, have to be there 1.5 hours in advance, the flight takes 1,5 hours, half an hour to get out of the airport and 1 hour to go to your hotel in the city. That adds to 5.5 hours. Just put your luggage in the trunk and drive for 7 hours instead. 8-) (again, if budget is no concern :fp: )

http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query. ... on.suchen=
    What's your part, who you are?

2012: Arras, Berlin 1-2
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires
    2014: Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: NY MSG 1
  • Options
    KathiKathi Posts: 1,828
    9 hours sounds about right for going from Vienna to Berlin by train. There's also the option of taking a cheap flight (about 60€) with Airberlin. It's what I usually do when I go there, but this time I'll be on the fan-organized bus from Vienna to Berlin, leaves from the venue after the show - it's on facebook if you're interested.

Btw, you will need a sticker on your car in Austria too (the "Vignette"), but if you rent in Austria maybe the car comes with that, check with the rental car company. I'm not sure about rentals, but most 'normal' cars in Europe have manual gear shifts, so if you're not used to that it might be good to inquire about that as well.

any idea about where to have the pre-party in Vienna? :)
  • Options
    Kathi wrote:

Btw, you will need a sticker on your car in Austria too (the "Vignette"), but if you rent in Austria maybe the car comes with that, check with the rental car company. I'm not sure about rentals, but most 'normal' cars in Europe have manual gear shifts, so if you're not used to that it might be good to inquire about that as well.

Thank you so much, I didn't know about that. :idea: :P

• Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,878
    I'm trying to make it there 8-) . I may just have my wife stay in Vienna while I take a trip to see PJ at the Wulheide then return asap :shifty: .

Joe in 2012 i drove back from berlin to vienna and it took about 6.5 - 7 hours!
    Would be great to meet you again.
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    Chrisilein wrote:

Joe in 2012 i drove back from berlin to vienna and it took about 6.5 - 7 hours!
    Would be great to meet you again.

By car!
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    BHealyBHealy Flagstaff, Arizona Posts: 466
    I put in for 10c tickets for the Vienna show-I think my wife is open to buying general public seats to one of the shows if we don't get drawn for 10c tickets. Its my 40th birthday!
  • Options
    Has anyone been able to figure out or get any info on how big the GA section will be for Vienna? (Will the entire floor be GA, or will there be a smaller GA pit like the US tour?)
    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
  • Options
    lisa10lisa10 Posts: 18
    Has anyone been able to figure out or get any info on how big the GA section will be for Vienna? (Will the entire floor be GA, or will there be a smaller GA pit like the US tour?)

Good question. Stadthalle is rather big, so I doubt the entire floor will be GA.
  • Options
    lisa10lisa10 Posts: 18
    Just a heads up that tickets will go on sale on Dec 20th http://www.stadthalle.com/mediaroom-news/Pearl-Jam/792

As for the pre-party: There are some bars around Stadthalle. How many peeps do you guys think will show up?

Also, if anyone is looking for a hotel, I highly recommend Motel One at Westbahnhof (train station), which is like a 10min walk from Stadthalle. Rooms are around 70ish Euros per night (which is a good deal for Vienna).
  • Options
    lisa10 wrote:

Good question. Stadthalle is rather big, so I doubt the entire floor will be GA.

I would think the entire floor is GA, but with a fenced off front pit with wristbands, so you can get in and out of there. 10c would be in that front pit.
    seen that set up a couple of times there, e.g. last year at QOTSA.

pre-parties usually get quite a few people...which bars were you thinking of? doesn't really need to be near the venue though, unless you were thinking of having it on show day?
  • Options
    FaezaMFaezaM Posts: 152

There is a bus going after the show from Vienna to Berlin. Already about 60 ppl signed up...
    https://www.facebook.com/events/3674183 ... /?source=1

:geek:
    Shows:
    Madison Square Garden, NYC, July 2003 (BEST Concert of ALL TIME)
    Oracle Arena, Oakland, CA, November 2013 (2nd BEST Concert of ALL TIME)
    ***Milan, IT, June 2014****
    ***Trieste, IT, June 2014***
    ***Berlin, DE, June 2014***
  • Options
    Kathi wrote:
    I would think the entire floor is GA, but with a fenced off front pit with wristbands, so you can get in and out of there. 10c would be in that front pit.

pre-parties usually get quite a few people...which bars were you thinking of? doesn't really need to be near the venue though, unless you were thinking of having it on show day?

I am new on this subject so wanna ask: Who makes these decisions on pre-party venues? Since you seem to be a local, you are allowed to come up with some suggestions, no? I thought Chris might also have some ideas. :corn: :corn: :mrgreen:

• Options

Here is a nice video of the Vienna Stadthalle.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kj0PIBoZCjw

We can't say if they have a seperate smaller sector for TC in front of the stage. Could be..
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    petrimppetrimp Finland Posts: 161
    FaezaM wrote:

There is a bus going after the show from Vienna to Berlin. Already about 60 ppl signed up...
    https://www.facebook.com/events/3674183 ... /?source=1

:geek:

Cool :shock: :lol: This sounds like lot of fun. How much does that cost?
    hearts and thoughts they fade, fade away...
  • Options
    jumbojet wrote:
    Kathi wrote:

I am new on this subject so wanna ask: Who makes these decisions on pre-party venues? Since you seem to be a local, you are allowed to come up with some suggestions, no? I thought Chris might also have some ideas. :corn: :corn: :mrgreen:

in Europe there's no wishlist parties/fundraisers, so I guess it's just someone local who picks a place that he/she thinks will be fun and is big enough and willing to host a crazy PJ people get together.
    I was trying to come up with something, but none of the places I thought of are big enough...should be something spacious, with a little bit of local flavor to it, so maybe people can have food etc there too.
    I was thinking about something like a brewery that also has food, siebenstern or the likes of it...but Chris probably knows more stuff than I do, I''ve only lived in Vienna for 3 years.
  • Options
    I entered the lottery only for Vienna so let's hope so!!!
  • Options
    I entered the lottery only for Vienna so let's hope so!!!

Good luck!
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    Erik1977Erik1977 Heerlen Posts: 140
    I'm hoping to get tickets. I have never been to your beautiful city before. I entered the drawing for GA tickets. If not lucky, I hope to get tickets in general sale.
    2000 Pinkpop
    2006 Arnhem, Antwerp
    2007 Düsseldorf, Nijmegen
    2009 Rotterdam, London
    2010 London, Nijmegen, Berlin, Arras, Werchter
    2012 Manchester I, Amsterdam I + II, Werchter, Berlin I + II, Stockholm
    2013 Brooklyn I + II, Philly I + II
    2014 Amsterdam I + II, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Werchter, Leeds
    2016 Fenway I + II
    2018 Amsterdam I + II, Pinkpop, London I + II, Padova, Kraków, Barcelona, Seattle I + II
    2022 Pinkpop, Zürich, Frankfurt, London I + II, Prague , Amsterdam I, Amsterdam II
    2023 Austin I + II

• Options
    Erik1977 wrote:
    I'm hoping to get tickets. I have never been to your beautiful city before. I entered the drawing for GA tickets. If not lucky, I hope to get tickets in general sale.

Good luck to you too! I'm sure we all get tickets in the end
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    I've entered the lottery for Vienna and if i don't win i'd like to try for tickets for this show in the general sale. Is there an Austrian Ticketmaster or equivalent i need to use?
    Manchester 17.8.09, Manchester 21.6.12, Copenhagen 10.7.12, Manchester 28.7.12 (EV), Phoenix 19.11.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Vienna 25.6.14, Leeds 8.7.14, London 6.6.17 (EV), London 18.6.18, Krakow 3.7.18, London 17.7.18, Dublin 3.7.19 (EV)
  • Options
    I've entered the lottery for Vienna and if i don't win i'd like to try for tickets for this show in the general sale. Is there an Austrian Ticketmaster or equivalent i need to use?

Should be oeticket.com and I think you should have no Problem getting Tickets there, if 10c lottery doesn't work..
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,837
    Just entered the lottery. :)
  • Options
    TP80932TP80932 Flagstaff, AZ Posts: 45
    I think we're going to pull the trigger and enter the lottery for Vienna and the Italy shows. It's a long haul from Northern Arizona, but it should be worth it. I was in Vienna a couple years ago for work and it was such a great city!
    I still can't figure out how to change my username...
  • Options
    This is the only show I've applied for - fingers crossed!!
    London O2 Arena 2009
    London Hyde Park 2010
    Manchester MEN Arena 2 2012
    Amsterdam Ziggo Dome 2 2012
    Vienna Stadhalle 2014
    London O2 Arena 1 2018
    London O2 Arena 2 2018
    London Hyde Park 2 2022
  • Options
    alesekalesek Posts: 809
    A pre-party is a must, Chris, Birgit, Kathi! :)

By the way im sure there will be some football on too on Tuesday night same as was last year in Malostranska Beseda in Prague... (what a excuse to have a beer, right?)
    14/6/00 Prague 22/9/06 Prague 12/6/07 Munich 15/8/09 Berlin 22/06/10 Dublin 23/06/10 Belfast 30/06/10 Berlin 26/06/12 Amsterdam 02/07/12 Prague 04/07/12 Berlin 05/07/12 Berlin 07/07/12 Stockholm 09/07/12 Oslo 10/07/12 Copenhagen 25/6/14 Vienna 26/6/14 Berlin 1/7/18 Prague 3/7/18 Krakow 5/7/18 Berlin
  • Options
    alesek wrote:

By the way im sure there will be some football on too on Tuesday night same as was last year in Malostranska Beseda in Prague... (what a excuse to have a beer, right?)

after party, too!
    Download the unofficial <a href="http://bit.ly/PJStatTracker">Pearl Jam Stat Tracker</a> app for iPhone/iPad. It's <em>FREE.</em>

PM me with any comments or suggestions for the app - or weigh in <a href="http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=167611
    ">here</a>.
    or
    <a href="http://www.facebook.com/pjstattracker">Join the discussion on facebook</a>

• Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    May the ticket gods be with me ... may they be with us all, actually.

If so, Euro summer 2014 includes Vienna for me.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    alesek wrote:

after party, too!

We will find a location!
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    For your info ...

I emailed 10C about GA in Vienna ... asking if the entire floor will be GA or if there will be a GA pit at the front with reserved seating at the back (like the 2013 US/Canada tour). Reply below.

"There is not seating on the floor. The whole floor will be GA.

-10c"